Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 4:05 pm
Jan 9, 2014
401 posts
291 upvotes
Regina
Pingalino wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:37 pm
Hi everyone,

So, again, I've read the whole thread. Hi to all the thread enthusiasts out there.

My question is this: I got a callback from Koodo today, and the rep informed me that I would be able to get the s9 on a medium tab "because my plan is over $40" even though I have the 60/10GB BYOD plan. She also informed me that I had $150 in credits that can be applied to a new phone, and that it would be able to be used at Best Buy.

I went to Best Buy, and they were sold out of phones. I took advantage of the lack of line and asked them if I could stack this $150 credit with the GC they were offering, and they answered no, because they "had nothing to do with Koodoo credits". The rep explained that either the $150 GC or the $150 in tab credit were promotions for signing up with the particular vendor, and that they couldn't be added onto each other. This goes against what the Koodoo rep said.

So, for the people who are claiming the were able to stack these credits, how were you able to do this? Did you convince the BB rep to do something, or did you call into Koodoo after to ask for the credit?
I don't think anyone has actually said they've successfully been able to stack it, have they?

I think people have said you *should* be able to, but I don't think anyone has actually had any success...

It's disappointing really, because the second you do do go with best buys offer, the koodo offer gets removed from your account, and the only way to get it back is by returning the phone to best buy... *sigh*
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1731 posts
1218 upvotes
mtl-D wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:19 am
What province are changing from? New account or existing? I'm in QC and created my Koodo account yesterday. BB rep insisted on putting sim into phone and "activating" if that matters.

Here is what I'm seeing.
I was going to switch from Ontario to Alberta but by the time I was told about how to change it I was already porting my number out.
Nov 20, 2018
14 posts
14 upvotes
LocoTico wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 9:52 pm
Hey guys! I need help over here :(

I signed up for hardware upgrade today through bestbuy and my situation is that I had 150 dollars HUP on my account and HUP was gone after bestbuy rep signed up with regular offer of 0 dollar + 150 GC. After I checked my contract, I notice that tab balance was not deducted (additional 150 dollars) and sales rep from koodo mentioned how HUP will lower the price of upfront cost which is bullshit. I visted Koodo kiosk and I found out the HUP will lower down total price of the phone , not just an upfront cost. I scheduled a callback at tomorrow 7pm and is there any useful information that I can get before I talk to them ?

+ I know I asked this question before but how is buying prepaid visa/mastercard with BB GC possible? Website says BB GC cannot be used on other gift cards

Cheers and Thanks
Hey there,

Same happened with me. I called koodo , they said you can't stack up 2 promotion. As we got 0 upfront phone and 150GC you dont get additional 150 towards tab.

Good luck. And let me know what they said please.
Nov 14, 2018
26 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
Got the upgrade without issues and the GC as well. Not related to the deal, but seems like the rep mistyped my email address and sent my updated contract out to God knows who. It’s got my Koodo acct no, SIM card No, serial, IMEI, address and phone No... has this happened to anyone here? Realistically, how worried should I be about this?
May 29, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
If I signed up with Koodo on this deal and got the iPhone 8, can it be unlocked right away? And do I have to open the box/put the sim in to have it unlocked? Thanks!
Nov 10, 2013
242 posts
217 upvotes
RajnikantP32453 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:26 am
Hey there,

Same happened with me. I called koodo , they said you can't stack up 2 promotion. As we got 0 upfront phone and 150GC you dont get additional 150 towards tab.

Good luck. And let me know what they said please.
Your upgrade credits probably only for online order only. Mine was 100 online or 75 instore and I did an upgrade and the tab showed 285.

Get $75 off your new phone when you upgrade with the Tab at a Koodo Shop or an authorized dealer location. Get a bonus $25 off on top of that for a total of $100 off when you upgrade online!
Nov 20, 2018
14 posts
14 upvotes
Rakkaus wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:36 am
Your upgrade credits probably only for online order only. Mine was 100 online or 75 instore and I did an upgrade and the tab showed 285.

Get $75 off your new phone when you upgrade with the Tab at a Koodo Shop or an authorized dealer location. Get a bonus $25 off on top of that for a total of $100 off when you upgrade online!
Mine was same as you. I had 200 online and 150 Instore or authorized dealer. As koodo is selling it for $150 upfront, agent I spoke said I got good deal. But I lost my loyalty offer.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2115 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
Diddagirl wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:34 am
If I signed up with Koodo on this deal and got the iPhone 8, can it be unlocked right away? And do I have to open the box/put the sim in to have it unlocked? Thanks!
all phones since dec 2017 sold are unlocked.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2026 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chhotadon wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:57 pm
Not true lol. There is another way to change it by clicking on the Track Repair option which takes you to another portal.
Oops

You're right. It's under track my repair. I think that's how I did it last year too.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1231 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Everyday the bestbuy rep needs to print a new sheet to see the promotion. So the deal is YMMV.
Simple is the best.
Dec 16, 2017
66 posts
106 upvotes
Pingalino wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:37 pm
Hi everyone,

So, again, I've read the whole thread. Hi to all the thread enthusiasts out there.

My question is this: I got a callback from Koodo today, and the rep informed me that I would be able to get the s9 on a medium tab "because my plan is over $40" even though I have the 60/10GB BYOD plan. She also informed me that I had $150 in credits that can be applied to a new phone, and that it would be able to be used at Best Buy.

I went to Best Buy, and they were sold out of phones. I took advantage of the lack of line and asked them if I could stack this $150 credit with the GC they were offering, and they answered no, because they "had nothing to do with Koodoo credits". The rep explained that either the $150 GC or the $150 in tab credit were promotions for signing up with the particular vendor, and that they couldn't be added onto each other. This goes against what the Koodoo rep said.

So, for the people who are claiming the were able to stack these credits, how were you able to do this? Did you convince the BB rep to do something, or did you call into Koodoo after to ask for the credit?
You can't stack
May 29, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
dnyc wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:40 am
all phones since dec 2017 sold are unlocked.
Clearly I have been living under a rock. Can you tell I haven’t had a new phone in a few years?! Thanks so much!
Aug 1, 2012
14 posts
VICTORIA
kyw3040 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:31 am
Got the upgrade without issues and the GC as well. Not related to the deal, but seems like the rep mistyped my email address and sent my updated contract out to God knows who. It’s got my Koodo acct no, SIM card No, serial, IMEI, address and phone No... has this happened to anyone here? Realistically, how worried should I be about this?
I upgraded yesterday morning and haven't received my new contract either by email. I popped by a different BB mobile store today and asked the rep if these get mailed later. He said 'maybe'...I don't think he really knew.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2115 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
kyw3040 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:31 am
insomniac123 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:07 am
I upgraded yesterday morning and haven't received my new contract either by email. I popped by a different BB mobile store today and asked the rep if these get mailed later. He said 'maybe'...I don't think he really knew.
When i signed up, my BB contract was sent to me instantly.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1294 posts
690 upvotes
Surrey
insomniac123 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:07 am
I got mine emailed right away when I upgraded
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//