Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 4:49 pm
Jul 20, 2008
92 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
ocisnicola wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 8:21 pm
HUP credits only apply to the upfront cost of the phone and not the tab portion. It's different from billing credits, which are usually discounts divided up evenly over your first 6 months.
Pingalino wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:54 pm

Interesting, I was told explicitly by the rep that I could stack this promo. But I went into the store and they said no. I saw a post here saying the BB rep needs to call in to confirm the stack, but I as well would like to see some proof that this is possible. I should hopefully be able to hold the rep to account for telling me this as I am counting on their word even if BB doesn't have the power to credit it in-store.
I had the same experience. I asked to have my HUP. Credit applied to my tab because I picked up a zero phone in store. But they said HUP credits cannot be applied as bill credits. When I escalated to a manager, he gave me the same script that people who are already getting a very very good deal should not keep asking for exceptions and said they have a department that looks at this kind of behaviour and flag accounts for abuse...which is total bs. And it doesn't make sense since I'm trying to upgrade and stay as a customer. I felt he was super jealous of my $40 8 GB plan and my multiple referral credits bc he kept complaining I'm almost paying nothing. Getting these credits are YMMV (only 1 of my friends was able to get it applied) but even harder now bc of the redflag affect.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1851 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto
dgnr8 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:26 pm
Go in to do an upgrade. Provide your phone number. They will say you have to pay your tab, say ok. They will need a credit card to pay the tab.

I bought a phone yesterday and then another today. Both on promo, just had to pay the tab from yesterday today.
I tried to do that, but they said they couldn't access my account. They said i'm not able to pay off my tab. They even called the koodo retail help desk and they said because my account is under 90 days, i'm not able to pay off the tab.

I think if you signed up within 24 hours, you are able to pay off the tab. If you're over that 24 hour period, they lock out your account.
Sep 6, 2006
405 posts
518 upvotes
MilkyWind wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 7:26 pm
The consensus last year was the less human interaction you had, the less likely you'd get flagged and banned in the future from doing this again. There were a couple people who were flagged, because they called in to cancel. And especially since it's busy season, if a rep didn't like your tone of voice, I bet they can do just that and flag you not to be able to get tabs in the future.

Also, because it's Christmas, it can take hours to get through to talk to a rep, whereas the porting is just clicking a few buttons. Some reps will also try to prevent you from cancelling and can give you fake information of penalties if you cancel.

A bell prepaid sim card is only 99 cents on ebay, and they can e-mail you the sim number to port. You don't even need the physical card.

So basically if you port out with another carrier, your account at koodo will automatically be canceled. Your online account with koodo will still be active for several months. The amount you owe will appear in 2-4 weeks in your account (which is basically just the tab balance + the 35 activation fee if you haven't paid it yet + prorated charges)

Example for prorated charges - if you cancel 5 days later after you got the phone, you will be charged 5 days of service. For some reason, some of us were being charged an extra 5-10 days of service on our account after we did the automatic cancellation. I'm pretty sure it was in error. You can call koodo to dispute it, but that's what we're trying to avoid (no human interaction), so we didn't. It came to an extra 10 dollars or something at the end, which is fine. You're already getting the phone for cheap. Think of paying an extra 10 bucks so you can do this again in the future.

So it should come around to 360 tab balance + 35 activation fee + $10-$20. Like I said, it will show up 2-4 weeks in your account as the amount you owe. You then pay it like any other utility bill.

Koodo will also send you a letter of your account balance of how much you owe.

I suggest reading through the entire thread from last year. It's informative. There's more step to step instructions in the 2nd post under thread summary of that thread.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/samsung- ... d-2156923/
Thanks for your super detailed post!
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2026 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
wadnera wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 2:16 am
@ MilkyWind Is there a particular seller to look for to ask this? Don't want to get stuck waiting for mail. :)
I got it from the seller budget_electronics last year, as he was recommended, and I got the code on the same day. I bought from him again yesterday, but he still hasn't e-mailed me back yet.

Another member here recommended cell_shop_canada to me. He said he bought from him this morning at 11:00AM and got it 2 hours later. I placed an order with him too at 4:00PM today, but no e-mail yet. I'm hoping that seller only checks during the day, and he'll send it tomorrow.

