Expired Hot Deals

Samsung

Samsung Canada 20% off mobile devices (EPP Venngo)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 9:26 am
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3151 posts
790 upvotes
Alberta
This is annoying. Samsung cancelled my order, so I talked to them and they said to try again. Tried again - surprise, order cancelled again.
[OP]
Jun 13, 2017
162 posts
175 upvotes
scouzer wrote: This is annoying. Samsung cancelled my order, so I talked to them and they said to try again. Tried again - surprise, order cancelled again.
Did they give you a reason? Sent the deal to one of my friends and he was able to place the order successfully yesterday with the 20% off. (maybe i should ask him to check if it got cancelled)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1473 posts
992 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: Any tips on how to do that with Samsung phones? I had the exact same strategy with Iphones when I was in school, but grew tired of ios and feeling like papa Apple was just letting me do things in their preapproved way (hard to explain through words, but the smoothness comes at a deep cost). I got an S10 in December for $0 on contract before they killed subsidies, but don't know where to go from here.
S10 is already kinda late, but someone out there will probably buy it for ~$700 right now. You basically MUST go from S to Note to S to Note... repeatedly. The schedule Samsung releases S and Notes is actually the core of this strategy.

You have roughly 1 month after the successor (S20) of your phone (S10) comes out to get rid of it without losing over 20%. 12 months after successor releases and you'll be losing 30-45%. But this is where the depreciation usually stops for about half a year before it goes way down to a 60% loss. Then it stops for almost a year and then 70-75% loss.
Mar 14, 2017
430 posts
896 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Especially when you see that Xiaomi and Huawei, which have phones whose cameras and battery are neck and neck with the Ultra, with OnePlus not far behind. And their phones cost significantly less, sometimes almost half.
Because they're sending all your info to the Chinese government, who certainly subsidizes these companies in exchange for unlimited flow of information
Jan 13, 2012
512 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
notnow17 wrote: S10 is already kinda late, but someone out there will probably buy it for ~$700 right now. You basically MUST go from S to Note to S to Note... repeatedly. The schedule Samsung releases S and Notes is actually the core of this strategy.

You have roughly 1 month after the successor (S20) of your phone (S10) comes out to get rid of it without losing over 20%. 12 months after successor releases and you'll be losing 30-45%. But this is where the depreciation usually stops for about half a year before it goes way down to a 60% loss. Then it stops for almost a year and then 70-75% loss.
Thanks for the tip, so basically I'd have sold my S10 in February, gotten a new (current/old) note, and the sold the note just as the new one was released, getting an s20 on sale and minimizing losses if I understand correctly?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7094 posts
3154 upvotes
GTA
kangarooz wrote: 3 months in it will 6 months into its life cycle, you can see how much the S10+ were selling for last year, + COVID-19 + poor sales.
S10+ went from $1200 to $400 in 6 months? Stop smoking those stuff in your hand.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1473 posts
992 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: Thanks for the tip, so basically I'd have sold my S10 in February, gotten a new (current/old) note, and the sold the note just as the new one was released, getting an s20 on sale and minimizing losses if I understand correctly?
Basically yes. However, Note 10/10+ sale was in November, so you would have sold the S10 earlier than that.
Penalty Box
Aug 29, 2012
8173 posts
7205 upvotes
corwal wrote: Because they're sending all your info to the Chinese government, who certainly subsidizes these companies in exchange for unlimited flow of information
Huawei and Xiaomi do not care that much about individual consumers. At any rate, with Xiaomi and OnePlus, rooting is very easy and the custom rom community is abundant.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3151 posts
790 upvotes
Alberta
Kijana wrote: Did they give you a reason? Sent the deal to one of my friends and he was able to place the order successfully yesterday with the 20% off. (maybe i should ask him to check if it got cancelled)
They don't know why it's being cancelled. They said to check my billing/shipping address, which of course is correct.

Great service...
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3151 posts
790 upvotes
Alberta
Well, tried ordering 4 times and talked to 4 agents. Nobody knows why Samsung is rejecting my order, and there is no appeals/investigation process.

Samsung customer service ladies and gentlemen...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2310 posts
499 upvotes
York
I ordered Buds+ a week ago when it showed instock. After a few days I chatted with a rep and they are on back-order until May 25th. It would be nice if they put that on their website.

I cancelled and went through TheSource EPP instead which shipped within 24 hours.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
[OP]
Jun 13, 2017
162 posts
175 upvotes
scouzer wrote: Well, tried ordering 4 times and talked to 4 agents. Nobody knows why Samsung is rejecting my order, and there is no appeals/investigation process.

Samsung customer service ladies and gentlemen...
Sorry to hear that man, my friend ordered the phone Wednesday and he just got it today via Fedex. I'm not sure why they are giving you the run around. Are you seeing the same discounted prices?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3151 posts
790 upvotes
Alberta
Kijana wrote: Sorry to hear that man, my friend ordered the phone Wednesday and he just got it today via Fedex. I'm not sure why they are giving you the run around. Are you seeing the same discounted prices?
Yep, I see the discounts
Dec 1, 2005
158 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON
Apparently the app is giving problems and cant order but thanks for the tip!