• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2018 11:04 am
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1470 posts
30 upvotes
mrkim wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 3:47 pm
I downloaded from the Galaxy Apps, but I think I still have the US version as I see the "store" section. How do I switch to the Canadian version?
Also, In the long-run, which is better to have US or Canadian version considering promotions and points earned?
Did some research and it looks like the only way to get us the Canadian version is to flash the firmware for our US phones, or find the Canadian apk version, which i haven't been able to get yet. If anyone has it out there, I'd really appreciate it!

Otherwise we don't get the Canadian promos. Still took my cibc card, but haven't tried to use it yet..
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1797 posts
462 upvotes
Nraja wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 10:46 pm
Did some research and it looks like the only way to get us the Canadian version is to flash the firmware for our US phones, or find the Canadian apk version, which i haven't been able to get yet. If anyone has it out there, I'd really appreciate it!

Otherwise we don't get the Canadian promos. Still took my cibc card, but haven't tried to use it yet..
Same issue for my US Note 8... never found a work around.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1043 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
Reminder, this expires tomorrow, Mar 28th

Just got my last transaction done today and got the e-card/code from the app.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2370 posts
1028 upvotes
silverele wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 1:45 pm
I have discovered something that makes the extreme RFDer in me very happy! One Timbit is 30 cents each and the cashier doesn't look at you like a weirdo when you just want the one and pay by credit card. =D

I remembered I had an old Scotia VISA so I'm now on the hunt for cheap things to buy. Sadly it's made my day much more enjoyable.
Lol. Or you could buy a 59c box of pc/noname facial tissue from shoppers every 5 minutes. They also have self checkout which is less embarassing
EverydayCloudy wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 12:50 pm
Just got mine today after 10 transactions, thanks OP!
Me too. Mine was emailed to my gmail account which is unusual since i dont normally use that email or remember setting it up with samsung store or samsung pay. EDIT - looks like that is the email i used to set up my samsung account for some reason
Nov 7, 2017
270 posts
92 upvotes
after my 10th transaction yesterday, i received my egift immediately! that was fast! lol
Nov 14, 2012
609 posts
282 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I was going to buy some 5 cent candy but found out that none of my cards are supported. :(
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2370 posts
1028 upvotes
f
nstlgsnv wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:00 am
Thanks OP, I should check that promo section more often
I found a button in the SamsungPay app under notifications which should alert you when promos are posted so you dont have to manually check
Jul 15, 2003
602 posts
143 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Thanks OP! Worked.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1473 posts
322 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Just got it in under the deadline...made the purchase and it came 5 minutes after...entered code into Amazon and everything worked.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1806 posts
771 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Finished at 8:52 PM PT, assuming that the promo ended at midnight ET.. came pretty dang close. Using Amex + Samsung Pay really didn't make it easy, but I found that turning off NFC and forcing the mag stripe helped. Obnoxiously, Safeway takes Amex but not via tap, plus when I tried turning NFC off, it told me that I had to use the chip instead! Bah.
Aug 31, 2015
424 posts
87 upvotes
Concord, ON
Awww damn, just missed out on this :( could haveused that $20 lol
Aug 15, 2016
51 posts
41 upvotes
Samsung pay is incredible. I had so far 0 cases of it not working - I am not exaggerating, and I use it daily. I love the look on cashiers' faces when they tell me "no tap" all annoyed, I tap the phone anyways, and it works! This $20 gift card is great too.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9248 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
does returns count towards the 10 transactions? because you can buy 10 items at walmart, return thoses 10 items.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1339 posts
328 upvotes
Got my GC!

Samsung should've called his he Easter Egg hunt promo, that's how I felt as I was running around finding the cheapest things to buy. Ended up buying chocolate pieces for 25 cents on top of the regular coffee.