Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] No Tax on Samsung QLED 8K, 4K and Serif TVs (55" Q80T for $1391.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 8:32 am
Aug 24, 2016
332 posts
156 upvotes
How much is the 65" Q80T with 15% HST equivalent? Won't let me add the code.
Feb 24, 2009
501 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone getting a Postal Code error when trying to checkout?

"Unfortunately, we currently cannot deliver one or more of the items selected to this Postal Code"

:(
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1573 posts
689 upvotes
BC
RageOfFury wrote: Anyone getting a Postal Code error when trying to checkout?

"Unfortunately, we currently cannot deliver one or more of the items selected to this Postal Code"

no error when I ordered last night... though I have not received confirmation email until now...
Oct 19, 2015
993 posts
1378 upvotes
Vancouver
How good / bad is SS’s QLED compared to LG’s OLED?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4200 posts
4004 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
lol Manitoba's tax isn't 13% anymore, it's 12%. Bonus discount!
Dec 19, 2010
809 posts
263 upvotes
Not endorsing it but seems you can add a 15% tax discount code even if checking out in another lower tax province eg ON. I didn’t check out but the total for a 65” Q80T worked out to be $2113 after tax. I imagine they’ll address the discrepancy at time of shipping.
Oct 21, 2003
561 posts
1 upvote
Is it just me or were the 8k TVs around 400 dollars less before this "no tax deal" so now they are just the same price as before...🤷‍♂️
intel Core i7 920 @ 2.6 Ghz
Gigabyte EX58-UD4P
12GB DDR3
BFG 280 GTX OC 1GB
Dell 30" 3007WFP
X-FI
Seagate 1TB + 1.5TB 7200.11
Nov 17, 2013
913 posts
154 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Is it really 8k or marketing? Think i was watching an 82" q800t in demo mode at 12" from the screen and couldn't tell if it was for 4 or 8k. Truly remarkable all the fine details you can make out. Does 8k content exist that you can to test it? What about major movies??
Nov 26, 2015
64 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Im looking for a 85in TV. Is it a good deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2060 posts
666 upvotes
muscleking wrote: are these 55 inch 8k equivalent to something like 4x dell ultrasharp 27 inch 4k? same pixel look and colours? probably not 2000 is cheap for a 8k monitor lol. maybe have potential if tune the colours and can achieve monitor like colour accuracy. i want to get a 8k monitor for editing photos. a while ago i talked to vision they can do t he 55 inch 8k for 1700 something before tax. but that maybe LG i think. i would take samsung over LG. i had a lot of LG failed on me and other brands including samsung had much better records.
Where are you seeing an 8k for $2,000? The Q900R shows up at $2,800 for me, and the coupon doesn't apply.

Which model was Visions able to go down that much on? Was it an open box? :)
Apr 13, 2004
265 posts
165 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
The only negative about the Samsung TV's is Tizen. Just wish it would be Android TV instead.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28019 posts
8452 upvotes
Decent deal--rare to see something like this direct from manufacturer. For those unfamiliar (but familiar with last year's models) you basically have to go down a step to last year's "number" to get what this year's is really equivalent to. E.g. Q80T = Q70R in performance. The 2020 has some minor benefits as well and at this price a solid deal. Perhaps they are doing this to compete with PD and ramp up for BF sales?

I wonder if any RFDers have tried a maritime province code when living in AB? :lol:

And yeah be careful Samsung tends to give the hose job on their smaller sizes--different panels, lesser features, even in the same line. Also stay away from Q70T, it's similar to Q60R and is therefore way overpriced. Basically a glorified RU8000/RU9000 at what is usually a way higher price.

Oh yeah and no DV, but you all knew that already ;)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28019 posts
8452 upvotes
fpenguin wrote: How good / bad is SS’s QLED compared to LG’s OLED?
#1 QLED is just a buzzword/marketing term, it's an LCD, with an LED backlight and a QD filter.

#2 Q80T and higher are very good sets, of course with the Q 800T and 900T being 8K but pretty high priced. OLED is not the end all and be all, there are a few trade-offs to the tech and lots of people (myself included) have decided against going with an OLED TV. The one thing about OLED is there are basically no bad ones, but there are also no cheap ones, whereas LCDs range in cost from super cheap to very expensive. LCD offers much more variety, many more price points, and higher versatility, but to get close to the picture quality of OLED you are looking at the expensive range of LCDs. More expensive/higher end LCDs can also offer more brightness than OLED for better HDR experience. Cost is always a big factor...Even then a 55" OLED "deal" right now is $2k, while here we have a Q80T for $600 less.

Aside from the fact that I've already opted against OLED, I don't think it's such a wise idea to spend $2k on a 55" set anyway. 65" is probably minimum for a main TV these days so if you're gonna spend on an OLED might as well get a 65" at least. Otherwise if you're buying something smaller and/or buying for a 2nd or 3rd TV, I don't see the need to spend so much.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4792 posts
1980 upvotes
Ancaster
dealdealboss wrote: Tempting. Is the lack of Dolby Vision a deal
breaker for anyone?
Yes. Just about every studio/platform is on board with DV. HDR10+ lost (I think Amazon are the only ones still using it).
Apr 1, 2019
27 posts
18 upvotes
RageOfFury wrote: Anyone getting a Postal Code error when trying to checkout?

Did you edit it to your own instead of the default one by Canada Post? You have to enter the one linked to your credit card. I had it refuse and then I figured it out because Canada Post one was wrong.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2060 posts
666 upvotes
muscleking wrote: are these 55 inch 8k equivalent to something like 4x dell ultrasharp 27 inch 4k? same pixel look and colours? probably not 2000 is cheap for a 8k monitor lol. maybe have potential if tune the colours and can achieve monitor like colour accuracy. i want to get a 8k monitor for editing photos. a while ago i talked to vision they can do t he 55 inch 8k for 1700 something before tax. but that maybe LG i think. i would take samsung over LG. i had a lot of LG failed on me and other brands including samsung had much better records.
I just got off the phone with Visions. The online store can only do $2798.

The rep said open/demo unit pricing may vary, but I didn't bother calling each store (they're too far from me anyway).
Dec 2, 2009
45 posts
72 upvotes
Good job Samsung. My order was cancelled for the 55” q80t
Feb 24, 2009
501 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
mtlerhabs wrote: Did you edit it to your own instead of the default one by Canada Post? You have to enter the one linked to your credit card. I had it refuse and then I figured it out because Canada Post one was wrong.
Yeah, I even tried a completely different address and same error. Tried 2 other web browsers, same error. Tried to order from my phone instead of my PC, same error. I give up...