Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Pre-order the Samsung S20 FE and get bonus UV Sanitizer OR Galaxy Fit2 + 125 Air Miles

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 2:25 am
Tags:

Poll: What colour did you get?

• Total votes: 75. You have voted on this poll.
Navy

44%
Lavender

8%
Mint

9%
Red

15%
Orange

9%
White

15%

Poll ended at Nov 5th, 2020 6:42 am

Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
It's still early, the fix has only been released for about a day. Give it a few days before we start to read/see the feedback from the other side of the world. It's not affecting all phones, apparently, so only the affected phones would be returned. Even then, if it's not too bad, many people may not notice or won't want to go through the hassle of returning.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Apr 10, 2011
254 posts
32 upvotes
I won't return mine. In theory it has the issue, but it's not affecting my daily use.

I'm sure the fix is coming very soon
Mar 3, 2017
69 posts
28 upvotes
Returning mine. It was the screen issue. Typing in passwords never seem to be correct. Also coming from Pixel --> Pixel 3 --> s20 fe and wife with Oneplus UI, Samsung bloatware and crap UI is completely glaringly bad. Unfortunately s20 fe looked to be the best spec'd/priced out of Pixel 5, Oneplus 8t.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1079 posts
436 upvotes
Markham
What does it mean when the front facing camera randomly looks like it focuses in and out? Sometimes while using my phone I notice a black ring around the front facing camera. Has anyone else noticed this?
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797.49. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466.75. 20:13W-8234.04

Currently For Sale: 2 SONOS One SL Speakers
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
knacks wrote: What does it mean when the front facing camera randomly looks like it focuses in and out? Sometimes while using my phone I notice a black ring around the front facing camera. Has anyone else noticed this?
See thread about this issue.... not a solution, but keep an eye on that thread to see if/when it's figured out.
samsung s20 fe 5g front camera blinking
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1079 posts
436 upvotes
Markham
Oatmeal wrote: See thread about this issue.... not a solution, but keep an eye on that thread to see if/when it's figured out.
samsung s20 fe 5g front camera blinking
Yea, I had found that thread as well. But was wondering if you guys were experiencing it as well. I haven't used a new phone since s8 so don't know if this is normal or not. My biggest guess was this is the sensor for face recognition or something. But I'm currently not using face unlock so dunno why it does it...
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797.49. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466.75. 20:13W-8234.04

Currently For Sale: 2 SONOS One SL Speakers
Aug 16, 2009
194 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
actarus wrote: You do not need to trade the 0$ phone.

Got an email yesterday that said; Do you still want to trade your phone...

I doubt you have to and will be charged 150$ if not. But it's a good way to recycle your phone.
I don't think they can't charge you the $150 back right? The authorized payment was the amount at the time of checkout, they can't randomly make another charge on it later can they?
Anyway I paid with paypal so they definitely won't be able to make another charge to paypal without any authorization from me for sure.

Also the trade in is managed by another company, you send your phone to them, they assess it and send you a cheque for the quoted amount. If you don't send it in, you don't get the cheque.
Not sure they will really go through the admin work required to check who didn't send their phones in and check what quote it was, and which company it is tied to, and then report back that the trade in phone was not sent.
May 9, 2014
192 posts
186 upvotes
Embarras
Update on my phone:

Able to replicate the same as the video. Not going to return it as it only breaks gaming for me.

Fast Charging:

I have an 18 W PD power bank and 30 W PD wall charger. Using the apps Amphere and AccuBattery, I am able to get the same charging speeds as the in-box 15 W charger. For Super Fast Charging (25 W), you'll need to buy the official charger or one that has USB PD 3.0 and PPS.
Koodo Migration Plan $40/ 6GB

Shaw Internet 300
- $43/month 1st year
- $58/month 2nd year
- $250 bill credits
Oct 13, 2014
208 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered a navy s20 fe in the last hour possible to get the free activity tracker and just got the package. If anyone missed out on the deal and lives in Toronto, let me know. I fixed my current phone's battery issue and likely won't be needing the s20 fe...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
Axar10 wrote: Samsung is claiming to have delays in send me return shipping labels.. Two's days in a row I had to request return shipping labels and they are still not here. Matter of fact my return request wasn't even entered and I had to do it the 2nd time and now i'm not even sure they are processing it. Might have to check up again in a day or so. Anyway if you're returning then don't wait too long.
Keep us posted. I initiated a return today, and they said there is a technical error with their way bill system that is causing delays, so it could take longer than 24-48 hours to receive the email from FedEx with the way bill.
Planning to re-order it next week, before the trade-in credit expires, and based on what I read about the issue being resolved or not.
Public Mobile
Dec 10, 2017
14 posts
7 upvotes
Oatmeal wrote: Keep us posted. I initiated a return today, and they said there is a technical error with their way bill system that is causing delays, so it could take longer than 24-48 hours to receive the email from FedEx with the way bill.
Planning to re-order it next week, before the trade-in credit expires, and based on what I read about the issue being resolved or not.
Today they said the same thing (delay in label), my trade in label however came in instantly.... I actually ordered the 2nd one with trade in last friday so it's already here today. I suppose trade is still in the picture for couple of weeks so waiting is not a bad idea. On a side now, the eVoucher for galaxy fit2 or uv + charger is not there in members benefits anymore. So that's that and top of that the screen issue with 2nd phone is still there; still not as severe or have any real use implications yet (I dont game anyway)
May 14, 2007
124 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered mine on Oct 15th just before midnight and received my phone yesterday (October 21st). Very happy with it so far.
Anyone has recommendation on which phone case to buy?
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
786 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
ronnroz wrote: I ordered mine on Oct 15th just before midnight and received my phone yesterday (October 21st). Very happy with it so far.
Anyone has recommendation on which phone case to buy?
I see more cases showing on amazon, have a look you might find something you like.
https://www.amazon.ca/Kensou-Samsung-Sh ... cs&sr=1-18

I got this and a screen protector as well. I like these two combination, case is light but has protection, the screen protector fits perfectly and has a guide when installing.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08K8R ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08JCS ... UTF8&psc=1
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
786 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
piggchop wrote: Update on my phone:

Able to replicate the same as the video. Not going to return it as it only breaks gaming for me.
Just like you I have the same issue as in the video but in real world situation I don't notice it, did the two finger pinch with a picture and it looks fine. I will be keeping mine with the hope that a permanent fix for everyone is on the way via a patch. I don't game on my phone, maybe I should try it and see if it's any worst.