Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64 GB $279.98 / 128 GB $329.99 (or less with trade-in or coupons) back in stock

Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10690 posts
4057 upvotes
Just received. FedEx is quick......

What's the recommended case?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Nov 9, 2021
491 posts
916 upvotes
KyoPeel wrote: I tried initiating a return and got the "item not returnable" message as well. Tried calling and chatting and both people effectively told me to go kick rocks.

I've been a Prime member as long as I can remember and I've never experienced this before.
People are getting a big shock recently but Amazon support has been going down hill for a while. Yes there are scammers and bad guys but Amazon has been lacklustre in resolving non-order related issues as well, both on my personal and business accounts.

With the rumoured prime increase in the coming years I will probably end up cancelling my prime membership and not bother. Thank you Amazon for providing worse customer service than Walmart Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Jan 7, 2007
175 posts
6 upvotes
blexann wrote: Just received. FedEx is quick......

What's the recommended case?
I'm not trying to break the bank on a case. I checked Ali Express and Amazon. Landed on this for around 10 bucks (Grey colour):

GWYLH Vegan Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Slim Tri-Fold Case Magnetic Soft TPU Back Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite SM-P610 P615, Pencil Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Cowboy ash https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088FBL4HC/ref ... Y776BDDTF9

I'll receive it tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

Even on sale at 50 dollars, I find the Samsung Magnetic case way too expensive.
LOWBALLERS WILL BE IGNORED. DON'T BOTHER

GTA ONLY.
May 25, 2017
8 posts
3 upvotes
Alright, I tried to trade my old Ipad 2.... offers me 5$ lol
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3599 posts
4704 upvotes
Oakville
ohno wrote: Amazon return policy states that anything with "hazardous materials" cannot be returned.

Found out the hard way a few weeks ago when trying to return an unopened power drill :(.

Per their policy:
"Hazardous materials, including flammable liquids or gases are not returnable to Amazon.
Contact the manufacturer directly for service, warranty, return, and refund information."

For this reason, I stopped ordering items with batteries from Amazon.
Yes, this is exactly what I was quoted as well.

This account I'm using is a new account too, only 14month old prime account and I've spent $25,000 on it last year.

africanstar wrote: I just tried to return the item on Amazon. It allowed me to return the tablet without issues. When printing the return label it prints a 3rd page. One goes in the box with the tablet. The other two go outside the box. The extra one is a warning label saying this product contains lithium ion battery. But it does allow me to return it without having to chat with anyone.
That is so very interesting, I'm left in awe.
Yours is shipped and sold by Amazon?
You are a prime member?
Trying to figure out what makes your case different.

KyoPeel wrote: I tried initiating a return and got the "item not returnable" message as well. Tried calling and chatting and both people effectively told me to go kick rocks.

I've been a Prime member as long as I can remember and I've never experienced this before.

Exactly same here. I am able to return other Items no problem, but not this tablet. I got an email back from my escalation this morning and they said to speak to Samsung and email back the correspondence if Samsung doesn't replace my tablet. I have returned tons of things with batteries just last year, and the product page doesn't say anywhere that no returns are allowed.
stevo88 wrote: I guess buy now think later doesn't apply to tablets from Amazon
darknebulae wrote: People are getting a big shock recently but Amazon support has been going down hill for a while. Yes there are scammers and bad guys but Amazon has been lacklustre in resolving non-order related issues as well, both on my personal and business accounts.

With the rumoured prime increase in the coming years I will probably end up cancelling my prime membership and not bother. Thank you Amazon for providing worse customer service than Walmart Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Yes, I have two prime membership accounts. One for work and one for home. And the service has gone down quite a bit.

Every customer service I speak to is from India (and I truly have nothing to say against Indian people because they are intelligent and warm people), however my criticism is with the Indian customer service reps at Amazon whom do not have very good English reading and writing comprehension. I showed them the S6 Lite webpage doesn't indicate anywherr they item is not returnable. They replied back "it says you can not return item missing UPC code". I explained that my item is not missing UPC code, it's brand new in original packaging. They then said it has a battery and on the help page it says they won't take back things with batteries. I then said I didn't see this mentioned on the product page, and why would go to the help pages everytime I order an item, they then said "it clearly written no return for missing UPC code". I then escalated to a supervisor who said the same thing. They were all not able to comprehend what UPC code means. They also cut the chat repeatedly. I wasn't able to save it or escalate to anyone. The supervisor said he was the highest authority on the matter. I didn't want to go all Karen so I just called phone support, got a nice black/Hispanic lady from Atlanta Georgia, and she said on her that it's very strange it didn't list the nonreturnable warning on the first page, and then escalated to a different team. Took 4 minutes. Very clear English as well as comprehension. Done.

Off topic: Outsourcing this Telco stuff has been a disaster for north America. It birthed the ability for those call centers in India to be opened and do the CRA scams. They learned how to use the technology, they got practice on how to speak with Canadians, and the rest is a multimillion dollar industry now.

Back on topic: Don't Buy first Think Later with Amazon for items with batteries!!!
-ZdpZ... ;)
Nov 9, 2021
491 posts
916 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Yes, this is exactly what I was quoted as well.

This account I'm using is a new account too, only 14month old prime account and I've spent $25,000 on it last year.

You are a prime member?

Exactly same here. I am able to return other Items no problem, but not this tablet. I got an email back from my escalation this morning and they said to speak to Samsung and email back the correspondence if Samsung doesn't replace my tablet. I have returned tons of things with batteries just last year, and the product page doesn't say anywhere that no returns are allowed.

