Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64 GB $279.98 / 128 GB $329.99 (or less with trade-in or coupons) back in stock

Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1892 posts
2660 upvotes
bgalm wrote: Tablet so far is not bad, especially for the price. Biggest annoyance is all the garbage Samsung preloads on this, but even with that I don't find it too laggy especially for basic tasks.

I tried installing Lineage but couldn't get it working, wouldn't flash properly. Will try again this weekend.

Thanks OP.
You can uninstall most of the preloaded stuff. I deleted a lot from mine.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3198 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
anyone find this tablet is a gateway back to samsung. was android samsung for ages, then went to apple for last 2 or 3 years since i had good phone offers at the time. but now my time is up and will be looking for upgrades again soon and this tablet has me exploring all the samsung options again. flip3 and s21 looking more tasty than iphone 13 atm.

might have to switch back again. left samsung for apple around the s10 era.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 27, 2008
175 posts
96 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: Be careful messing around with bootloaders. Especially for Samsung.
Done it many times, so I feel comfortable with it.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 27, 2008
175 posts
96 upvotes
User381785 wrote: You can uninstall most of the preloaded stuff. I deleted a lot from mine.
I just like the fresh clean slate.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1797 posts
786 upvotes
Richmond Hill
User381785 wrote: You can uninstall most of the preloaded stuff. I deleted a lot from mine.
Really? What kind?
Newbie
Dec 22, 2010
33 posts
11 upvotes
Did anyone else have a monthly payment option pop up on the S6 Lite on Amazon.ca? ($56 for 5 months)

I usually have only seen this pop up for Amazon branded devices like the Fire tablets, Kindle, Echo etc. but there it was on this Samsung tablet. Interesting & tempting to hop on it just for the hell of it!

Been wanting just a basic second screen to browse/mess around on while watching movies/TV on the big screen. Being able to doodle with the S-Pen is an added bonus.
Sr. Member
Nov 9, 2021
520 posts
1108 upvotes
gunit2004 wrote: Did anyone else have a monthly payment option pop up on the S6 Lite on Amazon.ca? ($56 for 5 months)

I usually have only seen this pop up for Amazon branded devices like the Fire tablets, Kindle, Echo etc. but there it was on this Samsung tablet. Interesting & tempting to hop on it just for the hell of it!

Been wanting just a basic second screen to browse/mess around on while watching movies/TV on the big screen. Being able to doodle with the S-Pen is an added bonus.
The monthly payment option isn’t just limited to Amazon devices. I have seen it pop up on multiple monitor listings for example. Even some over priced GPUs from third parties.

But the algorithm that decides which product to show it on and for who is a mystery.
Jr. Member
Dec 19, 2013
138 posts
42 upvotes
decided to place an order on Amazon and it's shipped. I have to option to return the tablet in my order options
Newbie
Dec 22, 2010
33 posts
11 upvotes
gunit2004 wrote: Did anyone else have a monthly payment option pop up on the S6 Lite on Amazon.ca? ($56 for 5 months)

I usually have only seen this pop up for Amazon branded devices like the Fire tablets, Kindle, Echo etc. but there it was on this Samsung tablet. Interesting & tempting to hop on it just for the hell of it!

Been wanting just a basic second screen to browse/mess around on while watching movies/TV on the big screen. Being able to doodle with the S-Pen is an added bonus.
Ended up pulling the trigger on the S6 Lite last night from Amazon and got it today with Same-Day Prime. So far the tablet has been great. Only thing off right now is using the keyboard on a tablet this size will take some adjusting to, lol. Great screen, great speakers, even stock Samsung is not as bad as it used to be... I don't feel the instant need to use Nova Launcher anymore. It is plenty speedy for my usage and I don't ever intend to do something as intensive as gaming on this, that's what gaming PC's are for Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2006
2045 posts
1904 upvotes
Has anyone install the latest OS/system updates?
What's new?
Android 11?

Thanks.
Life is like a cloud.
You don't know where time will take it
Or How long it will last
Or When you are going to be get dumped on.
- Rory The Sheep @ THE BARN
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23409 posts
29147 upvotes
ShylocK wrote: anyone find this tablet is a gateway back to samsung. was android samsung for ages, then went to apple for last 2 or 3 years since i had good phone offers at the time. but now my time is up and will be looking for upgrades again soon and this tablet has me exploring all the samsung options again. flip3 and s21 looking more tasty than iphone 13 atm.

might have to switch back again. left samsung for apple around the s10 era.
If you like Samaung tablets, consider the premium Fold 4 coming in early 2022.

