Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2019 7:35 pm
Jun 6, 2017
92 posts
24 upvotes
Finally got an iPhone 8 on Tab medium on my existing 10GB $60 plan and got $150gc that I swapped for prepaid Visa card at Best Buy Heartland Mississauga . Called Koodo to see if they could waive activation fee or provide any discount but nothing worked. Anyway happy for what I got thanks to RFD.
Jul 24, 2012
945 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
If my cousin on my public mobile switches to Koodo through those text offers he gets, can he take advantage of this offer?

Also, if I took advantage of a similar offer during Black Friday for an S9, would I be able to get an iPhone 8 now if I pay off the tab balance?
Aug 11, 2009
883 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton
Was just in the bramlea best buy and the person said the 10gb $60 plan is not eligible for upgrade. The plan would change to current promo in order to get promo. This sucks!
Jul 25, 2014
108 posts
54 upvotes
Langley, BC
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:50 pm
Can someone please confirm, if you were able to stack your preexisting koodo account credits for device upgrade with best the Bestbuy offer?
would like to know as well, in case someone is willing to share
Jan 17, 2004
94 posts
18 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Victoria BB has lots apparently. Just picked one up. The employee offered an additional $100 GC if you sign up for their $14 a month geek squad warranty. You get a free screen protector that they apply and you can cancel it any time.

As a consequence $300 - 100 (additional GC) + $14 (for one month warranty) = $214 all in.
Last edited by LMC on Dec 23rd, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid forum costing me too much money...
Jun 22, 2009
897 posts
429 upvotes
Vancouver
hey just wondering will seasonal hold work if i am just adding a line to the account ?
Aug 23, 2010
731 posts
148 upvotes
mathu83 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:04 pm
Can you keep the phone sealed and use a phone that you already have with the new plan that is offered?
Absolutely, just put the new sim in your existing phone (assuming it is unlocked or on Koodo already). I did just that. Will keep the S9 but just don't have time to set it up at the moment.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1457 posts
801 upvotes
Calgary
yo2boy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:47 am
Btw WOW Mobile had the Galaxy A8 with $250 GC on Tab Small activations. That's more than what Best Buy and Walmart offer as of now.
Does that work for renewals too? Or just new activations?
Feb 4, 2013
66 posts
13 upvotes
Guelph
So confused. With Fido right now and want to switch. How do people have 10gb for 60? I cannot see that plan on their website. So people who have the $60 plan...will $15 add on that?
Aug 23, 2010
731 posts
148 upvotes
patthan wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 4:54 pm
So confused. With Fido right now and want to switch. How do people have 10gb for 60? I cannot see that plan on their website. So people who have the $60 plan...will $15 add on that?
I believe it was a previously available BYOD plan. Not currently available. Comparable plan at the moment is 6GB for $60
Aug 24, 2018
211 posts
188 upvotes
Langley BC
Just picked up 2 S9 (grey). Thanks OP. Best buy Langley was out of stock (still had 10+ iphone 8). Went to best buy south surrey and they had a few:)
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Feb 4, 2013
66 posts
13 upvotes
Guelph
Rustycage wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:02 pm
I believe it was a previously available BYOD plan. Not currently available. Comparable plan at the moment is 6GB for $60
Thanks. So should I wait for boxing day?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2005
1121 posts
378 upvotes
dZoolander wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:54 pm
I upgraded & paid my tab 4 times on each of the 2 lines in my account since Black Friday and never cancelled any services, just upgraded > paid tab > repeated. Went to Best Buy this morning with 0 balance & 0 tab on my account to get the S9 but upgrade won't go through even though I did not have a tab, not even on a new line activation. Best Buy agent calls Koodo to find out what was going on and was told there had been a restriction placed on my account which prevents me from buying new phones.

So I call Koodo when I got home and after being placed on hold, I was told that there was a 90-day policy on upgrades & since I had just recently made upgrades on both lines in the last 10 days, my account is currently under investigation with their credit department. Investigate what I asked? I don't even owe them anything, I upgraded and paid my tabs each time & my account balance is zero. I said if their policy is 90 days, then their system should not allow upgrades in their website that does not meet that criteria to begin with?

I know I may have gone overboard a bit with 8 phones in a span of a month (4 on each line), but I thought I read somewhere here that you're allowed to buy 8 phones per line or something? Has this happen to anyone else? If so, is this a permanent restriction or will the restriction get lifted after 90 days or something?
If you're buying them on Medium Tab and asking the $360 for each to be paid on your next bill I suspect your account has accrued a balance of $360 * 8 = $2880 plus tax on top of your regular charges for your next bill. Koodo doesn't have an option to pay your tab immediately as I'm aware of, it always goes on your next bill in which case that would put you over whatever normal credit range they have...
Nov 24, 2016
885 posts
890 upvotes
patthan wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:04 pm
Thanks. So should I wait for boxing day?
whats your fido plan right now ? do you still have any outstanding balance on a phone? how long have you been with them? There may or not be better deals on boxing day. If you wait too long phone stock might just disappear.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2978 posts
1361 upvotes
Mississauga
Suthek wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 4:53 pm
Does that work for renewals too? Or just new activations?
New activations
I love RFD! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)