Expired Hot Deals

Samsung

Samsung Canada 20% off mobile devices (EPP Venngo)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 9:26 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2017
1098 posts
1280 upvotes
Kitchener
There is a secret way to get access for free without working at anywhere specific, don't tell anyone:

Canadian tire world elite mastercard.. Not the card itself, but the fact it also gives you CT roadside assistance gold free. Once you apply for that , you get perkopolis, and thus these kind of corp access deals. Exact same portal, 20% off most devices.

Though I wanted the new S6 lite tablet, and that's not in the corp store yet. Next best one S5e, out of stock, meh.

Settled on the brand new A 8.4 LTE.... But no discount offered on that anyways lol. Can't win.

But finally samsung is making tablets that aren't garbage with over 2GB of ram at a reasonable price, so things are getting better. After like what, a 5+ year dominance of the nvidia shield tablet?
Banned
User avatar
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2483 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Yes but it's the continuous, ridiculous price increases that worry me, especially that people who are so desperate to have the top Android phone on the market are willing to pay so much. Even Linus Sebastian's review of it is titled "Please don't buy this phone".

For a good bit less than that, I ordered both a Xiaomi Mi 10 and a Huawei P40 from AliExpress, for my wife and me, and these two will have an equivalent or slightly better camera. And even I find that this was too much money.
How do you intend to use it without google play store?
Member
Apr 20, 2011
258 posts
193 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
Eleventeen wrote: There is a secret way to get access for free without working at anywhere specific, don't tell anyone:

Canadian tire world elite mastercard.. Not the card itself, but the fact it also gives you CT roadside assistance gold free. Once you apply for that , you get perkopolis, and thus these kind of corp access deals. Exact same portal, 20% off most devices.

Though I wanted the new S6 lite tablet, and that's not in the corp store yet. Next best one S5e, out of stock, meh.

Settled on the brand new A 8.4 LTE.... But no discount offered on that anyways lol. Can't win.

But finally samsung is making tablets that aren't garbage with over 2GB of ram at a reasonable price, so things are getting better. After like what, a 5+ year dominance of the nvidia shield tablet?
How do you get access to perkopolis through the roadside assistance gold?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 29, 2003
7097 posts
3154 upvotes
GTA
kangarooz wrote: Probably will be $600 BNIB in 3 months, just wait a bit.
A funny guy that lives in his own world :)

Count me in for 5000 pieces when that happens (in our world), quickest way to make a million.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1934 posts
665 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: $200 was on top of 20% off
I was scammed thr last time I did the samsung trade in. There was a scratch on the edge of my iphone I've traded in and they only gave me $25 instead of $200 when you mailed it in. This might be different but I cant trust samsung again for trade in
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1475 posts
996 upvotes
jon604 wrote: I was scammed thr last time I did the samsung trade in. There was a scratch on the edge of my iphone I've traded in and they only gave me $25 instead of $200 when you mailed it in. This might be different but I cant trust samsung again for trade in
No this is actually a $200 off ANY phone applied before you pay for anything. So actually, a lot of us didn't even send in a phone.
Member
Dec 23, 2007
343 posts
165 upvotes
notnow17 wrote: No this is actually a $200 off ANY phone applied before you pay for anything. So actually, a lot of us didn't even send in a phone.
I still see this phone trade in thingy when I go through Perkopolis. You mean they give $200 for any phone in this deal too???
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by L4cky "not haven't checked the dipstick, pretty cold at this moment at 5 am, lol but I don't even know how... lol"
george__ Oh my. -_-"[/QUOTE] lulz :razz: :lol: :razz:
Sr. Member
Nov 21, 2017
984 posts
720 upvotes
Surrey BC
Poutinesauce wrote: $1849.99 for the 128 GB Samsung S20 Ultra. With tax it's more than $2100 in most provinces. For a phone that will get outdated in a year!

Please do not encourage this, because they are only going to charge more and more if people keep buying them.
So you mad cuz you didn't pull the trigger on the recent SPC and 200 bucks off deal.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
164 posts
177 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: Probably will be $600 BNIB in 3 months, just wait a bit.
I highly doubt it would get to $600 BNIB in 3 months for the S20 Ultra. Samsung still has the S10 BNIB on their site for $979. (Plus 20% off).
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
11730 posts
4473 upvotes
So far so good with my S20.

