Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Pre-order the Samsung S20 FE and get bonus UV Sanitizer OR Galaxy Fit2 + 125 Air Miles

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 12:53 am
Tags:

Poll: What colour did you get?

• Total votes: 68. You have voted on this poll.
Navy

43%
Lavender

7%
Mint

9%
Red

16%
Orange

10%
White

15%

This poll will close on Nov 5th, 2020 6:42 am.

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2947 posts
1868 upvotes
Langley
rajojomanik wrote: I have no issues using the supplied charger since i usually charge overnight and use a smart plug to to schedule the charge for about 1.5hrs.

I would also buy one if I can get my hands on one of these... make sure you change to your location to check inventory.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=74588375937

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=74588375936
I use my laptops 65W charger to charge all my USB C phones, is it bad that the wattage is so high?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1168 posts
481 upvotes
Regina
rtookey wrote: Pixel 5 is near perfect package IMO. I have the s20, great phone all round. Pixel is the king of the camera, and at 8gb ram, its a great offer. 6gb ram in the FE will suffice, but 8gb makes it a bit more future proof. You have a pixel too, so the OS will be a bit more familiar. Im a BIG fan of the rear mounted fingerprint scanner also. FAR better than inscreen, as there is no way to index your finger location.
S20 fe processor is twice as fast compared to the Pixel 5.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1168 posts
481 upvotes
Regina
actarus wrote: Got mine in the evening. Still sorting things out. Great phone.

Will check wifi speed tomorrow. I have now 390mb/s on the 5Ghz.... Should be higher..
Great way to suck your data back..
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Apr 10, 2011
234 posts
28 upvotes
866mbits/s this morning, I think this is the max it can go.

So far great phone, very responsive and the 120hz screen is a must!
Dec 18, 2006
110 posts
30 upvotes
Edmonton
actarus wrote: 866mbits/s this morning, I think this is the max it can go.

So far great phone, very responsive and the 120hz screen is a must!
Agreed, 120hz is great. The battery drain is not though! So far not very impressed with battery life. Hope it gets better
Feb 29, 2012
337 posts
102 upvotes
waloshin wrote: S20 fe processor is twice as fast compared to the Pixel 5.
I would rather use iOS as an Android fan than Samsung's awful software
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1175 posts
509 upvotes
Sask
jdso wrote: Agreed, 120hz is great. The battery drain is not though! So far not very impressed with battery life. Hope it gets better
What kind of screen on time are you getting. Most of the feedback I've read regarding battery life has been positive.
Feb 29, 2012
337 posts
102 upvotes
waloshin wrote: Great way to suck your data back..
In fairness, some people barely spend time outside nowadays (I am on Freedom 9GB LTE plan and now don't hit 100% of data even without rationing/limiting the data usage at all when I'm out.)
Dec 18, 2006
110 posts
30 upvotes
Edmonton
ced2334 wrote: What kind of screen on time are you getting. Most of the feedback I've read regarding battery life has been positive.
Not sure since I haven't really been checking. I've just been using the battery percentage drops to gauge.

I'll track it better and give an update later. It might be that I'm just using the phone more since it's new.
Dec 13, 2019
153 posts
112 upvotes
Still waiting on my Cloud Navy S20 FE to ship out. Spoke with a Samsung customer service agent and they said there's currently a 4 day delay in shipments and once it's shipped out, should arrive in 1 - 2 days. Sounds promising, but we'll see...

Happy to hear most people are having positive experiences so far. This is actually my first Samsung smartphone. I have traditionally stayed away from Samsung due to their horrible, bloated software, slow, non-existent updates, and unremovable bloatware. However, the discount and bonus gift is too good to pass up and decided to take a leap of faith. Hopefully this works out for me. I was going to wait for the Pixel 5 since I'm currently on a Pixel 2 XL, but the weird non-ear piece design makes content consumption problematic with lopsided sound after getting used to stereo speakers on the Pixel 2 XL.
May 21, 2011
98 posts
97 upvotes
Yesterday i briefly did have some issues with the screen. That is when i opened the Google app and was trying to scroll the stories up and down with the tip of my finger, it would just open the particular story as soon as my finger touched instead of letting me scroll. I rebooted and then it was fine. Hasn't happened again so far.
Apr 10, 2011
234 posts
28 upvotes
I came from Xiaomi MIUI. OneUI is not THAT bad
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
731 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
LesDeals wrote: Still waiting on my Cloud Navy S20 FE to ship out. Spoke with a Samsung customer service agent and they said there's currently a 4 day delay in shipments and once it's shipped out, should arrive in 1 - 2 days. Sounds promising, but we'll see...
Pretty much what I was told, expecting it no earlier than next Thursday, anything earlier would be a bonus.

I have the case, screen protector and headphone adapter... All I need is the phone. Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
Just a friendly reminder about what you're getting with the S20 FE.

It's mostly great, but worth reposting here.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Lower resolution screen, but still retina IMO.

RAM is reduced from 12GB (North America S20 5G) to 6GB (North America FE).

Everything about this phone is great, but I'm in the small minority that can't do 6GB of RAM. For most people, this is a great phone, at a great price, with a top-shelf processor. I would get an app to monitor your ram usage in the top bar, however.

God bless.
Cheers.
Dec 13, 2019
153 posts
112 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Just a friendly reminder about what you're getting with the S20 FE.

It's mostly great, but worth reposting here.

Cheers.
The S20 FE is a cut-down version of the S20 series, so it is considered on the upper end of the midrange and lower end of the flagship. It sits between the S and A series, hence the marriage of some S elements like the top SoC, DeX and wireless DeX, wireless charging and reverse wireless charging, expandable storage, fast RAM and storage with UFS 3.0, and WiFI 6, and 5G (echoing Apple's stress on the "second coming" that 5G is... Face With Tears Of Joy) and the A elements like a flat screen, the silver ring around the selfie cam, "Glasstic" back, and Gorilla Glass 3. So it is a value play rather than a premium play from Samsung to salvage some of their S20 sales from pricing themselves out of a pandemic-stricken market.