Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64 GB $279.98 / 128 GB $329.99 (or less with trade-in or coupons) back in stock

Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1480 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
User381785 wrote: I can't speak on the Samsung one but I'm anxious about the case. There's no physical spot to put in the tablet, it's purely magnetic. I'll have to keep it away from my kids
Samsung one is also magnetic and works great like that. It clicks in place and lines up with the cutout for the camera magically. For the price I wish I had of for yours instead. Will if I need a replacement.
Dec 8, 2013
173 posts
265 upvotes
Newmarket
I'm getting some light bleed on one side of the screen. Anyone else?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20885 posts
5463 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Has anyone been able to turn off the 'shutter sound' in the S6 Lite's default Samsung camera app?
I know about being able to mute the overall tablet, and I know about Open Camera.
But I can't find an option to silence that particular app. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1880 posts
2635 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Samsung one is also magnetic and works great like that. It clicks in place and lines up with the cutout for the camera magically. For the price I wish I had of for yours instead. Will if I need a replacement.
It works great but it doesn't align to the camera hole as there's nothing physical there. I don't use the camera and probably never will so it's not an issue, but it's inconvenient
Jul 1, 2018
31 posts
13 upvotes
blexann wrote: No. It's 2 separate transactions.
True, but there is an Expiration Date on the Fedex shipping label for sending your device. Mine is 20 days from the day I placed the order from Samsung.

As per Fedex tracking, my device arrived Jan 14th, but galaxyupgrade.ca still does not show they have received my device. I got annoyed and called Samsung customer service, the lady I was talking to checked the status and told me that she saw my trade-in device has been delivered and assured me it is in progress. She did not know why the online status was not updated though.

Let's wait and see whether this is going to be a smooth process or not.
Dec 19, 2013
136 posts
41 upvotes
zdpz wrote: Are you sure you guys are able to go through the entire return menu and generate a prepaid waybill? From amazon order several of us are unable to return the tablet to amazon.
For anyone else wondering, I am able to return the tablet on Amazon. Let's me choose free return on Canada Post and UPS. Hope that helps!
Feb 4, 2019
14 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
margerg wrote: True, but there is an Expiration Date on the Fedex shipping label for sending your device. Mine is 20 days from the day I placed the order from Samsung.

As per Fedex tracking, my device arrived Jan 14th, but galaxyupgrade.ca still does not show they have received my device. I got annoyed and called Samsung customer service, the lady I was talking to checked the status and told me that she saw my trade-in device has been delivered and assured me it is in progress. She did not know why the online status was not updated though.

Let's wait and see whether this is going to be a smooth process or not.
Did customer service mention how you gonna receive the credit? Cheque or reimburse on your credit card?
Feb 28, 2021
206 posts
361 upvotes
FYI I got a p11 plus from Lenovo recently for the same price. It has a vastly better processor/gpu, more or equal storage, a higher RAM option, better quad speakers (instead of Dual) , etc etc. very high build quality

They go on sale quite a bit, and even the base price is entirely reasonable nearly the same. Just a thought
Jul 1, 2018
31 posts
13 upvotes
WakyH88329 wrote: Did customer service mention how you gonna receive the credit? Cheque or reimburse on your credit card?
She said it is going to be a cheque. I mentioned to her the Fedex shipping label (system generated by Samsung) shows the store as the return address (cause I picked the new S6 in store). It is not my mailing address.

She said don't worry, they will send the cheque to the right address.

So far, there are a few things I don't like about this process. but hopefully it will work out
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1480 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
Mephod wrote: FYI I got a p11 plus from Lenovo recently for the same price. It has a vastly better processor/gpu, more or equal storage, a higher RAM option, better quad speakers (instead of Dual) , etc etc. very high build quality

They go on sale quite a bit, and even the base price is entirely reasonable nearly the same. Just a thought

Wasn't the winner here.

No GPS on the Lenovo could make a bit difference for many but is an option as an alternative.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18642 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
Mephod wrote: FYI I got a p11 plus from Lenovo recently for the same price. It has a vastly better processor/gpu, more or equal storage, a higher RAM option, better quad speakers (instead of Dual) , etc etc. very high build quality

link to product? does it run android 12 can it do multiscreen apps in dual active mode/same time simultanious? tia
nm, its $269 ...64gb with 4gb ram , no gps, no s pen, but better cpu and speakers and its bigger 11in screen and heavier

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets/an ... le.ca%252F
Last edited by mikka2017 on Jan 24th, 2022 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28611 upvotes

I'll look into it. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1779 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Based on my research P11 Plus the basic model is 4GB, the same as S6 Lite.
P11 Plus doesn't come with a pen.
Personally, I might stick with S6 Lite because Samsung software/firmware would be better than Lenovo and it has an option to flash to LineageOS
Feb 28, 2021
206 posts
361 upvotes
jacky190424 wrote: Based on my research P11 Plus the basic model is 4GB, the same as S6 Lite.
P11 Plus doesn't come with a pen.
Personally, I might stick with S6 Lite because Samsung software/firmware would be better than Lenovo and it has an option to flash to LineageOS
It’s not. The p11 plus has a WAY better cpu gpu. Better speakers etc.

You only get a pen as an advantage with the galaxy

Here is a link. It’s on sale. Better tablet no comparison for same price:

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets/an ... MD00000476

There is an option with pen and case but not on sale right now

Fyi Lenovo runs more stock (better), and they have very long support too
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1779 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mephod wrote: It’s not. The p11 plus has a WAY better cpu gpu. Better speakers etc.

You only get a pen as an advantage with the galaxy

Here is a link. It’s on sale. Better tablet no comparison for same price:

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets/an ... MD00000476

There is an option with pen and case but not on sale right now

Fyi Lenovo runs more stock (better), and they have very long support too
Is it truly way better?
I checked the score seems not really
Feb 28, 2021
206 posts
361 upvotes
jacky190424 wrote: Is it truly way better?
I checked the score seems not really
Yes it nearly TWICE the power. In gpu performance it is twice the performance. Vastly better chip. If your only playing Netflix probably won’t matter, but if you intent to play android games or emulation it’s a landslide for the p11 plus.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/s ... helio-g90t
Aug 21, 2012
685 posts
496 upvotes
thx op i ordered one on staples and used the $10 off newsletter code.
WOOOOOOOOOOO
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28611 upvotes
Mephod wrote: Yes it nearly TWICE the power. In gpu performance it is twice the performance. Vastly better chip. If your only playing Netflix probably won’t matter, but if you intent to play android games or emulation it’s a landslide for the p11 plus.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/s ... helio-g90t
It's much faster, not nearly twice as fast.

35% faster CPU

Significantly faster GPU.

The Lenovo P11 Plus sounds like a great choice, if you don't care about the pen.

Nice find.
Jan 15, 2016
206 posts
47 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I am old man with little knowledge of electronics.
I assume it can also be used as phone. I think it comes with a slot for SIM
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28611 upvotes
dodher wrote: I am old man with little knowledge of electronics.
I assume it can also be used as phone. I think it comes with a slot for SIM
I don't believe it will accept a SIM. I could be wrong.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)