• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2017 10:55 am
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1136 posts
1128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Luyuan20 wrote: iOS has adblocking without root/compromising device security
It's a smartphone that lasts, even the 5 year old iPhone 4S is supported in iOS 9. Can you name an android phone supported for even half that time?
Can you iMessage on android? Or browse the web without ads?
Android OS is terrible. Even MM's improvements drain the battery, with Android OS always being the second largest battery drain just behind display.
How ironic, Apple just announced they will be bringing ads to App Store.
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_announces ... -18722.php
Mar 7, 2011
78 posts
11 upvotes
Just phoned metrotown store and they told me SD card is out of stock so you can only get a headphone now. Deal cooled down.
Jul 18, 2015
227 posts
364 upvotes
Traded in a few days ago at the Metrotown location (Vancouver, BC). Just letting you know that they accept any phone, even old flip ones.

I traded in a Motorola razr without box or charger, they did not even check to see that it worked.

Also, their attitude is absolutely terrible (except when offering their extended warranty), it felt like I was bringing them a big inconvenience by purchasing a $1000 device.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10875 posts
5113 upvotes
piacia wrote: Just phoned metrotown store and they told me SD card is out of stock so you can only get a headphone now. Deal cooled down.
They are not doing a substitute for something else instead of the memcard?
cluie29 wrote: Traded in a few days ago at the Metrotown location (Vancouver, BC). Just letting you know that they accept any phone, even old flip ones.

I traded in a Motorola razr without box or charger, they did not even check to see that it worked.

Also, their attitude is absolutely terrible (except when offering their extended warranty), it felt like I was bringing them a big inconvenience by purchasing a $1000 device.
When i did a cell phone kiosk not samsung store for the mothers day promo i brought in old flip phone and nokia bar phone from many years ago neither turned on nor had chargers and we were given 175 each.
Aug 18, 2009
362 posts
159 upvotes
Barrie
Has anyone tried doing this through one of the listed retailers ie telus store? Samsung says additional $125, plus the usual $100 for $225 total, but Telus website says $200 so wondering what people have gotten from places other than Samsung store.
Jan 22, 2011
123 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
cluie29 wrote: Traded in a few days ago at the Metrotown location (Vancouver, BC). Just letting you know that they accept any phone, even old flip ones.

That was also the worst customer service that I have seen for such an expensive item from the store manager to the tiny and skinny sales girl in the Metrotown store. I would not want to go back there if I do not have to. Too bad for Samsung.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5163 posts
2684 upvotes
Northside
For those of you who are with Telus - there is $200 trade in offer.

Both the S7 and S7 E are $300.

$300 - $200(trade in) = $100.

If you speak to retention, they'll probably apply a $50 - $100 credit.
Apr 22, 2009
227 posts
150 upvotes
Ontario
norstar wrote: That was also the worst customer service that I have seen for such an expensive item from the store manager to the tiny and skinny sales girl in the Metrotown store. I would not want to go back there if I do not have to. Too bad for Samsung.
If you get it from telus is the 100$ off immediate or do you have to submit a receipt for that as well as the headphones?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3561 posts
3135 upvotes
Toronto
It's a smartphone that lasts, even the 5 year old iPhone 4S is supported in iOS 9. Can you name an android phone supported for even half that time?
Android OS is terrible. Even MM's improvements drain the battery, with Android OS always being the second largest battery drain just behind display.
using imessage as an argument point is weak and useless. anyhow, it is coming to android, but i dont see the point
http://www.gsmarena.com/vague_rumor_cla ... -18744.php
Aug 18, 2009
362 posts
159 upvotes
Barrie
From what the telus rep told me, this is the breakdown. $200 off the phone plus the value of the phone you are trading in ex BBQ10 would be $30 for total of $230. Plus they give you a receipt with a code and web link. Go to the link and put in your code and info for the headphones, they are sent to you afterwards.
Oct 13, 2008
746 posts
429 upvotes
Mississauga
Are they still honoring the 100$ off (father's day offer) plus 125$ trade-in offer at the Samsung Store at Sherway Gardens lately along with the free Bluetooth headphones? Can anyone confirm who has been to the store recently. Thanks.
Apr 22, 2009
227 posts
150 upvotes
Ontario
Tango013 wrote: From what the telus rep told me, this is the breakdown. $200 off the phone plus the value of the phone you are trading in ex BBQ10 would be $30 for total of $230. Plus they give you a receipt with a code and web link. Go to the link and put in your code and info for the headphones, they are sent to you afterwards.
Would you still get the additional 100 off from the Samsung fathers day promo as well?
Dec 9, 2001
336 posts
75 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
Why would I want to use iMessage, even if I had an iPhone?? iMessage only works with iPhones. There are tons of other messaging apps which are more universal.
Also, why is Luyuan20 bringing up an app anyways? Not like it's any superior to the other apps (WhatsApp, FB messenger, etc). iMessage requires data, like any other messaging app, but is actually more limiting since you cannot message others.

Android uses more battery, because the OS is more open and flexible; it lets things run in the background. That said, the new s7Edge has a feature that turns off background apps you have not used recently. I find the battery lasts me at least as much as my wife's iPhone 6Plus (I know its not a great compare because of different usage styles, but still one data-point). None of my older android phones had a comparable battery life.

I'm very happy with s7Edge's battery. It easily lasts me a whole work day without recharging, which includes 2 hours of GPS usage in car (WAZE), 60+ minutes of gaming & browsing usage on LTE, social networking running in the background (FB, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, multiple email accounts), all features ON (WiFi, Bluetooth, etc) and a high brightness setting (80-100%). Isn't the bright vibrant screen great?

If I am going out in the evening, I sometimes charge it in the office. I haven't had a full day of heavy usage yet.
Aug 18, 2009
362 posts
159 upvotes
Barrie
Rapsfan,

This is what I'm not sure of, the Samsung website doesn't do a very good job of explaining the additional fathers day credit and how it works. My guess is likely no, otherwise that would be a pretty ridiculous offer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5155 posts
2101 upvotes
why do you even waste time on this thread if you're just going to be an iSheep. i'm not even a google fanboy (owned the iP4, 4S and 6+) but to humour you...

1. Adblock browser for android. No root.
2. nexus 5 is marshmallow supported, 3 years old.
3. why would people need to iMessage on android when more people are using Android phones than iPhones (rumours even have it that Apple might release iMessage to Android). just use whatsapp.
4. why does it matter that the OS is the 2nd biggest battery drain? there are plenty of Android devices that outlast the iPhone 6+