Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 4:05 pm
Dec 8, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
Varian wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 6:53 am
Which part do you need confirmation with?
The part about not receiving a credit hit by cancelling after 90 days?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2084 posts
96 upvotes
Is this deal in any of their flyers?
I know its not in the boxing day one.
Jan 5, 2007
159 posts
28 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 1:21 am
Have you called BB to see if you can swap them?
Same situation with me. Went to Best Buy and they had to cancel the whole thing and then opening another line just to swap out the phone. It wasn’t a simple swap...
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2026 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
normaxon wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 6:57 am
Why would you receive a credit hit? You're paying off the tab. There isn't anything in the contract saying you can't cancel. You actually can cancel. You just need to pay off the tab.
Nov 10, 2013
941 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto, ON
normaxon wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 6:57 am
No, that part is wrong. It seems whoever replied to you in this bread about that didn’t read it correctly.
The credit hit is done in the beginning when Koodo looks you up in the system to see your credit worthiness. From there, it doesn’t matter if you broke your phone, used it for 2 years or cancelled the next day. The hit is there. On the other hand, are you buying a house tomorrow thy you’re worried about your credit score?
Dec 22, 2006
748 posts
13 upvotes
I picked up the iPhone 8 yesterday for my wife. Is it OK I pop in her Bell sim so she can use it instead of the koodo sim since I'm just going to call in to cancel?
Feb 19, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
Whats koodos best plan for a new activation, currently with zoomer 40/4gb. Need a new phone so debating if should just get the phone this way or might even keep the koodo plan
Dec 8, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
Varian wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 7:48 am
No, that part is wrong. It seems whoever replied to you in this bread about that didn’t read it correctly.
The credit hit is done in the beginning when Koodo looks you up in the system to see your credit worthiness. From there, it doesn’t matter if you broke your phone, used it for 2 years or cancelled the next day. The hit is there. On the other hand, are you buying a house tomorrow thy you’re worried about your credit score?
I'll be applying for student loans in June next year for school. How long does it take for the credit score to normalize again?
Dec 8, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
MilkyWind wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 7:47 am
Why would you receive a credit hit? You're paying off the tab. There isn't anything in the contract saying you can't cancel. You actually can cancel. You just need to pay off the tab.
Apparently I already have received a credit hit when I purchased the plan/phone according to @Varian.
May 8, 2013
123 posts
110 upvotes
Cambridge
It's like 12 points per hit dependant on your Equifax or otherwise. Who cares. If 12 points gonna make or break you , bigger problems are your concern.
Dec 4, 2013
452 posts
177 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
normaxon wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 8:21 am
I'll be applying for student loans in June next year for school. How long does it take for the credit score to normalize again?
Everyone who opens an account with Koodo has a hard credit check done on them that'll cost them about 5-10 points. This will stay on their credit file for around 3 years. However, when you apply for loans, credit cards, lines of credit, mortgage, etc. This hard credit check is often overlooked by the lender because they could see that it's simply a service provider doing the check, and you weren't getting the hard check done to get any type of loan. You should be fine as long as you didn't abuse the Koodo thing multiple times within the past 3 years.
Dec 8, 2006
579 posts
141 upvotes
gucci17 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 8:15 am
I picked up the iPhone 8 yesterday for my wife. Is it OK I pop in her Bell sim so she can use it instead of the koodo sim since I'm just going to call in to cancel?
Yep, the phone is unlocked.
Oct 20, 2007
343 posts
88 upvotes
Ontario
In addition to the attractive Boxing Day and Black Friday offers, is there any other time of the year when deals of a similar nature (large sums of gifts cards, points, etc.) are offered? My question is based on the fact that my current plan ends in April so I'm not sure if I should move now or wait until then? My current S7 works fine so I don't have an urgent need.

Any insight from the experts would be appreciated. Thank you and happy holidays.
Did you find my post helpful? If so, please click the THANKS button in the lower left corner.
Dec 4, 2013
452 posts
177 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
mpsrent wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 8:40 am
In addition to the attractive Boxing Day and Black Friday offers, is there any other time of the year when deals of a similar nature (large sums of gifts cards, points, etc.) are offered? My question is based on the fact that my current plan ends in April so I'm not sure if I should move now or wait until then? My current S7 works fine so I don't have an urgent need.

Any insight from the experts would be appreciated. Thank you and happy holidays.
March/April is the next best time to get a deal of a similar nature. However, they won't be as good as this (would probably be $100-$200 more expensive). I'd personally jump on this.
Nov 17, 2014
217 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mpsrent wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 8:40 am

This year there have been quite a a few offers... 3 months ago there was even a better deals with Walmart giving around 325$ with gift card per line...
So this won't be the last
Koodo