Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1478 posts
2549 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Daf wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 10:40 am
How do you download Samsung pay??? It's not in app store

When I Google it and I get it app store it says not compatible with my device but I have an S8
The Samsung play app is not in the play store.
All Samsung phone has a preinstalled app called "Galaxy App". This is essentially Samsung's play store. You can install Samsung pay from there.

if you still can't find it. Try this . Unlock your phone -> swipe up -> click on "search phone" at the top -> type in Galaxy App
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Mar 21, 2018
23 posts
89 upvotes
I have got the previous promotion of Cineplex GC and Gap GC within 3 days without much issues. Just McDonald's, Timmy and Dollaroma. Just check the status to ensure all transactions were counted.
Mar 21, 2018
23 posts
89 upvotes
beachlover wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:51 am
I'd say this is the highest YMMV I've ever seen because it seems impossible to find this promo on Amazon, plus not even finding "Samsung Pay"
You have to install Samsung Pay from Samsung app store instead of Google play store.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
any online retailer that we can use this for?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1478 posts
2549 upvotes
Calgary, AB
beachlover wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:51 am
I'd say this is the highest YMMV I've ever seen because it seems impossible to find this promo on Amazon, plus not even finding "Samsung Pay"
Not YMMV at all......

Firstly, it's not an Amazon promotion. It's a Samsung promotion. You get an amazon gift card.
Secondly, the banner is so big in the app you can't even miss it. It's for everyone.

:facepalm:
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Jul 30, 2013
369 posts
98 upvotes
Quebec
So you need to disable Android Pay to use Samsung Pay instead ?
Jul 5, 2004
23826 posts
3387 upvotes
Apparently Samsung pay doesn't work with the A5
Nov 7, 2017
270 posts
92 upvotes
an apple a day keeps the doctor away or i should say an apple a day or multiple apple a day will give you $20 Amazon GC!
Oct 31, 2005
493 posts
43 upvotes
Amazon.ca Gift Card Promotional Offer
Terms and Conditions

1 Timing: The Amazon.ca Gift Card Promotional Offer (the “Offer”) begins on March 21, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("EST") and ends on March 28th, 2018 at 7:59 p.m. EST (the “Offer Period”). While supplies last. No rain checks.

2. Eligibility Requirements: This Offer is available to Canadian residents only. In order to be eligible for the Offer, an individual must (a) own a qualifying Samsung device: S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, S9, S9+ A5, Note5 or Note8; (b) have activated and registered Samsung Pay on the Samsung device; (c) have a Samsung Pay eligible credit or debit card. To see whether you have an eligible credit or debit card, please view http://pages.samsung.com/ca/samsungpay/English/; and (d) have a valid Samsung Account ID.

3. Where to Find the Reward: During the Offer Period, individuals must visit the Samsung Pay Application, select “Promotions,” and then select “Amazon.ca Gift Card.” Follow the links and instructions to confirm agreement to the Samsung Pay Privacy Notice and these Amazon.ca Gift Card Promotional Offer Terms and Conditions in order to participate in the Offer.

4. Reward:
The reward (“Reward”) is a CDN$20.00 Amazon.ca Gift Card. Retail value of the gift card is CDN$20.00. No cash value. Limit: Limit of one (1) Reward per Samsung Account.

5. How to Earn the Reward:
Pay using the Samsung Pay application on your Samsung mobile device with a total of (10) ten separate Qualifying Transactions (as defined below) at any participating retailer in Canada that accepts NFC/MST transactions and receive a $20 Amazon.ca Gift Card. Electronic gift cards will be sent to the email provided as part of your Samsung Pay account registration within 24 hours of the completion date of the ten (10) Qualifying transactions using Samsung Pay and acceptance of these Amazon.ca Gift Card Promotional Offer Terms and Conditions. The gift card is subject to the Amazon.ca Gift Card Terms and Conditions:

Amazon.ca is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.ca Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.ca or certain of its affiliated websites and may not be used to purchase other GCs. Amazon is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. For complete terms and conditions, including return policies for any purchases made with GCs, see www.amazon.ca/gc-legal. GCs are issued by Amazon.com.ca, Inc., a Delaware corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.

Retail value of the gift card is $20. No cash value. The maximum amount per transaction using the Samsung Pay application is determined by the issuing bank. There is no minimum amount per transaction. Samsung reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer at any time without notice. Reward cannot be returned, exchanged, transferred, replaced and is non-refundable. Limit: One (1) Reward per Samsung Account.

A “Qualifying Transaction” can be completed by using a credit or debit card as set out above within the Samsung Pay Application at a participating Canadian in-store card reader until the transaction is successfully completed. Only one (1) Qualifying Transaction per five (5) minutes will count toward this Offer. If multiple transactions are made within five (5) minutes, only one (1) transaction will count towards this Offer.

6. Miscellaneous:
Samsung reserves the right to cancel or amend the Offer at any time without notice. Reward cannot be returned, exchanged, transferred, replaced and is non-refundable.

Offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law. This offer is made available by Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., 2050 Derry Road West, Mississauga, ON, L5N 0B9.

Information collected from participants in the Offer is subject to Samsung Canada’s Privacy Policy http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/privacy/ and to the Samsung Pay Privacy Notice: http://pages.samsung.com/ca/samsungpay/ ... Notice.pdf.

© 2018 Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., used with permission. All other brand, product, service names and logos are marks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3504 posts
187 upvotes
Ugh. I hate how few credit cards work with Google Pay...and its even worse with Samsung Pay.
Mar 21, 2018
23 posts
89 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 12:18 pm
Do you get a physical card?
No. Emailed digital cards with numbers and pins. You can print or show on your phone and use in store or type in online order.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
Netixx wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:45 am
So you need to disable Android Pay to use Samsung Pay instead ?
Select Samsung pay in your NFC settings