Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Jan 20, 2017
100 posts
42 upvotes
fancypantsfloyd wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 12:00 pm
Yes, but the post I quoted by @HP_John mentioned that trading in any phone can be topped up to $200.. where is the details for that? Don't they only give you $100 for s10e ($200 for others), plus the value of your trade-in?
That's correct. $200 for ANY phone plus the trade in value. It's not really worth trading in a phone worth any amount of money it's peanuts. You're better off finding a broken old phone that's worth zero. They'll take ANY old phone.
AKA Bum_Gravey. Not sure why I can't log in to that account anymore...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4042 posts
3707 upvotes
LooseMovements wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 12:19 pm
You still need to provide a phone for the $200 rebate. They'll send you a shipping bag to send it to them.
And if i dont, will they charge me ? People here posted that you dont have to send them a 0 dollars phone
Jan 20, 2017
100 posts
42 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 12:45 pm
And if i dont, will they charge me ? People here posted that you dont have to send them a 0 dollars phone
No clue really. I sent in an old junker I had so someone who didn't send in a phone would need to confirm.
Oct 11, 2016
336 posts
66 upvotes
Not sure if this has been discussed but try your best NOT to trade your phone in the store. Purchasing and doing everything online is the best option in my experience. I recently went through buying a S10 online. Returning it at the store so I could purchase the S10+

When you buy online, your trade-in is applied to the pre-tax price - so in essence you are truly saving $200+tax=$226. When you trade at the store, it's $200 after tax. Why is it different you ask? No one knows. Not even the Samsung Experience store. The employees shrug their shoulders because they also can't understand why it's different. This is not a knock to the employees - some of them are very knowledgeable and try their best to help you out.

In addition, when I bought the S10 online, my trade-in quote was higher through cloverwireless (S7 edge.) However, in the store, they do not use cloverwireless and you will get ripped off with a lower trade-in value. Again, no one knows why it's different. It just is. They'll make some excuse that online you are not guaranteed the quoted value. This is true - because of course cloverwireless quoted you based on the questions you answered. However, my phone was in EXCELLENT condition and was working fine. I've traded with samsung/clover wireless before and I know I would have gotten the full value they quoted.

Bottom line: go to the store, check the phone you like, and then do everything online if you can. I realized after that I could have easily shipped back the S10 for free and bought the S10+ online and would have saved more money in the long run. The Samsung Experience Store at Yorkdale did help me out though and I appreciate their support.

Another gripe: When I returned the S10 at the store, the Samsung Store didn't refund me Samsung Mobile Care. If you can believe it, I had to wait almost two weeks for a CHEQUE to be mailed to me from their 3rd party warranty company. Again, this didn't make sense to me. I returned the phone after 3 days, yet they couldn't refund my credit card for samsung care - only the phone. Remember - they billed me for Samsung Care when I bought the phone online. It was packaged in with the phone. Sending me a separate cheque is very annoying and time consuming.

I've realized that Samsung, in terms of customer service, is very disconnected and poorly managed.
Jan 20, 2017
100 posts
42 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 1:25 pm
so you can trade in any phone for $200?
Yes.

Best option from what was mentioned before is to get the SPC card for $10 plus provincial taxes ($11.30 total in Ontario). No student verification is needed and you can use the 10% discount code online and in store. Find an old junker of a phone for the $200 rebate. S10+ Prism Black 128GB is $1077.99 after rebates and pre-taxes.

Total Costs from ordering at Samsung Online

S10+ Prism Black 128GB: $1419.99
Trade-In Rebate: -$200
10% SPC Discount: -$142

Sub Total: $1077.99

ON Taxes: $140.14
SPC Card: $11.30

Total: $1229.43

Cost without discounts $1604.59
Total Savings: $375.16
Last edited by LooseMovements on Mar 29th, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10594 posts
10647 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 1:25 pm
so you can trade in any phone for $200?
Corporate won't do trade-ins. If you have over 20 or 25 lines it's a straight shot, order it, get it, life moves on.
Apr 12, 2008
907 posts
266 upvotes
LooseMovements wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 12:43 pm
That's correct. $200 for ANY phone plus the trade in value. It's not really worth trading in a phone worth any amount of money it's peanuts. You're better off finding a broken old phone that's worth zero. They'll take ANY old phone.
I'll have to try again then, because on the Samsung website, don't you select what phone you're trading in first and they will apply the appropriate trade in accordingly (as opposed to $200 off any phone)

Thanks for your response.
Jan 20, 2017
100 posts
42 upvotes
fancypantsfloyd wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 3:16 pm
I'll have to try again then, because on the Samsung website, don't you select what phone you're trading in first and they will apply the appropriate trade in accordingly (as opposed to $200 off any phone)

Thanks for your response.
Yes that's correct. I picked "Other" and entered the IMEI #. Comes back as $0 but still applies the $200 rebate. Any value the phone has will be add in addition to the $200.
Jan 20, 2017
100 posts
42 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 3:21 pm
S10 with SPC 10% off and $200off with HST 1055.41
Correct. Add $11.30 for the price of the SPC card if you don't already have one.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4042 posts
3707 upvotes
LooseMovements wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 3:23 pm
Correct. Add $11.30 for the price of the SPC card if you don't already have one.
I have one from samsung promo ;) i have the codes if anyone wants one.
Aug 30, 2015
454 posts
167 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
any idea where can I get a cheap burner phone to use in trade ins? I found some for $50 on kijiji but thats too much :D

none of my friends have a spare one