Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64 GB $279.98 / 128 GB $329.99 (or less with trade-in or coupons) back in stock

Dec 12, 2003
823 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
Vtfit604 wrote: Really appreciate this. Could you see if you can install Samsung Notes on your tablet? I don't know how ROMs work but I know Samsung Notes can only be installed on Samsung devices. I wonder if a ROM would cause an issue there. Thanks!
Samsung Notes is a fantastic app but unfortunately it won't work on a non-Samsung OS or device.
Samsung limits use of most of their apps to Samsung devices with the stock OS. However, there are apps that do work across all OSes and devices such as the Samsung Internet browser.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1129 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
byron4fun wrote: I purchased on the Samsung site yesterday and it was delivered today (downtown Toronto).
I ordered yesterday on Samsung site and it's still on "Preparing dispatch". I am also in downtown Toronto.

EDIT: Just got my shipping notice and should arrive tomorrow.
Last edited by CheapMang on Jan 13th, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 3, 2019
109 posts
26 upvotes
thenetstud wrote: Anyone still looking for this tablet. Costco has it with the official Samsung Book Cover for $327.97. The book cover is selling for $50 online everywhere so you essential get the tablet for the price everywhere else has it.
Do you know the item code? Probably best to call and check stock before going.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2804 posts
554 upvotes
Gorgin wrote: Not worth a penny over $200 mark when you can go for the Lenovo.
Which lenovo ?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20932 posts
5492 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
xblackrainbow wrote: Any idea how long samsung site will take to ship?
They ship by Fedex from Halton Hills, and it says a signature is required.
I also ordered today and it's forecast to arrive tomorrow by 5PM.
Gorgin wrote: Not worth a penny over $200 mark when you can go for the Lenovo.
westnylefx wrote: Which lenovo ?
I think he's referring to the Chromebook 10e for $129, a product advertised for 'Kindergarten thru Grade 2'.
Product Link

This Chromebook reportedly only plays Netflix at 480p, meaning it probably does not have Widevine L1.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Jan 13th, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Banned
Nov 18, 2021
35 posts
25 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: They ship by Fedex from Halton Hills, and it says a signature is required.
I also ordered today and it's forecast to arrive tomorrow by 5PM.

I think he's referring to the Chromebook 10e for $129, a product advertised for 'Kindergarten thru Grade 2'.
Product Link

This Chromebook reportedly only plays Netflix at 480p, meaning it probably does not have Widevine L1.
Yup, that's the one. And this Samsung machine is slated as the go-to tool for post-doc researchers.
Jul 27, 2017
383 posts
511 upvotes
.EE. wrote: I wanted to follow up with a post for anyone having questions regarding replacing the stock OS with LineageOS. The steps are:

- Unlock bootloader
- Install LineageOS Recovery
- Install LineageOS 18.1 ROM (there is already an unofficial 19.0 with Android 12 in development)
- Enable root with Magisk
- Remove unlocked bootloader warning (requires root) that would come up every time device is boot up (this step is not necessary though). You can disable root after this if you don't need it.

And yes the pen/stylus works. I'm not a pen user so I don't know everything but it seems to be working when I used it. The pen button is also working - you can use as an eraser (depends on app).
I get why some folks might want to do this, but I also want to point out a lot of the value in Samsung devices are in the form of software. OneUI (Samsung's own version of Android) is packed with features (multitasking and DeX, for example), and many improvements over stock or stock-like Android in my opinion.

The other often overlooked fact of using custom ROMs is that you could lose the ability to stream Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ etc in FHD / 4K on some devices. This is because of the DRM security level is lowered when you unlock the bootloader to install custom ROMs, and effectively you ended up being stuck on 720p at best whichever ROM you use.
Nov 9, 2021
520 posts
1107 upvotes
nochill wrote: I get why some folks might want to do this, but I also want to point out a lot of the value in Samsung devices are in the form of software. OneUI (Samsung's own version of Android) is packed with features (multitasking and DeX, for example), and many improvements over stock or stock-like Android in my opinion.

The other often overlooked fact of using custom ROMs is that you could lose the ability to stream Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ etc in FHD / 4K on some devices. This is because of the DRM security level is lowered when you unlock the bootloader to install custom ROMs, and effectively you ended up being stuck on 720p at best whichever ROM you use.
All valid points indeed, however for those of us going the lineageOS route, we don’t care for Samsung features and just want a fast bloat free but not iPad Pro level priced tablet.

This is a successor for Nexus 7 for me, and I am fine using the “boring” non-Samsung OS. 480p streaming sucks, but will make do for the odd show I watch that may not be in my NAS library.

I would gladly keep the Samsung ROM if they took out half the crap just to create “Samsung experience”. Or buy a Lenovo tablet instead if they were decent with longevity.
Last edited by darknebulae on Jan 13th, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 9, 2005
172 posts
172 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
ShivaA70367 wrote: Do you know the item code? Probably best to call and check stock before going.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18927 posts
5503 upvotes
Scarberia
This tab plays Netflix at 1080p?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 28, 2002
649 posts
48 upvotes
winmazing wrote: Managed to get a $24 trade-in credit for a 10+ year old tablet, which I was about to recycle
Shipped out my $19 (tab 3 - 8gb ) trade in tonight, super easy process.
Jan 20, 2019
147 posts
79 upvotes
Thanks OP. I ordered using the perkopolis discount through Samsung and bought the cover. $313 subtotal, and used my neo card (with $100 credit lol goddammit RFD). Needed something for school for pdfs and readings so I'm excited if this arrives soon

Edit: forgot to mention that student beans also has the same discount as perkopolis via the samsung epp website. But for some reason my address didn't work via student beans so I used perkopolis
Last edited by mfac10 on Jan 14th, 2022 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7207 posts
3383 upvotes
Canuckland
zdpz wrote: Bought this, but contemplating iPad 10.2inch for $399 with educational discount. For $134 more you get a faster iPad, better screen, more ram, much better tablet experience.

Fyi I hate apple, I despise the company, but their tablets seem to have a better rep than android ones across the board.

The S6 Lite on Amazon has multiple recent reviews where the unit died after a few months.

Double minded
Where at? They’re all $600
Feb 4, 2019
14 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
Ben Doone wrote: Shipped out my $19 (tab 3 - 8gb ) trade in tonight, super easy process.
Are you getting instant credit or they gonna send you cheque for the trade in?
Mar 28, 2002
649 posts
48 upvotes
WakyH88329 wrote: Are you getting instant credit or they gonna send you cheque for the trade in?
The trade-in email didn't give specifics. I'm good with either cheque or credit.

" Your Trade-in Credit estimate is dependent on our evaluation of the condition of your device upon receipt, and is valid until 2022-02-03. We must receive your trade-in device by this date (make sure you account for at least 5 business days for shipping).

You can click here to see the status of your trade-in.

Thank you,
Trade-in team"
Jun 22, 2021
12 posts
8 upvotes
no pen nib included and Samsung doesn’t sell the nibs is a deal breaker

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)