Yes, I have two prime membership accounts. One for work and one for home. And the service has gone down quite a bit.

Every customer service I speak to is from India (and I truly have nothing to say against Indian people because they are intelligent and warm people), however my criticism is with the Indian customer service reps at Amazon whom do not have very good English reading and writing comprehension. I showed them the S6 Lite webpage doesn't indicate anywherr they item is not returnable. They replied back "it says you can not return item missing UPC code". I explained that my item is not missing UPC code, it's brand new in original packaging. They then said it has a battery and on the help page it says they won't take back things with batteries. I then said I didn't see this mentioned on the product page, and why would go to the help pages everytime I order an item, they then said "it clearly written no return for missing UPC code". I then escalated to a supervisor who said the same thing. They were all not able to comprehend what UPC code means. They also cut the chat repeatedly. I wasn't able to save it or escalate to anyone. The supervisor said he was the highest authority on the matter. I didn't want to go all Karen so I just called phone support, got a nice black/Hispanic lady from Atlanta Georgia, and she said on her that it's very strange it didn't list the nonreturnable warning on the first page, and then escalated to a different team. Took 4 minutes. Very clear English as well as comprehension. Done.

Off topic: Outsourcing this Telco stuff has been a disaster for north America. It birthed the ability for those call centers in India to be opened and do the CRA scams. They learned how to use the technology, they got practice on how to speak with Canadians, and the rest is a multimillion dollar industry now.

Back on topic: Don't Buy first Think Later with Amazon for items with batteries!!!
I have spoken with perfect English speaking reps from the US (you get them commonly if using business account) and they have sounded like robots with their hands tightly held behind their backs.
Jul 15, 2007
111 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
ohno wrote: I'm not trying to break the bank on a case. I checked Ali Express and Amazon. Landed on this for around 10 bucks (Grey colour):

GWYLH Vegan Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Slim Tri-Fold Case Magnetic Soft TPU Back Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite SM-P610 P615, Pencil Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Cowboy ash https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088FBL4HC/ref ... Y776BDDTF9

I'll receive it tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

Even on sale at 50 dollars, I find the Samsung Magnetic case way too expensive.
This is what i ordered too. Snug tight and feels very durable. I like it a lot.
Jan 7, 2007
175 posts
6 upvotes
nomshing wrote: This is what i ordered too. Snug tight and feels very durable. I like it a lot.

Awesome! I'm glad I picked this up Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes.
LOWBALLERS WILL BE IGNORED. DON'T BOTHER

GTA ONLY.
Dec 19, 2013
136 posts
41 upvotes
darknebulae wrote: I have spoken with perfect English speaking reps from the US (you get them commonly if using business account) and they have sounded like robots with their hands tightly held behind their backs.
just spoke with a rep due to a newly placed order and was reassured that I will be able to return the tablet if I change my mind so I guess time will tell
Oct 24, 2005
615 posts
233 upvotes
I got mine and the white travel adapter does not provide fast charging, the output is 5V/1.55A.
I tried with my S9 adapter and it shows fast charing, the output is 5V/2A or 9V/1.67A.

Anyone got an adapter with fast charging?

Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18612 posts
5437 upvotes
Scarberia
nomshing wrote: This is what i ordered too. Snug tight and feels very durable. I like it a lot.
12bux with tax! With pen slot too.. The one I got last week was ugly and 18bux
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3485 posts
1529 upvotes
Brampton
ohno wrote: .

Awesome! I'm glad I picked this up Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes.
Just to let you know. It IS durable. After a year of use by my 6 yr old, no tears, rips or weird shape change on any part of it. I actually thought it would break down after maybe 6 months but so far it's held up. Good choice.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1334 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
Sold out again. I keep missing this deal. :(

[Edit] I should've clarified that i was only looking at BestBuy because I have GC there. I see it on Samsung's site.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2873 posts
1566 upvotes
Surrey
zdpz wrote: Yes, this is exactly what I was quoted as well.

You are a prime member?

Recently had same issue, I ordered something but it was delayed so I got it from store. I tried cancelling they said, it is being shipped and can't be cancelled.
Told me return or refuse delivery. Delivery guy left on door without ringing. I tried returning unopened same packaging and amazon rep told me that is it not returnable, I even told them that I tried cancelling. No go. Supervisor said same thing. But on amazon item page no where it says item is not returnable.
Jan 21, 2014
11 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
ohno wrote: What option did you pick, for future reference?
I chose arrived too late and then better price elsewhere. Both gave option to print the return label. The only difference was better price had a cost to return via Canada Post. Arrive too late was free to return.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3599 posts
4704 upvotes
Oakville
africanstar wrote: I chose arrived too late and then better price elsewhere. Both gave option to print the return label. The only difference was better price had a cost to return via Canada Post. Arrive too late was free to return.
Arrived too late option simply leads to a page that says Item Not Returnable. It doesn't even give an option to take to rep.

I have several people message me and they also can't return this to amazon. You are very lucky.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18612 posts
5437 upvotes
Scarberia
jalaram wrote: Sold out again. I keep missing this deal. :(

[Edit] I should've clarified that i was only looking at BestBuy because I have GC there. I see it on Samsung's site.
did u buy the open box 128gb version on bestbuy? thats 270$ as well but u get twice the storage! nm: thats OOS too
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
5964 posts
3325 upvotes
perhaps amazon is being more strict with returns now, most likely from getting abused

i guess returning electronics to amazon is risky now, so you better think twice before ordering from them

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)