Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Mar 11, 2013
373 posts
428 upvotes
Brampton
mtl-D wrote: What's this 50MB data limit? I was told 14 days and new condition for returns. I specifically asked if there are any other conditions (in the past there used to a max # of call minutes) and they said no.
It's there under the Trial period section of the agreement. 15 day - no charge return is subjected to usage of 30 voice minutes, 50 messages or 50 mb of data. Over these limits, we will be charged per day depending on the plan. Even though the charge per day is less, it should for what we used and not their tactics.

Not sure, but best buy might state this clause to reject returns as well.
Last edited by duraikmurugan on Dec 23rd, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 19, 2017
176 posts
172 upvotes
Alright I'm basically ready for this I'm just wondering what the chances are that someone offers a GC over $150 on the S9 on boxing day?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1111 posts
464 upvotes
TheRealSwatson wrote: Alright I'm basically ready for this I'm just wondering what the chances are that someone offers a GC over $150 on the S9 on boxing day?
maybe, but im guessing all stock will be sold out before
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone please confirm, if you were able to stack your preexisting koodo account credits for device upgrade with best the Bestbuy offer?
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6771 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
TheRealSwatson wrote: Alright I'm basically ready for this I'm just wondering what the chances are that someone offers a GC over $150 on the S9 on boxing day?
I would check for better Koodo offers with Walmart on the 26th, or day before, in their flyer. There is a better offer there now for iPhone 8 on Telus... :-)

It seems like the WalMart deals don't start until the 26th, so can't sell out beforehand.
Nov 14, 2018
43 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver,bc
Those in GVRD, both Coquitlam and Surrey have plenty of iPhone 8’s in stock (mostly gold, some black, and no silver). Both are aware that new activations and upgrades are eligible for $150 promo. Hope this helps.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6771 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
MastaOogway wrote: wow that's ballsy if you technically never activated the line then you don't qualify for the activation credits. If they have a recording of that you would have to pay more than just the tab, but i doubt it.
I was super relaxed and polite with the guy and never got pushy at all, like always. E.g. "Is there any possible way I could get my activation fee refunded since I never used the SIM?" Then I was super grateful when he did it.

From the number of "new sealed" iphone 8 phones I see on Kijiji I think most people are selling them unactivated. It would be simple enough for Koodo to check the SIMs they sent us to see if they were ever activated....
Last edited by Inno on Dec 23rd, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1873 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
S9's are selling out so pulled the trigger on last one I can find. Did an upgrade on my Med Plan.
Sep 6, 2009
575 posts
196 upvotes
I'm on Koodo $40/8gb plan. How does HUP work? Do I just pay $360 + $35 and monthly stay as $40? Or will I pay $0 + $35 and monthly becomes $55? I'm confused. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1140 posts
462 upvotes
Sask
I thought higher gc was a possibility too but they had stock and phone counter wasn't too busy when I went yesterday. Boxing day will be crazy and stock may be scarce so that's why I decided to get mine now. Not having to go there at 6am boxing day has value too! Lol
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4532 posts
3494 upvotes
Can anyone confirm you can sign up and Port your number online for virgin mobile prepaid?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1159 posts
1289 upvotes
dadizhu wrote: I'm on Koodo $40/8gb plan. How does HUP work? Do I just pay $360 + $35 and monthly stay as $40? Or will I pay $0 + $35 and monthly becomes $55? I'm confused. Thanks.
you pay your tab /24 per month so 40+15 and tax every month and the initial 35 activation.
Mar 17, 2017
107 posts
126 upvotes
GTA
I used the walmart deal to get an iPhone 7 for my mom, is it possible to use this deal to open a second Koodo account under my own name for the 8 Plus?
Sep 13, 2016
427 posts
569 upvotes
GTA
For anybody worried about being blacklisted I cancelled the iPhone 8 with Koodo on Black Friday and today no problem. The only thing I did was go to 2 different Best Buy’s. Of course YMMV.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1111 posts
464 upvotes
Dinamo2016 wrote: For anybody worried about being blacklisted I cancelled the iPhone 8 with Koodo on Black Friday and today no problem. The only thing I did was go to 2 different Best Buy’s. Of course YMMV.
noone is going to blacklist 1-2 phones..