Arm and a leg, but it should be a showstopper in terms of phone tablet hybrids.
.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
18928 posts
5503 upvotes
Scarberia
gunit2004 wrote: Ended up pulling the trigger on the S6 Lite last night from Amazon and got it today with Same-Day Prime. So far the tablet has been great. Only thing off right now is using the keyboard on a tablet this size will take some adjusting to, lol. Great screen, great speakers, even stock Samsung is not as bad as it used to be... I don't feel the instant need to use Nova Launcher anymore. It is plenty speedy for my usage and I don't ever intend to do something as intensive as gaming on this, that's what gaming PC's are for Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
diasable animations in developers mode and it'll seem snappier! i still use nova as i don't like to use UI guestures and quick panels stuff, i disable all that
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 11, 2010
806 posts
170 upvotes
Are you guys still seeing it in stock on Amazon? It's been OOS there for me for the past week.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3616 posts
4762 upvotes
Oakville
nigelr95 wrote: decided to place an order on Amazon and it's shipped. I have to option to return the tablet in my order options
gunit2004 wrote: Ended up pulling the trigger on the S6 Lite last night from Amazon and got it today with Same-Day Prime. So far the tablet has been great. Only thing off right now is using the keyboard on a tablet this size will take some adjusting to, lol. Great screen, great speakers, even stock Samsung is not as bad as it used to be... I don't feel the instant need to use Nova Launcher anymore. It is plenty speedy for my usage and I don't ever intend to do something as intensive as gaming on this, that's what gaming PC's are for Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Are you sure you guys are able to go through the entire return menu and generate a prepaid waybill? From amazon order several of us are unable to return the tablet to amazon.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Newbie
Dec 22, 2010
33 posts
11 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: diasable animations in developers mode and it'll seem snappier! i still use nova as i don't like to use UI guestures and quick panels stuff, i disable all that
I don't mind using it as-is! I've been away from tablets a long, long time. The last time I had gotten one for myself was back when the original Nexus devices came out from Google (I believe it was the Nexus 10). Had used it for a week but then ended up returning it because I just wasn't using it much at all.

But nowadays I have been watching a lot of media (movies, TV shows, anime, IPTV) on my PC hooked up to a 55" TV in the bedroom and that's only really at it's most enjoyable when it's fullscreen, so I would always have to pause whatever I'm watching, minimize and then do other stuff when I wanted to do a little multi-tasking. I then got an itch to get myself a "2nd screen" of sorts which got me back to the idea of getting a tablet again as this time I felt I would actually put it to use. It's nice being able to search up stuff, browse around the web and in some cases watch different things at the same time when need be.

Only the first day with this tablet and so far it's been splendid... honestly getting way more use out of it then I originally thought I would. It also fits into my current setup so seemlessly. For example, to increase the ability of using the tablet as a "2nd screen experience" of sorts, I ended up pairing it via Bluetooth to my PC and with the newer Windows 10 versions (starting with v2004 which I just happened to be on already) they started supporting A2DP Sink feature. Downloaded a nifty little Windows app called 'Bluetooth Audio Receiver' and I am able to effortlessly pipe in the audio from the tablet directly to my PC and mix in the audio with whatever might already be playing on the PC. Awesome stuff and great feature honestly, lol... didn't even know it was possible till I searched it up. It also sounds perfectly good to me, even latency wise. I was expecting poor quality audio and perhaps audio that was delayed enough that it would not lip sync correctly if I were watching video on the tablet and piping the music through wirelessly to my PC but the result was EXCELLENT.

Recently had picked up a Logitech MX Keys Mini to use with my secondary PC and that bad boy supports using up to 3 devices and switching in between them seemlessly. Added the S6 Lite to slot #2 and now I can pick up the MX keys and with the press of a key have a nice keyboard experience as well (I am currently typing this with this setup as we speak as I watch some good old 'The Wire').

S-Pen is fun to use and although I am not really an artist it's nice to use not only for browsing on the tablet and give my fingers a rest (nice to have the option to switch back and forth) but I also want to start messing around with those art & design apps.

And overall yeah, just having a great time with it so far. Was kind of worried with all the Amazon return talk here and was 2nd guessing this somewhat of a impulse buy but I am plenty happy right now.

Loving how many nifty little apps have popped up on Android lately as well (not that I ever left the Android camp or anything, I haven't touched anything else since the iPhone 4 days, lol). For example, on my gaming PC I have Wallpaper Engine for super nice animated wallpapers and lo and behold Android now has a Wallpaper Engine companion app that makes it super easy to import those same wallpapers over from the PC and have them on my home & lock screens as well fully animated. Super cool stuff.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
3900 posts
2820 upvotes
EDMONTON
imoo2u wrote: Has anyone install the latest OS/system updates?
What's new?
Android 11?

Thanks.
The tab s6 lite should be getting Android 12 around late April or Early May. I just got the upgrade on my Tab S7 last week. There aren't any major changes from android 11 though. Some notable ones:

- new recording security features
- "material you" theme and color extraction
- Pop-up Windows have some better controls
- mouse cursor corner shortcuts

I really wish you could default an app to open in a Pop-up window though.
teksavvy sucks
Member
Mar 9, 2015
249 posts
148 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If I choose to use the trade in with Samsung, do I have to send the device to them before they ship the tablet?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 10, 2005
10764 posts
4123 upvotes
lekidyyc wrote: If I choose to use the trade in with Samsung, do I have to send the device to them before they ship the tablet?
No. It's 2 separate transactions.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Jr. Member
Dec 19, 2013
138 posts
42 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Are you sure you guys are able to go through the entire return menu and generate a prepaid waybill? From amazon order several of us are unable to return the tablet to amazon.
I'll update when I get the tablet to confirm!
Jr. Member
Feb 11, 2017
175 posts
56 upvotes
Thanks, Op. I ordered one through the perkopolis.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)