[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
369 upvotes
Brampton

Samsung s8 - Koodo- 504$ large tab - Updated to 100$ prepaid card

Deal Link:
Update Dec 27th - Prepaid card is 200$ and Trade in credit is 100$ - Deal Dead.
Update Dec 28th - Prepaid card is 100$ and Trade in credit is 100$.

Good luck if you can find one in stock !

Hot deal imo.

Breakdown in Ontario:

15$ for sim card.
0 down
504 on Koodo Large Tab
150$ gift card.

15 + 504 + 13 %HST = 586.47 - 150 gift card = 436.47$

Additionally, you can use referral credits and any tab credits (if any).

Remember RFD rule: You cannot ask for referral through forum posts. Mods may give you an infraction.
Last edited by ambujakshi on Dec 23rd, 2017 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Thread Summary
robfun wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 4:27 pm
My previous post is quite a ways back now. Here it is with some updates. 

As of the 27th, the wow GC is now $200 with koodo. ‎

1. Find an old phone for trade in credit ($50). Phone does not have to be functional. Credit can be used against phone balance (but there is none for S8) and to buy required SIM card and some accessories like a case. Some report being able to use it to lower their tab. YMMV ‎

2. If you plan on staying with koodo, then find a friend for a referral. They need to enter your email and/or phone # which will send you a link where you need to enter their info. if you stay for somewhere b/w 15 days to 3 months, you'll both get a $25 (or whatever) credit.‎

3. Find a wow mobile spot that still has samsung s8s in stock with koodo and go there. ‎

4. Sign up for the deal on tab large. There are some diff options, which vary in price by province. Pick cheapest (~$74 as of 2017).‎ No credit check if you have an existing koodo line. There should be a hard credit check if you're a new customer. YMMV? Respecting other deal-seekers, use a real sounding story and not something like "I'm going to resell them on kijiji". Consider being honest and offer to stay however many months they need to get commission via seasonal hold. 

The cancellation terms should not mention the activation bonus or prorated charges. "You can cancel your service at any time. If you cancel your service before paying your tab, or if koodo terminates the agreement in accordance with the service terms, any tab balance becomes immediately due and payable. All other charges owing to koodo for use of the service will remain due upon termination of this agreement."

5. To decrease the tax to 5%, change the phone number to an alberta one. Switch the location of the self-serve page to AB. "select the option to "port in an existing number". You could try this at sign up, but may have issues verifying yourself. YMMV. You may need to wait 24 hours to change. YMMV. You shouldnt have to set your mailing address to an AB one.‎
https://secure.koodomobile.com/sso/UI/L ... Change.do‎
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/changi ... ne-number‎

6a. Option: cancel.‎
Call koodo a few hours later and ask to cancel plan. Make sure you ask to "cancel" and not to "pay off tab". Someone said it was 1.5 hours to get through by phone on dec 23rd. Lots of people reporting that there is no clawback on the gift card. Make sure in the phone conversation they confirm the total amount due. Some reports of CSRs trying to get people to repay an extra $500+ activation bonus.  Respecting other deal-seekers, try to use a real-sounding story instead of just "I'm just screwing you". ‎

6b. Option: Port to another carrier.‎
Bell, Fido or Virgin prepaid, free to $10 for a SIM and no top up needed to get a plan rolling. Free at apple store. YMMV. Bell sim on ebay for $1-3. Virgin reported at $10. "Porting to Bell prepaid does not require to top up. You can choose to manually top later after port.. but you don't."
With the new provider, just do a port of the number and it will automatically cancel with koodo. ‎

6c. Option: Wait 3 months and cancel. With seasonal hold.
This gets the rep their commission. They'll be more apt to work with you again. You can switch to a seasonal hold with koodo for the 3 months (~$15/month?). If you had a $25 referral, then that covers half the service cost.
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keepin ... travelling

7. Wait for bill to arrive and then pay it off when it arrives. Koodo does paperless billing. Reportedly takes about a month for bill to arrive.  Should show in your self-serve even if you cancelled. ‎

8. Accessories. 
If you're getting a case and also want a screen protector, then tempered glass that is flat (not rounded) has been recommended.

Price matching:
A. The mobile shop. Seems to be providing 150K PC plus points. YMMV. But no trade in credit with koodo.‎
B. Wal-mart. YMMV - last report not price matching. They are currently offering $100 GC. Not sure about trade in with them. 
C. Best buy. BD is $100 GC for S8? YMMV? Not sure if that applies to koodo though. Or if they will price match. Or do trade-in.
1474 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4967 posts
1079 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Please add S&CD on the title.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14660 posts
5855 upvotes
Wow. That's an unreal deal on the S8.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Sep 2, 2017
20 posts
10 upvotes
Sorry if noob question as I know this has probably been asked multiple times before: even though it says "On a 2 year Tab Medium plan", you can sign up, get the phone and the prepaid credit card, then cancel 1 day after? Without clawback or other issues?
Last edited by splatapus on Dec 23rd, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
12149 posts
2039 upvotes
London
SickBeast wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 9:50 am
Wow. That's an unreal deal on the S8.
expect to see alot of this. The S9 is being unveiled in 2 months. There will be lots of killer deals on the S8 between now and then
Dec 13, 2017
4 posts
8 upvotes
Wow Mobile has the Samsung S8 available on a Koodo Tab Large again for $0 and you get a $150 prepaid MC. Total savings of $681.

You have to pay for three months of Koodo service before you can cancel and only pay the 504 Tab balance. But the GC does help with the balance of that.

The LG G6 is also $0 on a Tab Medium so only a $360 tab.
Nov 12, 2016
420 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone tell me what do I have to do to get this step by step ....this is hot for sure ...
Nov 14, 2014
354 posts
147 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Is there a reliable root available for Canadian version of S8?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
12149 posts
2039 upvotes
London
SumeetJ918740 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 9:56 am
Can someone tell me what do I have to do to get this step by step ....this is hot for sure ...
Go to store.. sign up... get phone and gift card... call support to cancel. If they refuse, port the number to another carrier on a BYOP plan and then cancel.
May 19, 2015
288 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this the boxing day deal? And what's the min large plan?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1020 posts
905 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is unreal. S9 is not going to be a huge improvement so S8 for about $400 (depending where you live) is ridiculous.
Koodo $40 8GB
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
12149 posts
2039 upvotes
London
SureshA720227 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 10:05 am
This is unreal. S9 is not going to be a huge improvement so S8 for about $400 (depending where you live) is ridiculous.
I don't know what makes you think the S9 wont be a huge improvement. It will have a drastically improved CPU, camera, and finger print reader + whatever else they throw in.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14660 posts
5855 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 10:10 am
I don't know what makes you think the S9 wont be a huge improvement. It will have a drastically improved CPU, camera, and finger print reader + whatever else they throw in.
I expect it to have a full body display like the iPhone X. Same thing with the LG G7.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Jan 5, 2006
141 posts
239 upvotes
Hamilton
What do you have to pay for the plan if you cancel immediately?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1020 posts
905 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Viper98 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 10:10 am
S9 will have a better CPU (SD 845/Exynos 9810) based on Cortex-A75 but the under-screen fingerprint scanner won't make it to S9 as per rumours and renders (one huge upgrade IMO). Also S9 will have a single camera which is not an improvement (S9+ will). But if they implement Sony IMX 380 sensor with Pixel 2's tricks then only it will be an upgrade on the S9.
Koodo $40 8GB