Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1293 posts
1075 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: Not they do not open the box
Last 4 phones i have got from them, they did. I guess they have had many cases where phones came broken or without accessories. Even Samsung store once opened my S7.
Last edited by chhotadon on Dec 23rd, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jul 7, 2011
460 posts
183 upvotes
chhotadon wrote: Not sure why you paid the activation fees in store. It will show up on your next bill.


That's what they told me first. But when looked all the way to the right on their sheet, then they said, yes, its for upgrade as well.
Thanks guys. It was for my brother, he ended up getting it.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1204 posts
587 upvotes
chhotadon wrote: Last 4 phones i have got from them, they did. I guess they have had many cases where phones came broken or without accessories. Even Samsung store once opened my S7.
highly doubt, big companies like Samsung and Apple's quality check missing a phone being broken or missing accessories. Maybe Huawei, lol

It's probably to protect bestbuy from abusers, saying the box was missing something or the phone was broken,
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 16, 2016
81 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if this has been posted but bbm at fview isnt doing new activations for koodo...i asked the rep and they said their store has been flagged by koodo...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1293 posts
1075 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: highly doubt, big companies like Samsung and Apple's quality check missing a phone being broken or missing accessories. Maybe Huawei, lol

It's probably to protect bestbuy from abusers, saying the box was missing something or the phone was broken,
I have tried telling them not to open, but they say they have to.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
6879 posts
1012 upvotes
Toronto
crookscastle79 wrote: Not sure if this has been posted but bbm at fview isnt doing new activations for koodo...i asked the rep and they said their store has been flagged by koodo...
Maybe too many churners in that area?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2016
1216 posts
1345 upvotes
frendzpz wrote: Went to bestbuy STC morning but no s9,ip8.
interesting there was stock when i went at 11ish for the iphone 8 in white and gold. My buddy went at 12 and there was still stock.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 7, 2008
4243 posts
1758 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if I can switch from $60 BYOD plan to non BYOD, pay the tab off ASAP then go back on the BYOD plan? Reason I want to do this is because I'm currently getting the BYOD discount and don't want to lose it

Also what the **** are you guys doing getting 8 phones? Jesus Christ this is why good things never last, absolute idiots man
Last edited by randomkidx on Dec 23rd, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1204 posts
587 upvotes
chhotadon wrote: I have tried telling them not to open, but they say they have to.
prob company policy
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1492 posts
836 upvotes
Earth
randomkidx wrote: Anyone know if I can switch from $60 BYOD plan to non BYOD, pay the tab off ASAP then go back on the BYOD plan? Reason I want to do this is because I'm currently getting the BYOD discount and don't want to lose it
How much is the BYOD discount on the $60 plan?
Last edited by Oatmeal on Dec 23rd, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer Wireless: $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2016
1216 posts
1345 upvotes
dZoolander wrote: I upgraded & paid my tab 4 times on each of the 2 lines in my account since Black Friday and never cancelled any services, just upgraded > paid tab > repeated. Went to Best Buy this morning with 0 balance & 0 tab on my account to get the S9 but upgrade won't go through even though I did not have a tab, not even on a new line activation. Best Buy agent calls Koodo to find out what was going on and was told there had been a restriction placed on my account which prevents me from buying new phones.

So I call Koodo when I got home and after being placed on hold, I was told that there was a 90-day policy on upgrades & since I had just recently made upgrades on both lines in the last 10 days, my account is currently under investigation with their credit department. Investigate what I asked? I don't even owe them anything, I upgraded and paid my tabs each time & my account balance is zero. I said if their policy is 90 days, then their system should not allow upgrades in their website that does not meet that criteria to begin with?

I know I may have gone overboard a bit with 8 phones in a span of a month (4 on each line), but I thought I read somewhere here that you're allowed to buy 8 phones per line or something? Has this happen to anyone else? If so, is this a permanent restriction or will the restriction get lifted after 90 days or something?
There is no way you are allowed 8 phones per line in a span of a month, When you get 1, pay off the tab and get another plus pay off the tab you are risking getting flagged already. If they restore your ability to buy phones 3 months later I would be fine with that. You are supposed to be locked for 3 months on 1 sign up. Its a loophole that allows you to pay before the 3 month period. I would not have bothered letting the reps call in etc. Just risking something big. I doubt there could be any real problems but I wouldn't push it until the 3 months are up.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 7, 2008
4243 posts
1758 upvotes
Toronto
dZoolander wrote: I upgraded & paid my tab 4 times on each of the 2 lines in my account since Black Friday and never cancelled any services, just upgraded > paid tab > repeated. Went to Best Buy this morning with 0 balance & 0 tab on my account to get the S9 but upgrade won't go through even though I did not have a tab, not even on a new line activation. Best Buy agent calls Koodo to find out what was going on and was told there had been a restriction placed on my account which prevents me from buying new phones.

So I call Koodo when I got home and after being placed on hold, I was told that there was a 90-day policy on upgrades & since I had just recently made upgrades on both lines in the last 10 days, my account is currently under investigation with their credit department. Investigate what I asked? I don't even owe them anything, I upgraded and paid my tabs each time & my account balance is zero. I said if their policy is 90 days, then their system should not allow upgrades in their website that does not meet that criteria to begin with?

I know I may have gone overboard a bit with 8 phones in a span of a month (4 on each line), but I thought I read somewhere here that you're allowed to buy 8 phones per line or something? Has this happen to anyone else? If so, is this a permanent restriction or will the restriction get lifted after 90 days or something?
You deserve to be permanently banned 8 phones is insanely excessive
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
6879 posts
1012 upvotes
Toronto
On the phone now with Koodo to cancel, and still not done after 30 minutes.

First CSR took all my info then referred me to Cancellation Dept. where I had to repeat everything, my reasons for leaving, etc.

They must be snowed under today with cancellation requests from BestBuy churners, so want to make it harder to cancel new lines.

I also asked them very nicely to return my $35 Activation fee since I never activated the line. After some back and forth he agreed. I'm a long-time Koodo customer with a bunch of lines, so maybe that helped.

I'm happy!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)