Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64 GB $279.98 / 128 GB $329.99 (or less with trade-in or coupons) back in stock

Jan 5, 2017
303 posts
202 upvotes
montreal
nochill wrote: I don't have this tablet with LOS so I can't confirm, but basically what you want to know is if the tablet is "downgraded" to WildVine L3 as a result of install custom ROM.

And I think I was incorrect in one aspect - WildVine L3 gets you only 480p on Netflix, not 720p.

If you want FHD/4K, the device needs to be on WildVine L1 which is certified as part of the stock OS. Changing to custom ROM affects that.
yep ok understood. Thank you!
Jan 20, 2019
140 posts
64 upvotes
for those who have ordered through Perkopolis/Samsung, how are you tracking the status of your order? I can't find anything and my Samsung account doesn't show that i placed an order (though i did confirm it with a chat agent).

I did consider an iPad (regular $429) but with the price of a pencil + learning the iOS environment (in a completely android house), I consider this this tablet a winner.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3599 posts
4704 upvotes
Oakville
zdpz wrote: Bought this, but contemplating iPad 10.2inch for $399 with educational discount. For $134 more you get a faster iPad, better screen, more ram, much better tablet experience.

Fyi I hate apple, I despise the company, but their tablets seem to have a better rep than android ones across the board.

The S6 Lite on Amazon has multiple recent reviews where the unit died after a few months.

Double minded
DealCanuck wrote: Where at? They’re all $600
Kevcorm wrote: I don’t understand how people think iPads cost hundreds more than they actually do? I see this often.
I am the one who suggested getting an iPad in the first place (see quote above). I have MacBook pro 2012 and 2021, all iPhones up till iPhone 7 plus. I think if you can afford it for media consumption, for photography and video making apple is supreme. For tablets Apple is easily the king.

This current tablet is an exceptional buy based on the price point. There are several aspects you avoid from the locked down apple ecosystem, and they go back to the famous apple vs android discussion which would be a long off tangent discussion.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1912 posts
1652 upvotes
zdpz wrote: I am the one who suggested getting an iPad in the first place (see quote above). I have MacBook pro 2012 and 2021, all iPhones up till iPhone 7 plus. I think if you can afford it for media consumption, for photography and video making apple is supreme. For tablets Apple is easily the king.

This current tablet is an exceptional buy based on the price point. There are several aspects you avoid from the locked down apple ecosystem, and they go back to the famous apple vs android discussion which would be a long off tangent discussion.
Sure lets do that, someone brought it up for comparison. Its hard to pretend the iPad doesn't exist in any thread about a tablet.
Oct 24, 2005
615 posts
233 upvotes
Ben Doone wrote: The trade-in email didn't give specifics. I'm good with either cheque or credit.

" Your Trade-in Credit estimate is dependent on our evaluation of the condition of your device upon receipt, and is valid until 2022-02-03. We must receive your trade-in device by this date (make sure you account for at least 5 business days for shipping).

You can click here to see the status of your trade-in.

Thank you,
Trade-in team"
I got $29 for my 2012 iPad4. But in the email received, "Click here to download your shipping instructions", the link opens the "Samsung Trade-In Status" page, no shipping instructions available.
Tried the other link "You can click here to see the status of your trade-in" and it also opens the status page.
So how do we get the shipping instructions?

Also I tried to trade-in my Fire HD 10(7TH GEN) but the serial number is not accepted, this was bought in 2019, while the iPad was in 2012. Not sure how they decide which device can be traded in.

Thanks.
Jun 3, 2017
117 posts
40 upvotes
cn008 wrote:

Also I tried to trade-in my Fire HD 10(7TH GEN) but the serial number is not accepted, this was bought in 2019, while the iPad was in 2012. Not sure how they decide which device can be traded in.

Thanks.
After they refuse to accept the sn, you can input/select the model manually. I tried, and the trade-in value was zero. Face With Tears Of Joy Worth a shot, Eh?
Last edited by rentonrenton on Jan 14th, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 27, 2017
383 posts
511 upvotes
I think about it this way - definitely consider an iPad if you need a tablet (it'd be silly not to since they are juggernauts in the tablet world), but if an iPad doesn't work for you for whatever reason, consider Samsung Tabs.

