Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6767 posts
957 upvotes
BC
FragmentsOfLife wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:57 pm
It's a $10 Ultimate Dining Card, not $5
Thanks, not sure how I messed that up. OP updated.
Sep 15, 2010
26 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond
big thumbs up on this.. thx for posting..
Zoomerer since May 30th.
Jan 12, 2006
544 posts
44 upvotes
Edmonton
If I install the app now, where can I find the link to register for the promo?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1544 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
I see that you have to make purchases 5 minutes apart to qualify for an individual purchase. Does it say anything about minimum $ per purchase? Can a single purchase qualify for both promos?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6767 posts
957 upvotes
BC
ttoommyy wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 12:49 am
If I install the app now, where can I find the link to register for the promo?
It should show up under the "Promotions" link in the app, it's also showing in the banner at the top of the app for me.
john.canad wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 1:46 am
I see that you have to make purchases 5 minutes apart to qualify for an individual purchase. Does it say anything about minimum $ per purchase? Can a single purchase qualify for both promos?
No minimum, they haven't had stacked promos like this in the past so I can't say for sure, but I didn't see anything that specifically excludes one purchase counting for both.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1313 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
ugh, Scotiabank AMEX doesn't work...

That's not fair.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3438 posts
440 upvotes
Ontario
Okay I installed Samsung pay and I'm noticing a couple of differences versus Android pay. The first thing I noticed is that you have to swipe up to reveal a card, but an Android pay all you have to do is hold your phone to the NFC Reader as long as your phone is unlocked. The other difference I see is you have to verify with a fingerprint even after you have already unlocked your phone, whereas with Android pay there is no fingerprint verification required

Other than these two differences I am assuming the two systems work the same and that the superior option is Samsung pay because it is accepted in more places, is this correct?
Aug 27, 2008
587 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. I downloaded the app, added an AMEX Platinum no problem. Looking around the "Promotions" section, I found the use 5, get a $20 Cineplex card and enrolled. It gives you a usage counter too.

I'll try it with the McDonalds $1 coffee later today. Not a bad deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1464 posts
113 upvotes
St. Johns
New to the whole 'pay with your phone' thing. How do I know if a place accepts this? Or does it work wherever tap works?
Jan 11, 2008
894 posts
162 upvotes
Great deal but I find it doesn't really work. Tried today at McDonald's and it doesn't 'register' my pay.

This is where Apple Pay just works better. When this didn't work I just pulled out my iPhone and tapped and it worked....

Also Android pay worked the first few times but I gave up in that as well since it just stopped working / 'registering' after the first few times.

This could be a problem with my phone though.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3438 posts
440 upvotes
Ontario
freakyflow wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 8:35 am
Great deal but I find it doesn't really work. Tried today at McDonald's and it doesn't 'register' my pay.

This is where Apple Pay just works better. When this didn't work I just pulled out my iPhone and tapped and it worked....

Also Android pay worked the first few times but I gave up in that as well since it just stopped working / 'registering' after the first few times.

This could be a problem with my phone though.
I use android pay daily and have never had an issue like that. Must be at your end
Dec 7, 2014
26 posts
2 upvotes
Android Pay has never worked once for me, every time I tap (where tap is accepted), the device would say tap not accepted, insert card. Tried removing/adding my card back still get the same error.

Samsung Pay has always worked for me though, its more compatible since it basically mimics a swipe of your card instead of tapping. I think the only drawback is that you will need to sign the receipt when using Samsung Pay.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1303 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
I downloaded the app and tried to connect it my Samsung account however it's giving me a connection error. Anyone else?
[SELLING] PS3 Slim 500GB Bundle ALL YOU NEED + EXTRAS