Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9294 posts
3936 upvotes
6ix
BabylonDown wrote: Anyone know what's going on? I finally had a chance to put my new Koodo sim card in my V20 and while service works I have no data. When I put my SIM in my brothers IP8 he has service and Data. Is there something internal in the phone that needs to change? I can't seem to figure it out.
Try reset network settings?
https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-mob ... tphone-625
Koodo $40 8GB
Dec 17, 2006
103 posts
22 upvotes
Brampton
BabylonDown wrote: Anyone know what's going on? I finally had a chance to put my new Koodo sim card in my V20 and while service works I have no data. When I put my SIM in my brothers IP8 he has service and Data. Is there something internal in the phone that needs to change? I can't seem to figure it out.
Check the apn settings, make sure they are correct. Sometimes a simple reboot gets it configured properly
Feb 28, 2008
916 posts
361 upvotes
Canada
Gtaphotog wrote: Here is more info… ↓
Your "more info" is irrelevant. I quoted and asked about your statement that an active sim can only be ported in once. I know for a fact that active Koodo's and PM's sims can be ported in more than once.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3722 posts
696 upvotes
Mississauga
Check your APN setting on V20.
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/settin ... oodo-phone
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4433 posts
3365 upvotes
tntdeal wrote: Your "more info" is irrelevant. I quoted and asked about your statement that an active sim can only be ported in once. I know for a fact that active Koodo's and PM's sims can be ported in more than once.
Ok bigshot you clearly knew the answer so why are you wasting people's time with asking it just so you can put down whomever answers you.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11048 posts
10091 upvotes
DonM28020 wrote: So we got new phones with the black Friday deal (ip8 and s9). Koodo let me pay off my tab online. So we got 2 S9's on December 24. I looked today and koodo will let me pay off my tab again. Do I go for another set???? I read earlier that someone did this a few times and then got denied at the store while trying to get an upgrade and now they are being investigated. What to do...... we have the kood $35 5g deal and don't want to mess it up.
Don't be greedy.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $10 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Feb 28, 2008
916 posts
361 upvotes
Canada
Gtaphotog wrote: Ok bigshot you clearly knew the answer so why are you wasting people's time with asking it just so you can put down whomever answers you.
So smallshot, you didn't know what you were talking about, why did you make false statements in public and expected not being questioned about it? STFU unless you know something is true.
Dec 3, 2018
18 posts
13 upvotes
Newbie here,

So the $150 BB GC is basically the same as getting a direct $150 bill credit from Koodo, being that most users here would convert the BB GC to a prepaid Visa and put it towards the tab, right?

If you could have this deal or pay $100 more and get a S8+ which would you opt for?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4433 posts
3365 upvotes
tntdeal wrote: So small shot didn't know what you were talking about, why did you make false statements in public and expected not being questioned about it? STFU unless you know something is true.
I was offering my opinion from what I know.
I never once claimed this is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4433 posts
3365 upvotes
stingyshopper wrote: Newbie here,

So the $150 BB GC is basically the same as getting a direct $150 bill credit from Koodo, being that most users here would convert the BB GC to a prepaid Visa and put it towards the tab, right?

If you could have this deal or pay $100 more and get a S8+ which would you opt for?
Why would anyone pay $100 more and get an even older phone?
Apr 6, 2017
926 posts
607 upvotes
Westmount, QC
To summarize. You get an iPhone 8 or Samsung s9 + 150$ gift card for
360$+35$+tx on 395$+ 1 day of service
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2425 posts
667 upvotes
Calgary
husamus156 wrote: To summarize. You get an iPhone 8 or Samsung s9 + 150$ gift card for
360$+35$+tx on 395$+ 1 day of service
yes
Feb 28, 2008
916 posts
361 upvotes
Canada
Gtaphotog wrote: I was offering my opinion from what I know.
I never once claimed this is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Your opinion is wrong. If it hurts being pointed out wrong then it'll help doing some fact checks beforehand.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4433 posts
3365 upvotes
tntdeal wrote: Your opinion is wrong. If it hurts being pointed out wrong then it'll help doing some fact checks beforehand.
You'll definitely have great stories from this year's Christmas, spending it on RFD making sure everyone know you are right and putting others down. Clapping Hands Sign

You should do a little fact checking on what opinions mean too before going ham on something so minut.

#YourOpinionIsWrong Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 28, 2008
916 posts
361 upvotes
Canada
Gtaphotog wrote: You'll definitely have great stories from this year's Christmas, spending it on RFD making sure everyone know you are right and putting others down. Clapping Hands Sign

You should do a little fact checking on what opinions mean too before going ham on something so minut.

#YourOpinionIsWrong Face With Tears Of Joy
You've got better Christmas yourself spouting nonsense and getting buthurt on the internet...

FYI: you're entitled to your own opinion, but you're totally wrong to think your opinion is never wrong.
Last edited by tntdeal on Dec 25th, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.