Samsung has been single-handedly pushing the envelope on Android tablets and devices like the fold. Along with Apple they are quite literally the only ones making meaningful investments into the mobile tablet front. Everyone else (including Google themselves) can't even light a candle in the kind of things Apple and Samsung have done for tablets.

At the end of the day, if you want a tablet to enjoy media, do simple daily tasks, you can't really go wrong with either iPad or Galaxy Tab.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20880 posts
5455 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
zdpz wrote: I am the one who suggested getting an iPad in the first place (see quote above). I have MacBook pro 2012 and 2021, all iPhones up till iPhone 7 plus. I think if you can afford it for media consumption, for photography and video making apple is supreme. For tablets Apple is easily the king.

Let's be fair in the value proposition... The Samsung S7 Lite for $279 comes with the S Pen, whereas the Apple Pencil costs another $115 on top of an iPad 64GB at ($399).

Since you seem to be invested in the Apple ecosystem already, considering the iPad make sense IMO.
Though I suspect the Samsung will have a much longer usable lifespan, since Samsung offers minimum 4 years of security updates on this model, and then the LineageOS community also supports it.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Jan 14th, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Mar 26, 2013
242 posts
178 upvotes
Twin Peaks
128gb owner here from Microsoft sale previously, solid unit, but you will need a heat gun to replace the battery which is annoying.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7158 posts
3333 upvotes
Canuckland

I’m looking for value here, I think on the long run iPad May be better but much higher cost
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7158 posts
3333 upvotes
Canuckland
Kevcorm wrote: I don’t understand how people think iPads cost hundreds more than they actually do? I see this often.
Current edition does cost a lot more, comparing to the air
Jul 27, 2017
383 posts
511 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Go for a crappier tablet? Huh?
Life is too short for crappy tablets. Especially Android ones. They are truly excruciating.
mintchoco wrote: I wish Google still made their own tablets.
Citizens don't let other citizens buy Google, particularly hardware. They are the worst when it comes to execution, follow-through and support. The last "good" tablet they've made is the Nexus line like 7/8 years ago, and it was really only "good" for the price (and they didn't even make it, Asus did). Not to mention they completely missed the boat on things like smart watches and foldables.

Look no further than the Pixel 6 / 6 Pro for examples of their recent blunders, pushing for a "premium" phone no less.

It's pretty fascinating to see a big company coming up so short.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1912 posts
1652 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Current edition does cost a lot more, comparing to the air
9th gen ipad is $400.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Jan 14th, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1912 posts
1652 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Let's be fair in the value proposition... The Samsung S7 Lite for $279 comes with the S Pen, whereas the Apple Pencil costs another $115 on top of an iPad 64GB at ($399).

Since you seem to be invested in the Apple ecosystem already, considering the iPad make sense IMO.
Though I suspect the Samsung will have a much longer usable lifespan, since Samsung offers minimum 4 years of security updates on this model, and then the LineageOS community also supports it.
I guess if you need the pencil that's an argument, I cant see Samsung supporting this for the 6 years that ipads usually get though. Im not talking security updates either, full day 1 os updates. LineageOS might be good enough for many though.
Jan 23, 2008
88 posts
15 upvotes
BC
Does anyone have the Perkopolis link? or could someone PM me a Perkopolis code please?
Dec 12, 2018
230 posts
296 upvotes
Update for Perkopolis EPP purchase.

Bought the tablet and case at 1 PM yesterday. It arrived this morning before 9 AM via Fedex, signature required.

Toronto
Jan 20, 2019
140 posts
64 upvotes
atyy0132 wrote: Update for Perkopolis EPP purchase.

Bought the tablet and case at 1 PM yesterday. It arrived this morning before 9 AM via Fedex, signature required.

Toronto
damn that's impressive. i was hemming and hawing over it all afternoon yesterday and ended up placing an order at midnight. i hope i get mine on Monday

Did you get a shipping tracker/notification when they sent it with Fedex?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)