Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ - 54% Off - $299.00

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 6:09 am
Jun 28, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
BC
Goodwill234 wrote: How is this compared to the original HTC Vive?
The screen is better. However it uses inside out tracking via cameras on the headset, which is not as precise but the advantage is you don't need to set up tracking lighthouses around your vr area.
Nov 19, 2005
550 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
Atillathepun wrote: Does anyone use this for media exclusively ?
I haven't used this myself, but if you intend to use it exclusively for media I would highly recommend an Oculus Go. It does only have like 2 - 2.5 hours of battery life, but plenty of people have suggested various mods like taping or vecroing a small battery pack on it to extend life. The Go being wireless is really a huge point in its favour, you can watch stuff anywhere and in any position, even like just lying around on your bed. The small version only has 32GB memory, but the Go has apps that can stream media directly from your PC as long as your wifi can support the speed.
Jan 12, 2017
685 posts
644 upvotes
Great for watching 3d "movies".. also been playing the new walking dead on mine.. best VR game ever!
Feb 12, 2008
293 posts
74 upvotes
Scarborough
Captin Howdy wrote: Any idea if this will work with half-life 3?
yah just not well as controllers are too big on top and will get in the way while reloading.
Anyone know the return policy for this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
Captin Howdy wrote: Any idea if this will work with half-life 3?
I'm pretty sure you mean half life alyx. Half Life 3 could be using holographic technology by the time it's released.