Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64 GB $279.98 / 128 GB $329.99 (or less with trade-in or coupons) back in stock

Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18930 posts
5503 upvotes
Scarberia
just got that cheapAF 10$ grey case from amazon! just waiting for it to get warm since its coldAF today in scarberia!
PXL_20220120_212549401.jpg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18930 posts
5503 upvotes
Scarberia
redflagdealsguy wrote: This thread reminds me how much I want the next Samsung Fold.

Also, if anyone can suggest a better keyboard app for the Samsung S21, I'm all ears. My hands are just too big (among other appendages).
SwiftKey is my goto keyboard! Most keyboards allow u adjust size and put in numbers top row
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23411 posts
29150 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: SwiftKey is my goto keyboard! Most keyboards allow u adjust size and put in numbers top row
Thank you, that's an old favorite.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
3732 posts
7794 upvotes
ohno wrote: I'm not trying to break the bank on a case. I checked Ali Express and Amazon. Landed on this for around 10 bucks (Grey colour):

GWYLH Vegan Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Slim Tri-Fold Case Magnetic Soft TPU Back Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite SM-P610 P615, Pencil Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Cowboy ash https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088FBL4HC/ref ... Y776BDDTF9

I'll receive it tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

Even on sale at 50 dollars, I find the Samsung Magnetic case way too expensive.
Here is an almost identical case compared to the official Samsung case for $19.99 US via Amazon.com. With shipping, all in, it runs $38.04 CAD to ship it to Canada, however (unless you have US Prime in addition to or as a replacement to the Canadian version). Still, being near identical, saving another $25 after tax compared to the official case is pretty decent.

$19.99 US - ZtotopCase for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 Inch 2020, Strong Magnetic Ultra Slim Smart Case, Stand Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Function for Galaxy S6 Lite Tablet SM-P610/P615, Black
https://www.amazon.com/ZtotopCase-Samsu ... B0897CMGMD
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1892 posts
2660 upvotes
Set my tablet up last night. Loving it so far. Great screen, better than expected speakers. Loving the S pen. Bought Infinite Painter for some drawing.

Can anyone suggest some must have tablet apps?
Jan 16, 2018
41 posts
18 upvotes
I sold my 1year-old tab A7 today and ordered this s6 lite. I think it's a good upgrade of extra ram, capacity, and stylus pen.
May 30, 2020
66 posts
129 upvotes
Whats the perkopolis deal? I dont see that in OP.
Apr 1, 2004
566 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver
User381785 wrote: I can't speak on the Samsung one but I'm anxious about the case. There's no physical spot to put in the tablet, it's purely magnetic. I'll have to keep it away from my kids
I picked up the ZtotopCase from Amazon for $25 ($30- $5coupon).

No worry about the tablet slipping out and overall a great case for the price imho.
Jul 30, 2014
61 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
loaldom wrote: Whats the perkopolis deal? I dont see that in OP.
It's a corporate discount. $265.99 as opposed to $279.99. You get Perkopolis access through your company.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2088 posts
2191 upvotes
islandboy_007 wrote: I picked up the ZtotopCase from Amazon for $25 ($30- $5coupon).

No worry about the tablet slipping out and overall a great case for the price imho.
Same case but for $19:
LINK

nearly purchased this one, but ended up buying the gray $10 one instead (same as the mikka2017)
Apr 5, 2018
23 posts
29 upvotes
hackoder wrote: Quick update to my initial review where I was on the fence about keeping it; after installing LineageOS, I've moved firmly to the "keep" side.

The lags are definitely gone. UI is snappy. I'm not sure why stock was lagging; it seems like Samsung does some sort of touch smoothing that makes things like scrolling feel laggy. Maybe background processes are taking a portion of CPU/RAM and making things janky. In any case, performance is very decent on LOS. Screen is acceptable for the price range. IMO the only major flaw is the missing fingerprint sensor. Other than that, definitely a good buy for the price.
Does the S Pen work well on lineageOS? palm rejection?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1971 posts
1702 upvotes
ChairmanOwl wrote: Does the S Pen work well on lineageOS? palm rejection?
Try stock first IMO, some folks really like lineageOS but most people are better with stock.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18930 posts
5503 upvotes
Scarberia
Geekbench5 scores not good! 263 single
1055 multi... This why it lags.. Slow cpu
Nov 11, 2015
216 posts
97 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tellmehow wrote: It's a corporate discount. $265.99 as opposed to $279.99. You get Perkopolis access through your company.
I didn't realize that I could use perkopolis, but i'll certainly check that more often now that i have it.
Apr 1, 2004
566 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver
wildzero wrote: Same case but for $19:
LINK

nearly purchased this one, but ended up buying the gray $10 one instead (same as the mikka2017)
Good find!

The biggest diff i noticed is the pen slot. Mine is on the inside (hinge) of the cover, but i can still have the pen magnetically on the outside. Which i liked originally, but its easy to knock the pen off when you grab the tablet. I like the design of the case you linked better, especially for the price.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1676 posts
790 upvotes
Mississauga
ChairmanOwl wrote: Does the S Pen work well on lineageOS? palm rejection?
I tried annotating PDFs using Xodo, and it seemed to work well enough.
Dec 27, 2008
175 posts
96 upvotes
Tablet so far is not bad, especially for the price. Biggest annoyance is all the garbage Samsung preloads on this, but even with that I don't find it too laggy especially for basic tasks.

I tried installing Lineage but couldn't get it working, wouldn't flash properly. Will try again this weekend.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1797 posts
786 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bgalm wrote: Tablet so far is not bad, especially for the price. Biggest annoyance is all the garbage Samsung preloads on this, but even with that I don't find it too laggy especially for basic tasks.

I tried installing Lineage but couldn't get it working, wouldn't flash properly. Will try again this weekend.

Thanks OP.
I bought this for my wife's study. I can tell it's not smooth but not laggy. I am also thinking to flash Lineage but I wonder it has bugs and my wife will complain why I don't keep the official.
Compare with my iPad Pro 2020 and S7+, of course, it has performance difference but after-tax 300 why not?
Apr 5, 2018
23 posts
29 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: Try stock first IMO, some folks really like lineageOS but most people are better with stock.
I did try stock and it's great. I just wanted to see if S Pen works properly on LineageOS for future installation.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1971 posts
1702 upvotes
bgalm wrote: Tablet so far is not bad, especially for the price. Biggest annoyance is all the garbage Samsung preloads on this, but even with that I don't find it too laggy especially for basic tasks.

Thanks OP.
Be careful messing around with bootloaders. Especially for Samsung.