Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 4:05 pm
Dec 14, 2018
36 posts
1 upvote
LMC wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 4:47 pm
Victoria BB has lots apparently. Just picked one up. The employee offered an additional $100 GC if you sign up for their $14 a month geek squad warranty. You get a free screen protector that they apply and you can cancel it any time.

As a consequence $300 - 100 (additional GC) + $14 (for one month warranty) = $214 all in.
Shit, I declined the $14 month geek squad warranty when they offered it. Do you know if it's only your local store that offers $100 GC and free screen protector? In addition, is the geek squad warranty service by monthly and not yearly?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2716 posts
1115 upvotes
Mississauga
crookscastle79 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:16 pm
Not sure if this has been posted but bbm at fview isnt doing new activations for koodo...i asked the rep and they said their store has been flagged by koodo...
That's actually sad.
tropically wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:15 pm
Shit, I declined the $14 month geek squad warranty when they offered it. Do you know if it's only your local store that offers $100 GC and free screen protector? In addition, is the geek squad warranty service by monthly and not yearly?
They only offered screen protector when I signed up. Seems to be YMMV.
Last edited by yo2boy on Dec 23rd, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love RFD! :)
Jan 17, 2004
94 posts
18 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Suthek wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 4:53 pm
Does that work for renewals too? Or just new activations?
tropically wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:15 pm
No idea if it's nationwide. It's obly charged monthly I paid the 14 upfront for the first month.
Stupid forum costing me too much money...
Dec 6, 2008
20 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Was at Best Buy South Van Marine Dr. this morning, very quiet there around 11am. iPhone 8 They had 4 or 5 gold and space grey ones in stock. Renewals included. Min. $60 plan on Fido. They said sale might end today. This is same as the BF sale they had. also saw some prepaid Visas and Mastercards near the checkout.
Feb 4, 2013
55 posts
10 upvotes
Guelph
MastaOogway wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:09 pm
whats your fido plan right now ? do you still have any outstanding balance on a phone? how long have you been with them? There may or not be better deals on boxing day. If you wait too long phone stock might just disappear.
I have a medium pulse plan with the lg g5... $75 10gb with 25% discount bringing the plan to $63 a month taxes in. The discount is till April 2019 when my contract officially renews and my phone balance becomes zero. However a few things,

I had to fight with Fido for 2 months to get this plan. And it expired in April and then the bill goes back to $75

Been with Fido for 6 years

April is a horrible time to renew contracts since no promotions so decided to pay off the phone right now and start the cycle around boxing day and black friday

Have no problems paying the remaining $100 on the phone today and switching to a different provider.

Advice?
Jul 13, 2012
189 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
yo2boy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:33 pm
I value my time a lot more than you guys, just port out using a prepaid sim card.

Public Mobile is instant, Bell/Virgin prepaid also works but may have issues with the cancellation date according to my previous experience.
can we port online or do we have to call public mobile to port our koodo number?
Zoomer Wireless customer, $0 LG G5, $36 4GB data
Don't hesitate to ask any question😉
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5951 posts
2464 upvotes
Canada
rankiba wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:34 pm
can we port online or do we have to call public mobile to port our koodo number?
You port online in self serve, there is no public mobile call center
Public Mobile and Koodo customer
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5368 posts
1144 upvotes
Scarborough
You'll need to buy a PM SIM though for $10 right?
Jul 17, 2012
10 posts
MARKHAM
Hey guys, sorry for the noob question. i just got the s9. I was wondering do i need to activate the SIM Card given from BB? and How do i get into koodo self-serve to see my tab balance?
Jun 10, 2008
6 posts
Toronto
Just an update.
Went to BB in south Etobicoke (Sherway).

I have a 6GB $49/mth plan via cellphoneman.ca -- manitoba plan.

I couldn't get the deal.

I tried to get a brand new line to deactivate tomorrow, they're no longer giving out these deals on new plans.

Anyone have luck or suggestions on how to get the deal?
Apr 29, 2011
58 posts
18 upvotes
seshwan wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:08 pm
If you're buying them on Medium Tab and asking the $360 for each to be paid on your next bill I suspect your account has accrued a balance of $360 * 8 = $2880 plus tax on top of your regular charges for your next bill. Koodo doesn't have an option to pay your tab immediately as I'm aware of, it always goes on your next bill in which case that would put you over whatever normal credit range they have...
Thanks for the input, however, the previous ones had already been billed & paid for in November's bill, the 2 upgrades I made in December is due to be billed in the next couple of days. So essentially, only $720 (360*2) is on credit on top of my regular charges.
Last edited by dZoolander on Dec 23rd, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1599 posts
974 upvotes
ahoplock wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:41 am
I PM'd at TMS for 150k PC Optimum points on a Koodo HUP. I showed them the following link and reminded them of their Price Match Guarantee -> https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... 37385.aspx?

They were not enthusiastic about matching and I fully expected them to deny it as some of the ad is a bit vague (e.g. "on select 2-year Medium/Gold Plans", no mention of whether or not it applies to HUP, etc.) but I probably could have asked them to call Best Buy to confirm the details if they refused to budge.
Yeah these guys were being difficult. They wouldn't do the HUP because it doesn't show and they refused to call Best Buy because that is not what they do and have to show their IT department (for the extra points) an advertisement to be able to match.

Coventry Hills Superstore. Avoid.
Aug 31, 2018
60 posts
11 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:43 pm
You'll need to buy a PM SIM though for $10 right?
If you're planning on cancelling by porting over to PM then yes you need to buy a sim. You could get the sim for free if you activate it in store at walmart, London Drugs, TMS or WOW, thats what I did.
Nov 13, 2016
222 posts
329 upvotes
Does anyone have a pic of Bestbuy's pricing sheet for this offer?
If someone's comment helped you, an upvote only takes 1 click!