Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64 GB $279.98 / 128 GB $329.99 (or less with trade-in or coupons) back in stock

Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3616 posts
4762 upvotes
Oakville
Hi guys, I am trying to return this tablet that I bought from amazon. It is saying the item is non returnable. I am on amazon chat, and they are saying they can not take it due to safety and security reasons. Should have bought this from bestbuy.

Anyone else facing this with amazon, how do I get around this?
-ZdpZ... ;)
Feb 24, 2013
41 posts
111 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Hi guys, I am trying to return this tablet that I bought from amazon. It is saying the item is non returnable. I am on amazon chat, and they are saying they can not take it due to safety and security reasons. Should have bought this from bestbuy.

That's weird. Usually Amazon is pretty easy with returns.
Oct 28, 2006
905 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
zdpz wrote: Hi guys, I am trying to return this tablet that I bought from amazon. It is saying the item is non returnable. I am on amazon chat, and they are saying they can not take it due to safety and security reasons. Should have bought this from bestbuy.

Lot of things on Amazon are non returnable. Usually says it in the listing. Was the seller Amazon? Ie sold and shipped by Amazon?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10764 posts
4122 upvotes

More details. When did you buy it and is it sealed in the box?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18926 posts
5502 upvotes
Scarberia
dredd2099 wrote: Mirror to tv works
How u do this? Via app or settings? Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18926 posts
5502 upvotes
Scarberia
umadbrah wrote: Samsung excluded wireless DeX and HDMI output on the Tab S6 Lite so you would buy the Tab S7 :p

It's a pretty sweet feature tho

EDIT:
Did some digging and it appears the Tab S6 Lite's USB port is only 2.0 and that is why it can't output video. Needs to be 3.0 / 3.1
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/b8cd534b
Maybe when android 12 ui4.0 update hits.. S6 lite gets dex wireless unlocked? Hoping
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6985 posts
3488 upvotes
Debtario
umadbrah wrote: Samsung excluded wireless DeX and HDMI output on the Tab S6 Lite so you would buy the Tab S7 :p

It's a pretty sweet feature tho

EDIT:
Did some digging and it appears the Tab S6 Lite's USB port is only 2.0 and that is why it can't output video. Needs to be 3.0 / 3.1
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/b8cd534b
Dex is awesome, really under-marketed feature for what it is; turns the device into a laptop/chromebook/mini PC of sorts. I discovered it by accident when I connected my S8 to my Thinkpad USB-C dock (40AS series) and can use my monitor, mouse, and keyboard on the samsung DEX desktop. Some caveats like it will only allow me to go 1080p on my 1440p monitor and there's rare glitches when it comes to the monitor sleeping or using certain settings, but overall really neat feature and could see it being very useful in say, hooking up a phone/tablet to a TV to watch movies or browse etc.

Sad to see it unavailable in a modern tablet, USB 3.0 should be standard as well.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3616 posts
4762 upvotes
Oakville
KyoPeel wrote: That's weird. Usually Amazon is pretty easy with returns.
Yes, I buy almost everything on Amazon, I spend atleast $2300/month.
I have a prime membership.
The unit is ships and sold from amazon.
The reps on the chat said it's because it has a lithium ion battery they can't provide a return label. The phone support said the same thing.
shinku wrote: Lot of things on Amazon are non returnable. Usually says it in the listing. Was the seller Amazon? Ie sold and shipped by Amazon?
blexann wrote: More details. When did you buy it and is it sealed in the box?
It's sealed on the box yes, never been opened.
But they never even asked about that.
I tried chosing every option to return including "shipping box and product received damaged" and none of them generate the automated return label. The only option is chat or phone Amazon.

Anyone else who bought on Amazon, see if it lets you initiate a return. You can always cancel the return, but it may be worth your interest to see if you even have the option.

Please report back.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10764 posts
4122 upvotes
^something doesn't add up, according to the amazon return policy it is returnable within 30 days.

I added it to my cart and didn't see any return restrictions.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14440 posts
4413 upvotes
VANCOUVER
zdpz wrote: Yes, I buy almost everything on Amazon, I spend atleast $2300/month.
The reps on the chat said it's because it has a lithium ion battery they can't provide a return label. The phone support said the same thing.

I tried chosing every option to return including "shipping box and product received damaged" and none of them generate the automated return label. The only option is chat or phone Amazon.

Anyone else who bought on Amazon, see if it lets you initiate a return. You can always cancel the return, but it may be worth your interest to see if you even have the option.

Please report back.
That seems odd. When I read reviews of electronic products on amazon, lots of people have said they returned them for one reason or another.
Jan 7, 2007
175 posts
6 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Yes, I buy almost everything on Amazon, I spend atleast $2300/month.

Please report back.
Amazon return policy states that anything with "hazardous materials" cannot be returned.

Found out the hard way a few weeks ago when trying to return an unopened power drill :(.

Per their policy:
"Hazardous materials, including flammable liquids or gases are not returnable to Amazon.
Contact the manufacturer directly for service, warranty, return, and refund information."

For this reason, I stopped ordering items with batteries from Amazon.
Last edited by ohno on Jan 19th, 2022 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOWBALLERS WILL BE IGNORED. DON'T BOTHER

GTA ONLY.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18926 posts
5502 upvotes
Scarberia
rzdh56 wrote: How does this compare to the iPad mini?
its bigger! dpends what gen ipad mini... latest one will be faster im sure, with older ipad minis , i'd prolly take the s6 lite ...i've always wanted that mini ipad gen 5 with LTE cuz it has the eSim as well!
Jan 21, 2014
11 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I just tried to return the item on Amazon. It allowed me to return the tablet without issues. When printing the return label it prints a 3rd page. One goes in the box with the tablet. The other two go outside the box. The extra one is a warning label saying this product contains lithium ion battery. But it does allow me to return it without having to chat with anyone.
Jan 7, 2007
175 posts
6 upvotes
africanstar wrote: I just tried to return the item on Amazon. It allowed me to return the tablet without issues. When printing the return label it prints a 3rd page. One goes in the box with the tablet. The other two go outside the box. The extra one is a warning label saying this product contains lithium ion battery. But it does allow me to return it without having to chat with anyone.
What option did you pick, for future reference?
LOWBALLERS WILL BE IGNORED. DON'T BOTHER

GTA ONLY.
Feb 24, 2013
41 posts
111 upvotes

Please report back.
I tried initiating a return and got the "item not returnable" message as well. Tried calling and chatting and both people effectively told me to go kick rocks.

I've been a Prime member as long as I can remember and I've never experienced this before.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23401 posts
29105 upvotes
Many tablets have a no-return policy on Amazon and other sites.

Tablets are a high return item, because they're still seen as mix of function and fashion, so people will buy and return them on a whim in high numbers.
Jun 12, 2018
617 posts
760 upvotes
Ontario
I guess buy now think later doesn't apply to tablets from Amazon
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3488 posts
1534 upvotes
Brampton
mikka2017 wrote: How u do this? Via app or settings? Tia
It's built in. Swipe down for settings then 'smart view'
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2173 posts
1985 upvotes
Winnipeg
The problem is the people who abuse the return policies at all these retailers.

People use to "rent" electronics for a month and return them. Now these retailers have to try selling open box items, or ship off to wholesale resellers. Obviously they lose a huge margin, or a net loss.

The bestbuys, and Amazon's etc are clamping down more every year. I always hear how people abuse the costco return policy....
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"