Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Nov 25, 2014
503 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can someone confirm if Wow or Walmart are now doing the same deal? Specifically interested in getting the iPhone 8.
Koodo Mobile ⬆ Virgin Plus ⬆ Public Mobile ⬆ Windscribe ⬆ Ebates / Rakuten ⬆ Ritual ⬆ SkipTheDishes ⬆ Uber / UberEats ⬆ Tangerine ⬆ Chef's Plate ⬆ Rover
May 14, 2018
951 posts
231 upvotes
Ontario
If I cancel connection (in 2/3days) early with full tab paid then it will hurt my credit score? Or I need to stay for 3 months?
Dec 4, 2013
515 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga
dontelother wrote: If I cancel connection (in 2/3days) early with full tab paid then it will hurt my credit score? Or I need to stay for 3 months?
They do a hard credit check when you sign up with Koodo (will cost 5-10 points), thereafter, nothing else will have an impact on your credit source regardless of when you cancel.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
hotprime wrote: I referenced Freedom to prove your argument was flawed. Same idea here, taking deal to take advantage vs pure greed and resale for few bucks. It's perfectly legit to cancel but neither one was designed flip and profit.
Don't believe me, call Koodo and ask if it's OK to buy 8 phones and cancel, or ask freedom of the codes you have you can sell. Share the findings here.
The friends and family code thing was meant for friends and families not meant for reselling. Ok we both agree on that. The koodo deal is meant for signing up and using it on a koodo line. Not so you can cancel it and use it on freedom for example. Try calling Koodo and ask if it's OK to buy 1 phones and cancel so you can use the phone elsewhere. Share your findings here.

*edit point is what's the point in criticizing others for taking advantage of a loophole, when you yourself took advantage of the same loophole.
Last edited by MastaOogway on Dec 26th, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
Every thread already gets derailed with posts asking the same questions about how to cancel/get a phone. Now the debate about the morality of it has even drawn in more people than the original parties. Can you guys make a morality thread in the Cell Phones forum if you want to spend paragraphs discussing/arguing this please.

We already have a ton of people too lazy to read prior posts or use the search function. All this does is bury posts about the actual deal even more.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1866 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed, wow mobile has the iPhone 8 Samsung S9 deal Koodo $0 down tab medium $150 Mastercard gift card new activations and upgrades.

Wow mobile Pickering low stock S9 and a bunch of iPhone 8’s Black.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2072 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
Waynegd wrote: Mobile Shop give $150.
On upgrades as well? That's what the BB deal is so great for existing Koodo customers.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
I’m shocked that a Koodo rep lied to me by saying that they will have really good deals on Boxing Day. She must have really wanted me to get off the phone ASAP
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
randomkidx wrote: I’m shocked that a Koodo rep lied to me by saying that they will have really good deals on Boxing Day. She must have really wanted me to get off the phone ASAP
Koodo reps are generally pulling this info out from nowhere. Said the same thing during blackfriday. It's best to just take the offer when available.
Oct 20, 2007
143 posts
128 upvotes
Edmonton
MastaOogway wrote: The friends and family code thing was meant for friends and families not meant for reselling. Ok we both agree on that. The koodo deal is meant for signing up and using it on a koodo line. Not so you can cancel it and use it on freedom for example. Try calling Koodo and ask if it's OK to buy 1 phones and cancel so you can use the phone elsewhere. Share your findings here.

*edit point is what's the point in criticizing others for taking advantage of a loophole, when you yourself took advantage of the same loophole.
That's what I did. Called Koodo and said that I use freedom and wanted to take advantage of the promo and keep the phone but cancel the Koodo line. They were fine with it.
Dec 23, 2018
10 posts
Hey, Is WOW mobile offering trade in as well for these offers? i have an one plus 3 and iphone 5 to trade in
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
hotprime wrote: That's what I did. Called Koodo and said that I use freedom and wanted to take advantage of the promo and keep the phone but cancel the Koodo line. They were fine with it.
That's because you signed up the line already. If you signed up 4 accounts and said you only wanted the phone and not to be with koodo. They would have been fine with it too but they would probably flag the account. All I am saying is what is the point of criticizing others that took advantage of a loophole when you yourself took advantage of the same loophole. why is this so hard to get.
Dec 23, 2018
37 posts
24 upvotes
GVA
One more question here, for new activation, does koodo refund the activation fee if the line is kept for more than three months?
They did it in the past and I got the refund after 2 months, but I am not sure if they are still doing it.
Last edited by vanwcw on Dec 26th, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile, ChatR customer
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1085 posts
633 upvotes
Hoosier Daddy wrote: Can I do an upgrade and keep my out of province plan?
Nope. I just left BB after trying myself, my plan would have gone up at least $20 and the system wouldn’t let the rep keep my current plan.
Last edited by Rawket on Dec 26th, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2013
515 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga
MastaOogway wrote: That's because you signed up the line already. If you signed up 4 accounts and said you only wanted the phone and not to be with koodo. They would have been fine with it too but they would probably flag the account. All I am saying is what is the point of criticizing others that took advantage of a loophole when you yourself took advantage of the same loophole. why is this so hard to get.
Because taking advantage of the loophole to get 1 phone and taking advantage of the loophole to get 4 phones are different. They're both doing something immoral, but one is worse. What's so hard to get about that? A murderer that killed 1 person could criticize a murderer that killed 4 people. The details matter. If you disagree with that, I don't think we could reach a common ground on this.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
Goodday2018 wrote: Hey, Is WOW mobile offering trade in as well for these offers? i have an one plus 3 and iphone 5 to trade in
Wow mobile trade ins will only net you 50 trade in credits and its 1 trade in per line. In the case of the s9/iphone 8 because its 0 outright. You would only be able to redeem the 50 dollars in accessories like cases and cables etc.

*edit zero outright but the tab is 360 with koodo, which the 50 dollar trade in credits cannot go towards.
Last edited by MastaOogway on Dec 26th, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
onetonnoodle wrote: is this on their main website bestbuy.ca? I don't see this graphic for some reason
yes, if you go to Bestbuy.ca and then click on cell phones in the center of the Boxing day deals, then click on phones and plans...
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/c ... 96304.aspx?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
MastaOogway wrote: Wow mobile trade ins will only net you 50 trade in credits and its 1 trade in per line. In the case of the s9/iphone 8 because its 0 outright. You would only be able to redeem the 50 dollars in accessories like cases and cables etc.
I wonder if wow would allow these on upgrades as opposed to new activations