Hot Deals

[Samsung Pay] Free $20 Cineplex + $10 Ultimate Dining egift card offers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 12:14 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2237 posts
229 upvotes
Scotiabank Amex is not eligible for the Scotiabank dining promo.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6392 posts
1983 upvotes
Mississauga
hi-tech wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 9:07 am
Scotiabank Amex is not eligible for the Scotiabank dining promo.
What are you talking about?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6767 posts
956 upvotes
BC
RyanS219 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 8:31 am
New to the whole 'pay with your phone' thing. How do I know if a place accepts this? Or does it work wherever tap works?
This should work anywhere that accepts your method of payment, i.e. if they accept Visa and you set up Samsung Pay with your Visa card, you should be good to go. Most terminals, even those that don't support tap to pay, should work, although some terminals that have their magstripe reader too far away won't work, such as gas pumps or parking meters that don't support tap to pay.
XSnapSX wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 9:03 am
I downloaded the app and tried to connect it my Samsung account however it's giving me a connection error. Anyone else?
Are you using Package Disabler or anything else that might have disabled some of the other Samsung apps this might be trying to use?
Nov 19, 2009
482 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
immortal_kssss wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 10:11 am
What are you talking about?
I think they mean that you cant use Scotia Amex with Samsung pay. Only Scotia Visa and Debit. I tried to add my Amex and it told me it wasn't supported.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6392 posts
1983 upvotes
Mississauga
Malta wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 10:15 am
I think they mean that you cant use Scotia Amex with Samsung pay. Only Scotia Visa and Debit. I tried to add my Amex and it told me it wasn't supported.
I think so but he said Scotiabank dining promo,so I thought he was talking about a different promo.
Aug 27, 2008
587 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
aerohead888 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 8:02 am
Thanks OP. I downloaded the app, added an AMEX Platinum no problem. Looking around the "Promotions" section, I found the use 5, get a $20 Cineplex card and enrolled. It gives you a usage counter too.

I'll try it with the McDonalds $1 coffee later today. Not a bad deal.
Just got back from McDonalds and worked without a hitch. App now shows that I need to make 4 more purchases to qualify for the GC.

For those with issues, make sure that the merchant accepts the card that you have linked. i.e. Loblaws doesn't accept Amex. Had issues before trying to pay with Apple Pay linked to an AMEX.
Mar 4, 2016
278 posts
132 upvotes
Thanks OP!
Last edited by Kontos on Nov 22nd, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2016
99 posts
49 upvotes
Prince Albert
Anyone using a Scotia debit card and experiencing issues with being credited? I made two purchases today - neither register on either promotion and it states "no recent transactions".

My statement shows them.. and the payment was confirmed. But the promotions do not reflect my use.

I sent a support request and was met with a generic response regarding the promotions.
Mar 6, 2013
149 posts
102 upvotes
Saint John, NB
Thanks OP. Used Samsung Pay with my Amex at McDonalds and Dominos today with no issues. 3 more transactions to go :)
Aug 20, 2014
46 posts
84 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Thanks, OP. I tried Samsung Pay on a vending machine and it registered as an eligible transaction.
Jun 24, 2015
56 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
scotia banking app having trouble verifying the card :facepalm:
Oct 25, 2011
118 posts
55 upvotes
Ajax
penner5a wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 9:39 pm
Anyone using a Scotia debit card and experiencing issues with being credited? I made two purchases today - neither register on either promotion and it states "no recent transactions".

My statement shows them.. and the payment was confirmed. But the promotions do not reflect my use.

I sent a support request and was met with a generic response regarding the promotions.
Yep, I signed up last night a few mins after the OP. Proceeded to add my Scotia debit and headed to Mcdonalds. Everything worked without a hitch in terms of payment, being credited for the actual payment is another story. It still shows needing 5!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2035 posts
1426 upvotes
Mordor
cozyhug wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:14 am
scotia banking app having trouble verifying the card :facepalm:
same!