Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 4:49 pm
Sep 15, 2014
106 posts
48 upvotes
Got an iPhone 8 gold this morning (much needed upgrade from my iPhone 4), thanks OP!
Nov 24, 2016
625 posts
568 upvotes
patthan wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:19 pm
I have a medium pulse plan with the lg g5... $75 10gb with 25% discount bringing the plan to $63 a month taxes in. The discount is till April 2019 when my contract officially renews and my phone balance becomes zero. However a few things,

I had to fight with Fido for 2 months to get this plan. And it expired in April and then the bill goes back to $75

Been with Fido for 6 years

April is a horrible time to renew contracts since no promotions so decided to pay off the phone right now and start the cycle around boxing day and black friday

Have no problems paying the remaining $100 on the phone today and switching to a different provider.

Advice?
I wouldn't say april is a terrible time to upgrade. A lot of those public mobile to koodo offers came around march and lasted til may. Telus trying to pad its subscriber numbers before q1 ends I guess. However since you are with fido for such a long time if you do port out they will probably offer you one of those win back plans. My sister was offered one of those when she ported from fido to koodo and those deals are pretty stellar. She had the option of a note 8 or iphone x for free on the 70 dollar 8gb? plan with 25% off (this was before the iphone xs and note 9 was released). No guarantees though. I would wait for boxing week/boxing day and if something comes around that you are comfortable leaving fido for I would do it.
Feb 4, 2013
55 posts
10 upvotes
Guelph
MastaOogway wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:59 pm
I wouldn't say april is a terrible time to upgrade. A lot of those public mobile to koodo offers came around march and lasted til may. Telus trying to pad its subscriber numbers before q1 ends I guess. However since you are with fido for such a long time if you do port out they will probably offer you one of those win back plans. My sister was offered one of those when she ported from fido to koodo and those deals are pretty stellar. She had the option of a note 8 or iphone x for free on the 70 dollar 8gb? plan with 25% off (this was before the iphone xs and note 9 was released). No guarantees though. I would wait for boxing week/boxing day and if something comes around that you are comfortable leaving fido for I would do it.
Thanks...that's what I'll do
Mar 11, 2011
69 posts
16 upvotes
Surrey
Was anyone with Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan able to do an upgrade to the S9 on $0/Medium tab?

The rep at Best Buy didn't see the option in his computer so he called Koodo. The Koodo CSR told me I had to change to a $50/6GB in market plan to be eligible to upgrade!
Mar 27, 2016
41 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Just picked up a S9 in Vancouver. Didn't get the GeekSquad protection plan. However, my friend got a new medium plan Fido (from byod) and S9 for $0, also $150 gift card. He signed up for protection plan, as the deal was $50 gift card, free screen protector (he asked to apply it himself), and $35 bill credit. The rep said the protection plan has to be kept for 3 months (differ from what I read above), not sure if it's accurate.
Dec 22, 2018
2 posts
grabbed a grey s9 @ best buy greenfield park, st-bruno was oos on greys and greenfield park is oos too now since i got the last one with another guy who was debating which phone to choose when they were only 2 grey s9 left, he took the other one
so i got a s9 for 250$
thanks RFD !
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
Vincent9688 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:45 pm
Hey guys, sorry for the noob question. i just got the s9. I was wondering do i need to activate the SIM Card given from BB? and How do i get into koodo self-serve to see my tab balance?
No you do not need the sim card activated to sign into the self serve.
Nov 27, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone know how long it takes for the bell port out? Also do you have to top up after activation? Thanks.
Feb 19, 2006
42 posts
13 upvotes
In case anyone was wondering, the Gerrard Square (Toronto) Wal-Mart's offer is $0 on the M tab, no giftcard.

I ended up buying my S9 for $0 on the M tab yesterday from Gerrard Square Wal-Mart as I figured it was a good deal, a few mins walk from my home and last time I tried to get the better deal from Best Buy, they were sold out. I do have a bit of buyer's remorse from not getting the Best Buy deal but I hedged my bets I suppose. I did specifically ask if they could do a gift card and was told no.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2942 posts
1117 upvotes
truck240 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 6:08 pm
Was anyone with Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan able to do an upgrade to the S9 on $0/Medium tab?

The rep at Best Buy didn't see the option in his computer so he called Koodo. The Koodo CSR told me I had to change to a $50/6GB in market plan to be eligible to upgrade!
Both times I went they said it wasn’t possible and I said just try to submit. It worked both times.

Tell them now to worry about the plan and to start the transaction.

I have the same plan as yours.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Feb 16, 2007
275 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
truck240 wrote:

I have the $40/8GB plan and the only issue they had upgrading me to the iphone 8 was they had to remove the international roaming option for some reason. Other than that, it was a painless process. Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
supermaster wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 6:15 pm
Anyone know how long it takes for the bell port out? Also do you have to top up after activation? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure porting is instant. And I believe all you need to purchase is the sim card.
Feb 7, 2008
850 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
truck240 wrote:

I kept my $40 public migration plan, same for my wife's, and my brother was able to do the same for him and his wife.
Mar 11, 2011
69 posts
16 upvotes
Surrey
mounties99 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 6:21 pm
I have the $40/8GB plan and the only issue they had upgrading me to the iphone 8 was they had to remove the international roaming option for some reason. Other than that, it was a painless process. Hope this helps.
Why would the Koodo CSR tell the Best Buy rep and myself I would have to change plans? In early September I got the P20 for $0/Medium tab. IMHO the P20 camera is overated.

Off topic but I'd say 50% of the time the P20 takes awesome photos the other 50% it takes to much work to get a picture worth keeping.