Expired Hot Deals

Samsung

Galaxy Z Fold 2 & Galaxy Z Flip 5G for $2109.99/$1254.99 + free Samsung Chromebook 4

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 10:50 am
[OP]
Sep 10, 2009
821 posts
635 upvotes

[Samsung] Galaxy Z Fold 2 & Galaxy Z Flip 5G for $2109.99/$1254.99 + free Samsung Chromebook 4

Looks like they're clearing it out for the Z Fold 3 & Z Flip 3 announcement next week.

Galaxy Z Fold 2: https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/ ... fold2/buy/
Galaxy Z Flip 5G: https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/ ... -flip/buy/

Slightly cheaper using Perkopolis as well (and I think Studentbeans too) and you can also trade in your current device to get it though don't expect to get a lot from it (got quoted $280 for my Note10+)

I ordered it to try it at least and if the new phones disappoint, I can just use this instead. There was no way I'd pay the original price but this seems a bit more manageable.

Also, a 15 days return policy if you order from their store and don't think you can return if bought using Perkopolis (don't quote me on that though appreciated if you can confirm)
Last edited by Feels Good Man on Aug 11th, 2021 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Now comes with a free Chromebook with the purchase:
https://www.samsung.com/ca/offer/chromebook/

"Offer available at Rogers Branded Corporate and Dealer locations, and select participating National Retailers."
184 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13318 posts
24565 upvotes
Z Flip 5 G $950
Z Fold 5G $1614
Perkopolis/ SPC/Venngo/Studenbeans

Returns are same since it’s the Samsung website anyways

Be aware new models in coming weeks . I’d wait for trade-in offers on newer models
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1469 posts
2288 upvotes
Pointe Claire
I have a Z flip. Specs not as good as their other premium phones and battery life is not good. But...can not ever go back to a non-foldable phone!
0% financing is pretty nice too.
Jul 21, 2021
59 posts
41 upvotes
dogdayafter12 wrote: I have a Z flip. Specs not as good as their other premium phones and battery life is not good. But...can not ever go back to a non-foldable phone!
Isn't there still issues with the hinge?
Mar 6, 2019
313 posts
394 upvotes
I’m trying so hard to hold off for the Fold 3…rumours are it’s more durable, only reason I’m waiting.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1469 posts
2288 upvotes
Pointe Claire
qyyqyy wrote: Isn't there still issues with the hinge?
Had it since last fall. No issues with hinge. Came from an S20 plus so big downgrade from that performance and battery wise. I'm not a big streamer nor do I really ever play games on it so not an issue. But the battery sucks in comparison; no question. But tucking in it to any piece of clothing especially a shirt pocket is really nice. Cool factor has worn off for me but not for the iPhone users that see it.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
[OP]
Sep 10, 2009
821 posts
635 upvotes
OleSolskjaer wrote: I’m trying so hard to hold off for the Fold 3…rumours are it’s more durable, only reason I’m waiting.
Same. I just got this to play around for a bit just incase the Fold 3 is disappointing and more expensive than rumored lol
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3373 posts
3931 upvotes
OleSolskjaer wrote: I’m trying so hard to hold off for the Fold 3…rumours are it’s more durable, only reason I’m waiting.
120hz screen as well..
Mar 1, 2008
948 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
wish the flip would have a bigger front screen like the razr
Mar 3, 2020
154 posts
213 upvotes

just gonna leave this here. start at 2:19 for the phone claim vs reality
Apr 30, 2017
523 posts
919 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
dogdayafter12 wrote: I have a Z flip. Specs not as good as their other premium phones and battery life is not good. But...can not ever go back to a non-foldable phone!
Oh yeah? Why is that? I'm genuinely curious.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2009
821 posts
635 upvotes
skrateboard wrote:

just gonna leave this here.
I watched this a while back and the review is pretty dumb. He just goes on a rant for several minutes of a phone that he didn't even own (it's his friends wife's phone). I get that it's his schtick but yeah. Like the phone still has issues like early gen stuff but really says nothing really of value?
Mar 6, 2019
313 posts
394 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: 120hz screen as well..
Good point, I haven’t used a 120hz display on a phone (I’ve been an iPhone guy since the 3G), but man once I upgraded my monitor to a high refresh rate it was night and day.

Excited to see that on a phone (Apple is about to finally do that, too little too late for me now).
Mar 6, 2019
313 posts
394 upvotes
Feels Good Man wrote: Same. I just got this to play around for a bit just incase the Fold 3 is disappointing and more expensive than rumored lol
Yeah if the Fold 3 doesn’t deliver on durability I might as well just get the Fold 2 discounted!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3373 posts
3931 upvotes
OleSolskjaer wrote: Good point, I haven’t used a 120hz display on a phone (I’ve been an iPhone guy since the 3G), but man once I upgraded my monitor to a high refresh rate it was night and day.

Excited to see that on a phone (Apple is about to finally do that, too little too late for me now).
well fold 2 is weird.. only one screen is 120hz... fold3 is definitely double screen at 120hz is the predicted specs.
Aug 12, 2013
13 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
I really wanted the Zfold 2 but opted for the S21 because of the price. I've honestly been really disappointed with the S21 as it doesn't fair much better than my Oneplus 5 (which I still use daily running stock). I entered the S21 as my trade in and got $0 value, guess Reconext thinks as poorly of it as I do. I'd love to get rid of this for something more flashy even if it is just a gimmick.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1557 posts
762 upvotes
Sask
S21 launch people got an extra 50 dollar off code to use for new s21 phone just by rsvping to the unpacked event.
If there is a chance you might purchase fold or flip 3 then might be worth a shot signing up for this one as well and see if they give out any promo codes before the event. https://www.samsung.com/ca/unpacked/
Oct 20, 2004
817 posts
145 upvotes
ced2334 wrote: S21 launch people got an extra 50 dollar off code to use for new s21 phone just by rsvping to the unpacked event.
If there is a chance you might purchase fold or flip 3 then might be worth a shot signing up for this one as well and see if they give out any promo codes before the event. https://www.samsung.com/ca/unpacked/
I just signed up. Hopefully they will have some promos for the z3. Thanks for the link
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21145 posts
25105 upvotes
The Z Flip still needs work.

It's not ready for prime time, don't be seduced.