• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2021 12:02 am
[OP]
Aug 23, 2011
85 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+, or wait for S8

I am deciding on buying the Tab S7+, but the S8 series is coming out soon. I remember seeing some threads on RFD and they offered trade-in for s20 for s21. So I went over to the Samsung store and they do trade ins for tablets, as well. I am wondering how much Samsung usually offer trade in credits to get the successor.

Where is the best place to get a new tablet for not so rich students? SPC seems attractive, but any better recommendations?

I kinda want a Tab S8, but I can get the s7+ for $739.99 (with $300 GC) retail. Good deal?
I cant decide if I should go with this and do a trade in with Samsung when s8 comes out, or wait for for s8? Overall, with trade in credit and $740, do you think I will I get a better deal trade in credit, or just wait and get the s8 with GC?

I dont know whats Samsung's usual trade in credit when the successor Tab comes out.

Thoughts?

I want media consumption device with the best screen, and I am not a fan of iOS. I know the S6 Lite has S Pen, but not AMOLED. Additionally the S6 would be good, but and I worry about the lack of updates a few years down the road, so S6 and S6 Lite are out of the question.

Thoughts?

thanks,
Last edited by EvW44BB on May 12th, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6494 posts
2499 upvotes
I don't remember the exact details but there's been a couple times Samsung was offering promotions on this tablet. In general, there aren't nearly as many buyers for high end Android tablets as iOS, so it goes on promo fairly often. The latest promo recently expired, it was $845 via SPC. Promos could get better
[OP]
Aug 23, 2011
85 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
HP_John wrote: I don't remember the exact details but there's been a couple times Samsung was offering promotions on this tablet. In general, there aren't nearly as many buyers for high end Android tablets as iOS, so it goes on promo fairly often. The latest promo recently expired, it was $845 via SPC. Promos could get better
I missed out; I was a few hours too late! eeks!
[OP]
Aug 23, 2011
85 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
I kinda want a Tab S8, but I can get the s7+ for $739.99 (with $300 GC) retail. Good deal?
I cant decide if I should go with this and do a trade in with Samsung when s8 comes out, or wait for for s8? Overall, with trade in credit and $740, do you think I will I get a better deal trade in credit, or just wait and get the s8 with GC?

I dont know whats Samsung's usual trade in credit when the successor Tab comes out.
Thoughts?

I want media consumption device with the best screen, but I am not a fan of iOS.