Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung Pay] Free $20 Amazon GC after 10x Samsung Pay transactions

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2018 11:04 am
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1963 posts
331 upvotes
Anyone in Toronto region have the Samsung pay set up on their Samsung watch ?
Mar 4, 2016
351 posts
216 upvotes
Anyone know if we can add signatures? I've been using Samsung pay for over a year and never had anyone actually ask for signature. Tried at walmart today for just under $10 and the lady asked for my signature then asked to see the card. It really threw her off when the card number on the receipt didn't match the number on my card...I tried explaining to her that it's a different number that's assigned by Samsung Pay. She had to go ask a supervisor who eventually said it's fine since it's a small amount. Thought I'd get out quicker since no one was in the express line and there was a lineup for the self checkouts...boy was I wrong!

Can't wait til all cashiers are replaced with machines :P
[OP]
Dec 20, 2017
526 posts
615 upvotes
Kontos wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:51 pm
Anyone know if we can add signatures? I've been using Samsung pay for over a year and never had anyone actually ask for signature. Tried at walmart today for just under $10 and the lady asked for my signature then asked to see the card. It really threw her off when the card number on the receipt didn't match the number on my card...I tried explaining to her that it's a different number that's assigned by Samsung Pay. She had to go ask a supervisor who eventually said it's fine since it's a small amount. Thought I'd get out quicker since no one was in the express line and there was a lineup for the self checkouts...boy was I wrong!

You can show them the virtual card in Samsung Pay and match the real 4 digits to the actual card to match the signature. If they ask to confirm name, you can pull that info up too.
20180322_185554.jpg
Sep 7, 2014
81 posts
17 upvotes
waterloo
lol good thing im working part time at a retail store. gonna donate 5 cents to my store 10 times
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1963 posts
331 upvotes
Kontos wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:51 pm

It didn't ask you to put in your chip ?
Mar 4, 2016
351 posts
216 upvotes
Delight wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:59 pm
You can show them the virtual card in Samsung Pay and match the real 4 digits to the actual card to match the signature. If they ask to confirm name, you can pull that info up too.

20180322_185554.jpg
I tried showing her that with the little ? that explained what that number was and she said she couldn't trust my phone Face With Tears Of Joy
Daf wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 10:50 pm
It didn't ask you to put in your chip ?
No since I paid with my phone there's no chip/pin
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1471 posts
31 upvotes
Using a note 8 from Verizon. I downloaded the app, registered, but I think all the promos are for US stores... Any thoughts? I registered the profile in Canada in the app, but still nothing..
Aug 21, 2011
831 posts
216 upvotes
Nraja wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 8:13 am
Using a note 8 from Verizon. I downloaded the app, registered, but I think all the promos are for US stores... Any thoughts? I registered the profile in Canada in the app, but still nothing..
US has had a lot more Samsung Pay promos than we have but this one is definitely a Canadian promo. My Bell note 8 with CIBC card is able to get it.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1471 posts
31 upvotes
596722 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 8:26 am
US has had a lot more Samsung Pay promos than we have but this one is definitely a Canadian promo. My Bell note 8 with CIBC card is able to get it.
When you go into 'store' in the app, does it show Amazon.com or Amazon.ca as one of the gift card sellers?

I'm wondering if I somehow downloaded a US version or if my profile is somehow set up in the states..
[OP]
Dec 20, 2017
526 posts
615 upvotes
Nraja wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 8:42 am
When you go into 'store' in the app, does it show Amazon.com or Amazon.ca as one of the gift card sellers?

I'm wondering if I somehow downloaded a US version or if my profile is somehow set up in the states..
Definitely sounds like you have the US version. Samsung pay for Canada is under the "Galaxy Apps" store, not Google Play store. Canadian version doesn't have a "store" section or points on every tap you can redeem like the US Version.
Aug 21, 2011
831 posts
216 upvotes
It shows amazon.ca not amazon.com
Jul 25, 2017
321 posts
82 upvotes
lol Is there a way to install Samsung pay on other android devices?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1836 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
I have discovered something that makes the extreme RFDer in me very happy! One Timbit is 30 cents each and the cashier doesn't look at you like a weirdo when you just want the one and pay by credit card. =D

I remembered I had an old Scotia VISA so I'm now on the hunt for cheap things to buy. Sadly it's made my day much more enjoyable.
Aug 3, 2008
12 posts
3 upvotes
vancouver
I downloaded from the Galaxy Apps, but I think I still have the US version as I see the "store" section. How do I switch to the Canadian version?
Also, In the long-run, which is better to have US or Canadian version considering promotions and points earned?
[OP]
Dec 20, 2017
526 posts
615 upvotes
mrkim wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 3:47 pm
I downloaded from the Galaxy Apps, but I think I still have the US version as I see the "store" section. How do I switch to the Canadian version?
Also, In the long-run, which is better to have US or Canadian version considering promotions and points earned?
Do you still get points to redeem per tap transactions while using Canadian cards? That's pretty cool...Canadian version doesn't have a points system or any redemption items. :(