Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Jan 4, 2014
891 posts
292 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
goflamesgo wrote: You can, but why not just pay off your first tab instead. It's much easier that way.
If I payed my tab off tonight, would it be enough time to just go and HUP tomorrow? Would that be allowed so soon? I got this other phone on my account about a month ago for my wife, so it's pretty fresh.
Dec 19, 2006
584 posts
507 upvotes
Vancouver
freebie wrote: If you have a bill credit offer ($150 on med tab, $199 on large) when you sign in to your account, you can try it online but it will ask you to select an in-market (Ontario) plan. You could try in-store but I think the rep would have the same problem when trying to upgrade your line.

Regardless, I'd strongly recommend NOT calling in to Koodo to try it over the phone. I made that mistake during Black Friday and the loyalty agent demanded I switch to an Ontario plan before he would even do anything about upgrading. I declined, said I don't consent to any change to my account, and hung up... but bam two minutes later I got an email that my plan was changed from $49 8GB Quebec plan to a $70 10GB Ontario plan. So don't call in if you're on an out-of-province plan.
Did you make a complaint to the CCTS?
Feb 6, 2015
10 posts
7 upvotes
North York, ON
Signed a $60/6gb plan get a iPhone8 and $150 GC,try to pay off the tab yesterday night but the self serve said I can’t pay the tab within 90 days,so I port out my number to freedom mobile this morning Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 15, 2003
639 posts
167 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Thanks OP!

Was able to find a S9 this morning at the Markville Mall's Best Buy (around 11:00am). Much appreciated!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5296 posts
4291 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Thank you so much for the detailed response! I just bought a Bell SIM. How do I go about porting it? Also does it matter if I bought a regular SIM or prepaid one?
I'm pretty sure there's only one sim regardless pre or post paid. Go to mybell account and I think you register the sim # and Port your number.

I'm going to go to Walmart soon to get one and try it out.
May 29, 2012
55 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
Dumb question, but when it the $0 on a medium tab means I'm paying nothing for the phone, correct?

I went into BestBuy on Cambie in Vancouver, where the sales rep told me that I would be paying $50 for Koodo plan, along with $15 per month for the tab for a total of $65 per month. Could someone explain how this 'tab' works, I was under the impression that $0 for a medium tab meant that I'm paying nothing for the phone. Which would mean that I should only be paying $50 for the plan.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2926 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
BB fyler is out and I didn't see anything related to Koodo - this was just in-store?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4243 posts
1758 upvotes
Toronto
btmc22 wrote: Dumb question, but when it the $0 on a medium tab means I'm paying nothing for the phone, correct?

I went into BestBuy on Cambie in Vancouver, where the sales rep told me that I would be paying $50 for Koodo plan, along with $15 per month for the tab for a total of $65 per month. Could someone explain how this 'tab' works, I was under the impression that $0 for a medium tab meant that I'm paying nothing for the phone. Which would mean that I should only be paying $50 for the plan.
You pay 15 a month until the tab is paid off (360)
They wouldn't let you get a free phone with no contract or commitment just to be nice.
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7303 posts
4779 upvotes
Canada
btmc22 wrote: Dumb question, but when it the $0 on a medium tab means I'm paying nothing for the phone, correct?

$0 means $0 down. You still have to pay for the phone, $15/mo * 24 months = $360
There's no such thing as a free phone on any carrier
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
May 27, 2015
90 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys! I need help over here :(

I signed up for hardware upgrade today through bestbuy and my situation is that I had 150 dollars HUP on my account and HUP was gone after bestbuy rep signed up with regular offer of 0 dollar + 150 GC. After I checked my contract, I notice that tab balance was not deducted (additional 150 dollars) and sales rep from koodo mentioned how HUP will lower the price of upfront cost which is bullshit. I visted Koodo kiosk and I found out the HUP will lower down total price of the phone , not just an upfront cost. I scheduled a callback at tomorrow 7pm and is there any useful information that I can get before I talk to them ?

+ I know I asked this question before but how is buying prepaid visa/mastercard with BB GC possible? Website says BB GC cannot be used on other gift cards

Cheers and Thanks
$39/10GB Koodo
Free Echo Dot + Echo Input
$35.1 G903
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4243 posts
1758 upvotes
Toronto
LocoTico wrote: Hey guys! I need help over here :(

I signed up for hardware upgrade today through bestbuy and my situation is that I had 150 dollars HUP on my account and HUP was gone after bestbuy rep signed up with regular offer of 0 dollar + 150 GC. After I checked my contract, I notice that tab balance was not deducted (additional 150 dollars) and sales rep from koodo mentioned how HUP will lower the price of upfront cost which is bullshit. I visted Koodo kiosk and I found out the HUP will lower down total price of the phone , not just an upfront cost. I scheduled a callback at tomorrow 7pm and is there any useful information that I can get before I talk to them ?

+ I know I asked this question before but how is buying prepaid visa/mastercard with BB GC possible? Website says BB GC cannot be used on other gift cards

Cheers and Thanks
I think that extra 150 gets depleted over time ( from what I read in BF thread) check with koodo though. I don't think the BB employee could do anything about extra credits anyways, that's on Koodo's end
Last edited by randomkidx on Dec 23rd, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
May 27, 2015
90 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
randomkidx wrote: I think that extra 150 gets depleted over time ( from what I read in BF thread) check with koodo though.
it was not bill credit but HUP bonus. So I guess it's not the case here :(
$39/10GB Koodo
Free Echo Dot + Echo Input
$35.1 G903
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2056 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
cursayer wrote: Thank you so much for the detailed response! I just bought a Bell SIM. How do I go about porting it? Also does it matter if I bought a regular SIM or prepaid one?
https://mybell.bell.ca/PrepaidActivationLogin

Also change your number to an alberta number first in the koodo self serve. When it comes time to paying your tab, you'll only be paying 5% tax. You'd be porting the alberta number.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2056 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kl0325 wrote: Just picked it up at Best Buy in the GVA and got the $150 gift card! Thanks OP and I would recommend getting it asap as the manager told me he's keeping some aside for boxing day/week. Also, wanted some insight from the helpful community here but he also said that if I ever do wish to cancel within 3 months, I am able to but there has been issues lately where customers would port out or cancel and not get just charged the tab but the actual balance of the phone? I am calling Koodo tomorow to confirm, but anybody have any insight or maybe pm me your're cancellation fee bill of something recent? lol Thanks a lot!
They say this so they can keep their commission. Read the fine print of your contract. They do not charge you the actual value of the phone with koodo. Also please go back in the thread and read my previous replies. It's better to do a porting cancel then to call in to cancel. Calling in to cancel can also take several hours.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)