• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 2:32 pm
[OP]
Jan 5, 2017
322 posts
114 upvotes

Samsung numbers

Hey,

Looking for some contact numbers/email for Samsung. Not looking for the ones on their website...already called those to no avail.
I bought a TV in December while finishing my basement.
Opened up the box this past weekend and the one connect cable is missing!
They tell me that their policy is they need to be told within 48 hours if anything is missing!!
Doesn't say anywhere on the box and the store didn't say anything either.
Cable is $400!
Any help appreciated!!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1153 posts
2083 upvotes
Ontario
A $400 cable? Is it made of gold? Care to share a picture and part number of this cable?
[OP]
Jan 5, 2017
322 posts
114 upvotes
Its a fiber-optic cable. But yes i agree that it is quite pricey cable.

Have any contact info?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3127 posts
1310 upvotes
Windsor
A quick Google seems to indicate this proprietary cable is intentionally engineered to fail, and replacements are heinously expensive because of this.

I would assume contacting Samsung will not help you, as they'll likely just assume you're trying to get a free cable (which many people likely do), skirting their revenue stream. I hope you're within the return period for the TV. If that's an option, I'd return it and purchase a TV from a company that relies on established standards to accomplish what assuredly could be accomplished without screwing their customers.

If you can't, you could do what the person who bought your TV before you did and just buy another one, take out the cable, but then be a better person that that guy by returning it, telling BestBuy that it's missing the cable you need (thus not screwing the next guy). If they want to help you out with a new cable (they won't), you could mention you Googled the cost of the cable and found out about the cable debacle, and wish to buy something else (ideally, something they don't sell).
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)