Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 4:49 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
Do any supermarkets/grocery stores like Sobeys sell Prepaid SIM cards?
Nov 25, 2014
1 posts
North York, ON
Ash of Fairview Mall, Toronto, Best Buy Mobile, answered the phone when I called and told me he would do new activation and port-in. He told me to "come on in". I reconfirmed on the phone with him that he would do new activation and will do port-in before I drove there. I was physically at the store then he told me no new activation for Koodo, and he can't port-in for VOIP. I have receipt as I just got ported-in from a different Best Buy for a VOIP number. He then made up some excuse and said it is up to the store's discretion to activate a line for you or not. If you port to Fido or Virgin I will activate it. Such horrible customer service. No wonder why Amazon is killing Best Buy.
crookscastle79 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:16 pm
Not sure if this has been posted but bbm at fview isnt doing new activations for koodo...i asked the rep and they said their store has been flagged by koodo...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16353 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto
Bestbuy Woodbridge couldn’t do any Koodo activations either

Said Koodo bestbuy system is down....
Jan 9, 2014
360 posts
268 upvotes
Regina
duraikmurugan wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:29 pm
It could be their policy to open the box. But, make sure they do not switch on the device. As soon as they switch on, the the setup process consumes more than 50MB data which voids your return without charge condition. The rep did that in a hurry even before I could say something. I switched on the device after coming home and saw it has already consumed 92 MB. Now, I'm pissed...
The only way that could happen was if the phone had the SIM installed in it already... which involves a lot more than just opening the box and turning it on
Feb 27, 2012
7 posts
Sorry for the rookie question, but I'm looking for some confirmation - I jumped on this deal. If I cancel a day later will Best Buy claw back the gift card?
Nov 27, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: I'm pretty sure porting is instant. And I believe all you need to purchase is the sim card.
Thx it seems instant as email came in
Mar 11, 2013
206 posts
250 upvotes
Brampton
AnujS699 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 6:45 pm
The only way that could happen was if the phone had the SIM installed in it already... which involves a lot more than just opening the box and turning it on
The rep opened the box in front of me, installed the SIM and switched on the device and started setting up.
I had to stop her saying that I can do that. All this took 94 MB of data usage.
Mar 11, 2013
206 posts
250 upvotes
Brampton
brendonjodi wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 6:50 pm
Sorry for the rookie question, but I'm looking for some confirmation - I jumped on this deal. If I cancel a day later will Best Buy claw back the gift card?
Use your GC to buy a prepaid visa card before cancelling. Just to be safe.
Dec 29, 2016
223 posts
378 upvotes
brendonjodi wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 6:50 pm
Yes
Nov 15, 2005
592 posts
213 upvotes
Montreal
thanks op ! was able to get iphone 8 gold with my 40$ (6g plan migration) with med tab. he told me to call koodo for 35$ activation fee.. they may do something about it. will try my luck tomorow
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 29,99$
Dec 4, 2013
452 posts
177 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
deal_with_singh wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 6:40 pm
Bestbuy Woodbridge couldn’t do any Koodo activations either

Said Koodo bestbuy system is down....
Seems like a lie, try Vaughan Mills Mall Best Buy Mobile.
Apr 20, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP. Was shown that on Boxing Day same deal for the iPhone 8 so no brainer to get it now before it ran out of stock.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1987 posts
912 upvotes
Montreal
duraikmurugan wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:45 pm
It's there under the Trial period section of the agreement. 15 day - no charge return is subjected to usage of 30 voice minutes, 50 messages or 50 mb of data. Over these limits, we will be charged per day depending on the plan. Even though the charge per day is less, it should for what we used and not their tactics.

Not sure, but best buy might state this clause to reject returns as well.
Below is the text from agreement. It seems pretty clear to me that limits only relate to service charges (and if they will be waived). Phone can be refunded (and agreement cancelled) within 15 days if in near new condition with original packaging. Best Buy may try to use the clause to reject a return, but it won't hold up with savvy consumers as wording is clear enough.

Is there a trial period?
If you're not satisfied with your phone or the service, you can
return the phone for a full refund and cancel the service within
15 days of the start of your service. You won't be charged for
the service unless you've used more than 30 voice minutes or
50 text messages or 50 MB of data. Over those limits, we'll
only charge for the number of days before cancellation, based
on your monthly plan, plus any pay-per-use services used. If
you're a person with a disability, this trial period is extended to 30
days and the usage limits before charges apply are doubled. The
phone must be returned in near new condition with the original
packaging.
Last edited by mtl-D on Dec 23rd, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 17, 2012
10 posts
MARKHAM
Hey do i need to activate the prepaid visa online? or is it already activated by the cashier at BB, and ready to use online with the numbers at the back? Sorry for the noob question.