Really happy with it. Highly recommended.
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2013
357 posts
604 upvotes
British Columbia
Thanks OP. But wow, their accessory section is horrid. Half of it is OOS and they dont even carry the Wireless Charger Duo
Jr. Member
Dec 11, 2008
170 posts
48 upvotes
c4ndl3burn3r wrote: I still see this phone trade in thingy when I go through Perkopolis. You mean they give $200 for any phone in this deal too???
It was $200 off extra on top of whatever your trade-in value was. It expired at the end of last month though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2013
2831 posts
1831 upvotes
Moon
cy wrote: A funny guy that lives in his own world :)

Count me in for 5000 pieces when that happens (in our world), quickest way to make a million.
3 months in it will 6 months into its life cycle, you can see how much the S10+ were selling for last year, + COVID-19 + poor sales.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6863 posts
2861 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: Probably will be $600 BNIB in 3 months, just wait a bit.
While I agree that Samsung/Android phones depreciate in value a lot, the S10+, which launched over 1 yr ago, is still not $600 BNIB, not even on RFD/FB/Kijiji. Note 10+, which launched in Aug, almost 1 yr ago, BNIB is still going for $1000 or more on Kijiji. Even at $1000, I would be worried about it being blacklisted later on. S20 Ultra pricing is ridiculous even to phone enthusiasts like me
Penalty Box
User avatar
Aug 29, 2012
8180 posts
7236 upvotes
HP_John wrote: While I agree that Samsung/Android phones depreciate in value a lot, the S10+, which launched over 1 yr ago, is still not $600 BNIB, not even on RFD/FB/Kijiji. Note 10+, which launched in Aug, almost 1 yr ago, BNIB is still going for $1000 or more on Kijiji. Even at $1000, I would be worried about it being blacklisted later on. S20 Ultra pricing is ridiculous even to phone enthusiasts like me
Especially when you see that Xiaomi and Huawei, which have phones whose cameras and battery are neck and neck with the Ultra, with OnePlus not far behind. And their phones cost significantly less, sometimes almost half.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1475 posts
996 upvotes
Crazy how people still don't understand the concept of buying low (on sale) and selling before depreciation.

I spend on average $70 per phone upgrade (net cost) and I am ALWAYS on the latest Samsung flagship (S -> Note -> S -> Note) since the first Galaxy phone that was released almost 10 years ago. The average would have been much lower if phones in general did not get substantially more expensive in the past 2 years, middle tier phones bumping from $400 to $700 and high end phones bumping from $900 to $1200.

Whereas you have people buying flagships and keeping it until they are worth $300 about 3 years later and spend another whopping $1000 net on the next flagship.

Then you have those who keep buying low end phones that becomes basically worthless and repeatedly spends $600 net on a crappy "does its job" phone every 3 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1475 posts
996 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Especially when you see that Xiaomi and Huawei, which have phones whose cameras and battery are neck and neck with the Ultra, with OnePlus not far behind. And their phones cost significantly less, sometimes almost half.
OnePlus 8 pro (in a non-ugly colour) costs more than the S20 ultra during the better sale.

Why do luxury goods exist? Because some people can easily afford it.

You can't tell someone to buy a Hyundai instead of a Mercedes because they both get you from point A to point B.
Member
Dec 23, 2011
236 posts
132 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I got brand new S20+ Otterbox cases, 25$ each. If anyone interested. I purchased 2 otterboxes but returned the phone and got the Ultra instead, and 14 days return period expired from bestbuy.

they go for 29.99$ + tax at bestbuy, ill give it for 25$ each.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ot ... k/14405128
Sr. Member
Jan 13, 2012
516 posts
563 upvotes
Vancouver
notnow17 wrote: Crazy how people still don't understand the concept of buying low (on sale) and selling before depreciation.

I spend on average $70 per phone upgrade (net cost) and I am ALWAYS on the latest Samsung flagship (S -> Note -> S -> Note) since the first Galaxy phone that was released almost 10 years ago. The average would have been much lower if phones in general did not get substantially more expensive in the past 2 years, middle tier phones bumping from $400 to $700 and high end phones bumping from $900 to $1200.

Whereas you have people buying flagships and keeping it until they are worth $300 about 3 years later and spend another whopping $1000 net on the next flagship.

Then you have those who keep buying low end phones that becomes basically worthless and repeatedly spends $600 net on a crappy "does its job" phone every 3 years.
Any tips on how to do that with Samsung phones? I had the exact same strategy with Iphones when I was in school, but grew tired of ios and feeling like papa Apple was just letting me do things in their preapproved way (hard to explain through words, but the smoothness comes at a deep cost). I got an S10 in December for $0 on contract before they killed subsidies, but don't know where to go from here.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)