Cell Phones

Which Samsung s20 did you buy or plan on buying?

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 1:09 pm

Poll: Which Samsung s20 version did you buy?

  • Total votes: 110. You have voted on this poll.
s20
 
13
12%
s20+
 
11
10%
s20 ultra
 
29
26%
Iphone rules
 
9
8%
over priced junk
 
48
44%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3050 posts
701 upvotes
Vaughan

Which Samsung s20 did you buy or plan on buying?

Just wondering which version are you guys/gals are buying?
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
74 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3050 posts
701 upvotes
Vaughan
I purchased just the regular s20 in cloud blue. I currently use an s8. Skipped the s9, was considering the s10 last year, but didn't commit. So Its a no brainer, so i had to buy the s20. I went for the regular version, because i don't like bigger phones. Too big for my pockets with bigger phones. The regular s20 looks like its just a tad bit bigger than my current s8, which is fine by me. Nor do care for a 100mp camera, i own a full frame mirrorless camera. Cell phone photos are too important to me. I also hopped on this, because it comes with the galaxy buds +, but i'll probably sell them, since i have jaybird vista's already.

The official release date is March 6th. My estimated ship date is March 3rd. Does anyone know how well Samsung does in terms of shipping dates. So for example, I've purchased iphones in the past, and have received my phones on the actual shipping day. I've always received my phone the day of the estimated ship date when i purchased iphones in the past. Last iphone i bought had an estimate shipping date of Sept 21st, and received it on that day. Anybody have experience on this with Samsung? how good are they with estimating the actual shipping date. More important, do you receive the phone the day or estimated shipping day?

I'm only asking because I actually leaving for a trip to Australia on March 4th @ 1am. Hopefully i get my phone on March 3rd, if not, I'll come home to a shiny new phone after a 3 week vacay.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Sr. Member
May 21, 2008
752 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
I was really hoping to buy new S phone after S9+ but the price is real shock. I guess I will be waiting few months to get used one Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 23, 2008
5552 posts
1346 upvotes
Milton
phuviano wrote: I purchased just the regular s20 in cloud blue.
What freebies did you also get for pre-ordering the S20?

bestbuy has the buds+ / 128gb sd card / wireless qi pad included on their website for s20 preorders
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3050 posts
701 upvotes
Vaughan
spena wrote: What freebies did you also get for pre-ordering the S20?

bestbuy has the buds+ / 128gb sd card / wireless qi pad included on their website for s20 preorders
Wow, didn't realize that. Thanks for that info.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Newbie
Jul 2, 2015
32 posts
44 upvotes
Dartmouth
These prices are getting ridiculous.

You can get a nice ultrabook for around what they are asking for a flagship phone today.
Newbie
Jul 2, 2015
32 posts
44 upvotes
Dartmouth
phuviano wrote: I purchased just the regular s20 in cloud blue. I currently use an s8. Skipped the s9, was considering the s10 last year, but didn't commit. So Its a no brainer, so i had to buy the s20. I went for the regular version, because i don't like bigger phones. Too big for my pockets with bigger phones. The regular s20 looks like its just a tad bit bigger than my current s8, which is fine by me. Nor do care for a 100mp camera, i own a full frame mirrorless camera. Cell phone photos are too important to me. I also hopped on this, because it comes with the galaxy buds +, but i'll probably sell them, since i have jaybird vista's already.

The official release date is March 6th. My estimated ship date is March 3rd. Does anyone know how well Samsung does in terms of shipping dates. So for example, I've purchased iphones in the past, and have received my phones on the actual shipping day. I've always received my phone the day of the estimated ship date when i purchased iphones in the past. Last iphone i bought had an estimate shipping date of Sept 21st, and received it on that day. Anybody have experience on this with Samsung? how good are they with estimating the actual shipping date. More important, do you receive the phone the day or estimated shipping day?

I'm only asking because I actually leaving for a trip to Australia on March 4th @ 1am. Hopefully i get my phone on March 3rd, if not, I'll come home to a shiny new phone after a 3 week vacay.

I only switched from a s8 to a s9 because of a boxing day deal, Got a better plan, sold my s8, got a s9 and a $300 gift card. Came out ahead like 800 bucks.

I feel the price of the S20 is getting too greedy. Getting much too close to a nice ultrabook now in pricing. And my S9 works just as good as the day I bought it.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1922 posts
1239 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Im gonna get the S20 Ultra in 2022.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
5131 posts
1177 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
May be yes if I can get it free with no changes on my plan. If not I will go for another Samsung A71.
Currently using S9+ and A70 both are great phone.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5822 posts
1482 upvotes
People can't afford to pay rent but buy $2000 phones. It's mind blowing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5716 posts
1845 upvotes
I always get the top Samsung flagship (S9+, Note 9, S10+, Note 10+) but I think I will pass on the Ultra, prices really are getting insane, even for a phone enthusiast like myself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5656 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote: I always get the top Samsung flagship (S9+, Note 9, S10+, Note 10+) but I think I will pass on the Ultra, prices really are getting insane, even for a phone enthusiast like myself.
I think Apple is to blame - their profit shrinking so they are trying to maximize what their loyalist are willing to pay - at least Samsung is trying to justify it. Seriously, Apple isn't even trying
For Sale:
  • Powerful Constant Lights for Events / Photography
Newbie
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
iPhone doesn't rule but i had to pick up the iphone 11 after returning the Note 10+ for it's throttled 380 nit indoor brightness. Glad i did.

I'm not paying more for a phone than my laptop (Surface 3).
Newbie
Feb 14, 2017
20 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I went for the Samsung S20 Ultra 5G in 512 GB, after owning Apple products for years... Apple really has dropped the ball lately.

EDIT: ordered mine from Best Buy, to get the SD card/wireless charger bundle; my delivery says March 9th... not sure why, since the phone launches on March 6th (the Friday)... are there really that many preorders for the device, or is it just an estimate?
Last edited by bsnider001 on Feb 20th, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additional details
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
18289 posts
2149 upvotes
Woodbridge
Go big or go home. Ultra.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Top