Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Pre-order the Samsung S20 FE and get bonus UV Sanitizer OR Galaxy Fit2 + 125 Air Miles

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 2:25 am
Tags:

Poll: What colour did you get?

• Total votes: 75. You have voted on this poll.
Navy

44%
Lavender

8%
Mint

9%
Red

15%
Orange

9%
White

15%

Poll ended at Nov 5th, 2020 6:42 am

[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
794 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
ronnroz wrote: Exactly, I noticed the same and so holding off on ordering a case for now. Meanwhile, I went by the local flea market ( No, they don't have fleas there Smiling Face With Open Mouth ) and looked around and didn't find any that would fit my phone properly.
Ringke case is now available on amazon, here's the link. I just ordered one, not much left.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08KTM ... 5b129fdd73
May 26, 2020
56 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks. I just ordered one. Was beginning to give up hope of finding a case for the FE. I love the Ringke cases. The smoke black hasn't yellowed on my other phone.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
794 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Check your phone for Oct 1 patch, just installed mine.

Screenshot_20201027-111445_Software update.jpg
Apr 10, 2011
254 posts
32 upvotes
Got the update also. Did the test after that. I would say it has improved, but not totally fixed.

According to Samsung Korea (saw that on XDA) the issue is the way the panel is made, so normal behavior when fingers are close to each other.

But again, on a daily normal use I don't see any problem. Also did light gaming, did not find any problem.

I use tempered glass so maybe the touch screen is less sensible...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1084 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
rajojomanik wrote: Check your phone for Oct 1 patch, just installed mine.
Sweeet! Finally! Thanks for the heads up!
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797.49. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466.75. 20:13W-8234.04

Selling: Twin Mattress For Sale
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
After the October firmware update, plus the two following updates (ATJ1, ATJ5), there is mention of a third update....see the posts below and this link to xda forums for the source. The poster is in Australia, so could be some time before Canada sees the third update, considering Canada is just getting the Oct firmware update now. The improvements look promising.

Update: looks like according to some posters on reddit, Canada is getting the ATJ5 update, so looks like they combined it with the early Oct update that everyone else received by itself.

Originally Posted by olegaku 26th October 2020, 10:18 PM |#80
S20 FE (SM-G781B) In Australia on Optus here, had ATIG from day one - definitely had issues with ghost touching, etc
I've since updated to ATJ5 (Manually, Australian carriers are notorious for slow updates) - things have definitely improved, the response is better but not 100% and I am still getting the criss-cross pattern on the Touch Screen Test app.

Basically, on ATJ5 it's at the point where if I didn't know about this issue from Forums and testing using the app, I probably wouldn't have noticed it. But I can't un-know the issue in the product that I paid decent $ for - especially moving from Mate 20 Pro where screen response was impeccable.

On a side note, browsing the Samsung update server I've come across ATJ6 for the Chinese version,
SM-G7810/TGY
Maybe it's another fix that is to be released soon for SM-G781B

Originally Posted by olegaku Today, 02:41 AM |#95
Apparently firmware is coming this Friday (at least that's what Optus told me). I am sort of in the same boat, but S20 FE is the only Samsung phone on the Australian market with S865 (no counting Fold).
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Oct 27, 2020
1 posts
I did the touch screen test on mine. Got alot of the x finger ghost touches when I alternated fingers.

Haven't had any glaring glitches while using the phone, but I've only had it for about a week.

Not sure if I should return it or exchange it. I wont use it for gaming really.

I'll contact samsung and see what they say about an exchange.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
794 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for suggestions on a full screen glass protector. I got the unique me ones and they are good but does not cover the full screen.
Dec 11, 2008
60 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
rajojomanik wrote: Looking for suggestions on a full screen glass protector. I got the unique me ones and they are good but does not cover the full screen.
Use the samsung A51 glass screen protector. Fits perfectly!!!
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
794 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
utrkos wrote: Use the samsung A51 glass screen protector. Fits perfectly!!!
Do you mind providing a link to the one you used please.
Aug 16, 2009
197 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
I got mine two days ago, immediately received the ATJ5 update and installed it.
Installed the test app and found I could easily get ghost touches by swiping fingers on each side of the screen randomly.
It does look like its more of an issue when fingers are closer together, as it much easier to get ghost touches when in portrait vs landscape.

I guess how much it will affect you will really depend on how you use the phone, and even depends what game. This can affect you when using two finger typing, and stuff like pinch to zoom. I'm pretty sure I read on one of the forums where someone said it was affecting them when typing.
For me today, I was trying to use two finger to rotate in google maps and it was glitching out and refusing to.

Looks like this is a hardware fault and they are now trying to mitigate it with software.
I am very likely going to return this, such a shame, it's a really great phone at this price. If it didn't have this touchscreen fault and had better haptic/vibrate this would have been a true flagship killer.