It is the holidays right now =(
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
MilkyWind wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 3:24 am
I got it from the seller budget_electronics last year, as he was recommended, and I got the code on the same day. I bought from him again yesterday, but he still hasn't e-mailed me back yet.

Another member here recommended cell_shop_canada to me. He said he bought from him this morning at 11:00AM and got it 2 hours later. I placed an order with him too at 4:00PM today, but no e-mail yet. I'm hoping that seller only checks during the day, and he'll send it tomorrow.

It is the holidays right now =(
I messaged the same seller cell_shop_canada and was told out of business hours so I wouldn't be able to get the # till tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2094 posts
385 upvotes
Calgary
wadnera wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 2:16 am
@ MilkyWind Is there a particular seller to look for to ask this? Don't want to get stuck waiting for mail. :)
i bought from cell_shop_canada and left a message when buying to provide sim # without issue. I got it pretty quick but it was last year so can't remember fully.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1756 posts
206 upvotes
St. Johns
Anyone know if BB accepts trades? Looking to trade/sell my S8 and S8+ and obviously looking to maximize my value.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1969 posts
1559 upvotes
AnujS699 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:20 am
I don't think anyone has actually said they've successfully been able to stack it, have they?

I think people have said you *should* be able to, but I don't think anyone has actually had any success...

It's disappointing really, because the second you do do go with best buys offer, the koodo offer gets removed from your account, and the only way to get it back is by returning the phone to best buy... *sigh*
People have said they were able to do it in prior threads, and one member claimed to have done it in this thread (post #515): best-buy-samsung-galaxy-s9-apple-iphone ... #p30317582

In this thread also, this member seems to have been able to use a HUP credit on $0 device med tab (post 889): best-buy-samsung-galaxy-s9-apple-iphone ... #p30320638

but not sure if he got a GC too or not.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1969 posts
1559 upvotes
RajnikantP32453 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:39 am
Mine was same as you. I had 200 online and 150 Instore or authorized dealer. As koodo is selling it for $150 upfront, agent I spoke said I got good deal. But I lost my loyalty offer.
Why did you choose GC over credit?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1969 posts
1559 upvotes
Rakkaus wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:36 am
Your upgrade credits probably only for online order only. Mine was 100 online or 75 instore and I did an upgrade and the tab showed 285.

Get $75 off your new phone when you upgrade with the Tab at a Koodo Shop or an authorized dealer location. Get a bonus $25 off on top of that for a total of $100 off when you upgrade online!
So it appears you were able to apply your $75 HUP credit to a $0 device med tab phone, which members and reps have been saying is not possible, with or without a GC. Did BB have to call a Koodo CSR to complete the process? Did you get a GC too?
Last edited by bombdiggity on Dec 24th, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1969 posts
1559 upvotes
darkimperium wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 2:29 am
I had the same experience. I asked to have my HUP. Credit applied to my tab because I picked up a zero phone in store. But they said HUP credits cannot be applied as bill credits. When I escalated to a manager, he gave me the same script that people who are already getting a very very good deal should not keep asking for exceptions and said they have a department that looks at this kind of behaviour and flag accounts for abuse...which is total bs. And it doesn't make sense since I'm trying to upgrade and stay as a customer. I felt he was super jealous of my $40 8 GB plan and my multiple referral credits bc he kept complaining I'm almost paying nothing. Getting these credits are YMMV (only 1 of my friends was able to get it applied) but even harder now bc of the redflag affect.
HUP credits and bill credits are two different things, and HUP credits obviously can apply to the tab amount as well. ocisnicola is incorrect. Which location was this?
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
323 upvotes
Made in Canada
ndy4eva wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:49 pm
Did you receive CPO iPhone8 or was it on order only? I received my CPO unit and wanted to see if I can take this deal. If so, how?
Thanks,
Return it to a Koodo kiosk. That's what they told me to do.
Jan 15, 2011
136 posts
176 upvotes
Montreal
Just to confirm is the deal ongoing or will it only return boxing day?
Jul 27, 2014
219 posts
72 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Going to BB in Pointe Claire (Montreal) for 8am, will post here to clear the air as soon as I know.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1969 posts
1559 upvotes
fearex wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 7:36 am
Going to BB in Pointe Claire (Montreal) for 8am, will post here to clear the air as soon as I know.
Be the hero RFD needs.