Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 $200 off w/ trade in

Aug 28, 2006
85 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
Called my local samsung store, still no ceramic white. Rep said there is 0 stock in canada still. anyone have white ceramic in canada yet?
I love lamp.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5100 posts
5322 upvotes
Neverhood wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:41 pm
I exchanged my S10 for the S10e. Very happy with the choice. Fingerprint scanner on the S10 was a mess, slow and inconsistent. S10e is better in every way for me, perfect size, no curve edges, great fingerprint scanner, all the extra features of the S10 I don't miss. One thing though: coming from an S7 with an extremely high PPI, small text on S10e very close to the eye doesn't look as sharp. Will get used to it though.
If you read around online, you start to see a trend. Power users and business users alike are swapping in their S10 for S10e and not looking back. I've already had a hands on with the slightly lower resolution 10e screen and it's brilliant.

Is it less sharp? It's hard to tell unless you go side by side and look really closely. The 10e (438ppi) has almost the same PPI as the iPhone X (458ppi) series of phones, and you don't hear folks complaining about the resolution on the latter. You can't resolve individual pixels which is my barometer.

The 10e fingerprint scanner is nearly flawless and one of the fastest readers ever. The 8GB / 256GB version with the Snapdragon 855 is a rock solid performance champ, and pushing slightly fewer pixels, it should also be faster than the S10 series.

The 10e is a no-brainer for everyone but photographers and media enthusiasts who love the largest screens.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48683 posts
14294 upvotes
And my wife and her friend would have never thought of changing the default resolution to the highest anyway on their S10+ :)

e bates.com doesn't work and I made the mistake of using paypal (could affect extended warranty with RBC Visa) so cancelled the order and will just go in-store today. Will phone in first to make sure 128GB white prism S10+ is available and if not will just have my wife drive to Sherway Garden (calling in first to confirm) to purchase a unit.

Too bad the dual GPS receiver in the SD855 isn't enabled in this series so no rush to get a 10e for myself.
Aeroplan Miles Points for Sale -- only 1.5 cents per mile
aeroplan-miles-points-sale-only-1-5-cen ... #p30504516
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1125 posts
207 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 8:37 am

Too bad the dual GPS receiver in the SD855 isn't enabled in this series so no rush to get a 10e for myself.
Someone's got it working.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Dec 14, 2018
51 posts
25 upvotes
Some info to help with the fingerprint scanner problem on the Samsung Galaxy S10.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
4927 posts
2389 upvotes
That guy's videos are more annoying than the fingerprint scanner. I returned my Galaxy S10 after less than a day. I was willing to accept the crappy, spyware Google and Samsung software because of the great hardware design, but can't accept that fingerprint scanner. I assume the only people who like it are either fanboys, or they never used a good fingerprint scanner.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5100 posts
5322 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:09 pm
That guy's videos are more annoying than the fingerprint scanner. I returned my Galaxy S10 after less than a day. I was willing to accept the crappy, spyware Google and Samsung software because of the great hardware design, but can't accept that fingerprint scanner. I assume the only people who like it are either fanboys, or they never used a good fingerprint scanner.
The Samsung S10e fingerprint scanner is excellent, and it's perfectly placed on the side... brilliant for right-handed individuals.

P.S. Thank you to RFD staff and administrators for fixing the login issue.

God bless.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Mar 15th, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17393 posts
1603 upvotes
Woodbridge
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:45 am
If you read around online, you start to see a trend. Power users and business users alike are swapping in their S10 for S10e and not looking back. I've already had a hands on with the slightly lower resolution 10e screen and it's brilliant.

Is it less sharp? It's hard to tell unless you go side by side and look really closely. The 10e (438ppi) has almost the same PPI as the iPhone X (458ppi) series of phones, and you don't hear folks complaining about the resolution on the latter. You can't resolve individual pixels which is my barometer.

The 10e fingerprint scanner is nearly flawless and one of the fastest readers ever. The 8GB / 256GB version with the Snapdragon 855 is a rock solid performance champ, and pushing slightly fewer pixels, it should also be faster than the S10 series.

The 10e is a no-brainer for everyone but photographers and media enthusiasts who love the largest screens.
I'll admit after seeing the reviews the10e it seems to be the logical choice.

I got $455 off the S10 so I'm happy. No issues with the Ultrasonic FPS.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48683 posts
14294 upvotes
With the number of returns, can't we just buy open boxes at the SES?

Heading there after work

Maybe someone can open one and return on the spot so I can purchase it for a slight discount?

finger print, size, face recognition, so many complaints when they've already been publicized before some made the purchase. they think their units will be any different?
Aeroplan Miles Points for Sale -- only 1.5 cents per mile
aeroplan-miles-points-sale-only-1-5-cen ... #p30504516
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5100 posts
5322 upvotes
There's a growing movement against the S10. The S10+ I get it because of the size, but I don't see the fascination with the S10 when the S10e is a vicious rival and lower cost.

FYI, the side fingerprint sensor also allows you to scroll the screen, something the S10 does not offer.

I've convinced a few business colleagues to go with the 10e already, saving them coin and providing added convenience.

For business and working professionals, this seems like the sensible choice.
Nov 6, 2009
102 posts
45 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:45 am

Most people wont tell a difference. However im near sighted and sometimes hold the phone really close to my eyes. In those instances, if theres small text for example, I can notice a slight decrease in sharpness. I coming from an S7 with a very high PPI though. The screen on the 10e is excellent nonetheless, great brightness and colours.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3362 posts
807 upvotes
Neverhood wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:02 am
Exactly what this phone needed, thanks!

I can't find it on the playstore. Where do you get the camera?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)