Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Pre-order the Samsung S20 FE and get bonus UV Sanitizer OR Galaxy Fit2 + 125 Air Miles

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 2:25 am
Tags:

Poll: What colour did you get?

• Total votes: 75. You have voted on this poll.
Navy

44%
Lavender

8%
Mint

9%
Red

15%
Orange

9%
White

15%

Poll ended at Nov 5th, 2020 6:42 am

[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
788 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Axar10 wrote: So, I talked to samsung customer service twice and they are telling me to refuse delivery of the order that I don't want to keep (at the door). What do you guys think is this a good idea or should I take delivery and initiate a return instead? Any experience on this you guys can share?

Thanks.
Axar
I did this as was instructed by Samsung. I refused the package and tracked it. It took over a week for my credit to go through.

I suggest you:
1. Let them know you are refusing delivery
2. Call fedex to see if you can cancel delivery and return to sender. If not refuse delivery at door and get something from driver as proof of refusal.
2. Once you have new tracking number from fedex, update Samsung.
Aug 9, 2017
197 posts
734 upvotes
GTA
rajojomanik wrote: Mine still showing 'preparing for dispatch', anyone got a shipping notice today? The waiting game is killing me. :)
Placed an order on the 14th and just received a call from fed ex that it'll arrive tomorrow.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
788 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
ashven288 wrote: Placed an order on the 14th and just received a call from fed ex that it'll arrive tomorrow.
Same here, got the call from fedex and delivery scheduled for tomorrow. But no email from samsung saying it's being shipped.
Dec 20, 2005
967 posts
28 upvotes
It was waiting for me at home. Setup email alerts with FedEx tracking number provided with automated phone call.

Aside from the orig email from Samsung confirming purchase, I never received another email from Samsung.

Waiting till everyone is gone to bed to open the box. Need to limit the distractions, while I enjoy the moment.
Oct 17, 2020
7 posts
3 upvotes
I just got mine today and did a touch screen test right away and did some texting and found out that my unit is getting "ghost" touches.
This is the link for the touch screen test
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
iankillz wrote: I just got mine today and did a touch screen test right away and did some texting and found out that my unit is getting "ghost" touches.
Ran the test app on a couple of android phones and had the same result on the S20 FE; the other phones were fine. Oy vey Samsung, disappointing. This is going back unless there is a software fix.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Feb 5, 2017
372 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
iankillz wrote: I just got mine today and did a touch screen test right away and did some texting and found out that my unit is getting "ghost" touches.
Wow...using that test, getting ghose touches as well
Dec 11, 2008
60 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
Yazzy88 wrote: Wow...using that test, getting ghose touches as well
Has anyone researched how to resolve this issue?
Apr 10, 2011
254 posts
32 upvotes
There is a thread on XDA on this. Last I check was to disable Game Optimization fixed the issue partially.

That means to me it's probably software fixable.
May 15, 2011
75 posts
30 upvotes
My orange s20 fe finally arrived yesterday before noon. FedEx guy apparently just rang the doorbell & left. Luckily gf was expecting it.

Set it up after work, and everything is working smoothly on mine. Just tried the screen app mentioned above & no screen issues thankfully.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
788 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Without doing this test, is it that noticeable?
Dec 10, 2017
14 posts
7 upvotes
Just got the phone and touch screen issues are there but not a serve as shown in the video. It's possible that i'm not doing the test as exactly as specified however, unless you plan on gaming or whatever I doubt these will be a huge deal breaker.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1080 posts
436 upvotes
Markham
actarus wrote: There is a thread on XDA on this. Last I check was to disable Game Optimization fixed the issue partially.

That means to me it's probably software fixable.
I haven't tried running the test yet, but just in case, can you link the XDA thread? or perhaps give a brief description how to disable Game optimization?
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797.49. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466.75. 20:13W-8234.04

Currently For Sale: 2 SONOS One SL Speakers
Apr 10, 2011
254 posts
32 upvotes
I did the test also.

It's not as bad as in the video, but I have the issue as well.

On a day to day basis I didn't really notice.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)