• Mar 30th, 2018 11:04 am
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1478 posts
2549 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Sarnch wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 12:39 pm
Dont care. Just like to help people out.
Good for you. Repost.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1557 posts
127 upvotes
can this be combined with mega miles, where one has to make 20xAMEX transactions?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1967 posts
334 upvotes
Mahawka wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:25 am
The Samsung play app is not in the play store.
All Samsung phone has a preinstalled app called "Galaxy App". This is essentially Samsung's play store. You can install Samsung pay from there.

if you still can't find it. Try this . Unlock your phone -> swipe up -> click on "search phone" at the top -> type in Galaxy App
Wow thanks okay so now any idea how to get Samsung pay on my Samsung gear watch ? I have the newest one
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1478 posts
2549 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Daf wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 12:45 pm
Wow thanks okay so now any idea how to get Samsung pay on my Samsung gear watch ? I have the newest one
Sorry no idea. :(
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
[OP]
Dec 20, 2017
526 posts
616 upvotes
Daf wrote:
I believe Canadian Samsung watches have Samsung Pay disabled. :/ T&C of the promo also only mentions using Samsung Pay with phone.
May 1, 2016
49 posts
21 upvotes
Daf wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 10:41 am
How do you use it at Wal-Mart ?? I have the Samsung watch too...
Canadian version of samsung watch have pay feature disabled, you can use you phone. Open samsung pay, activate your card (15 sec timer) and hold your phone on the side of machine where you swipe your card. MST is little slower than TAP it will take around 2-3 seconds to complete the transaction.
Jul 15, 2003
478 posts
353 upvotes
Anyone using the App, make sure you click on the Amazon promo banner from within the app and then click (join/enroll I can't remember exactly) to make sure you take part in it. Next time you click on the promo banner, it should just say 10 transactions left..
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
I was having trouble paying with Samsung Pay after having use used it earlier in the day. I realized that when playing with the NFC settings I had accidentally turned of android beam. In case anyone else is having trouble with it not working with you try tapping it, make sure your Android beam is on in the NFC settings. I ended up just paying with credit card :(
Nov 3, 2013
124 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I seem to be having issues finding what stores support samsung pay. Reading this thread, I determined that walmart does, but who else. I've used android pay in the past at mcdonalds and petro canada successfully. Does samsung pay have the same vendor support as android pay?
Aug 27, 2009
855 posts
678 upvotes
Delight wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 12:50 pm
I believe Canadian Samsung watches have Samsung Pay disabled. :/ T&C of the promo also only mentions using Samsung Pay with phone.
If your tech savvy it's fairly easy to get it working on an gear S3 (provided you have a supported CC)
https://www.reddit.com/r/GearS3/comment ... msung_pay/
Daf wrote:
See above, I've been using S Pay on my gear S3 since December
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
dnavia wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 2:52 pm
I seem to be having issues finding what stores support samsung pay. Reading this thread, I determined that walmart does, but who else. I've used android pay in the past at mcdonalds and petro canada successfully. Does samsung pay have the same vendor support as android pay?

From Samsung website:

"With Samsung Pay, making everyday purchases is fast, more secure, and convenient. Swipe up from the home button for a simple way to access your favourite cards. Authenticate purchases with your PIN, iris, or fingerprint.3 Use your card at most merchant terminals where you can tap, scan or swipe a payment card"

I assume that means anywhere that accepts credit cards by tapping or swiping.
Mar 5, 2018
22 posts
144 upvotes
southnam wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 2:57 pm
From Samsung website:

"With Samsung Pay, making everyday purchases is fast, more secure, and convenient. Swipe up from the home button for a simple way to access your favourite cards. Authenticate purchases with your PIN, iris, or fingerprint.3 Use your card at most merchant terminals where you can tap, scan or swipe a payment card"

I assume that means anywhere that accepts credit cards by tapping or swiping.
this. samsung pay is actually imo the best mobile payment solution since it uses mst technology instead of just nfc. this means it works on any terminal that has a magnetic strip reader
Nov 3, 2013
124 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
nick7423 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 3:00 pm
this. samsung pay is actually imo the best mobile payment solution since it uses mst technology instead of just nfc. this means it works on any terminal that has a magnetic strip reader
Oh thats really cool. I assumed it was limited because merchants tend to have an 'apple pay accepted here' or 'android pay accepted here'. Guess I'll have to start trying this everywhere :D