Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7087 posts
1436 upvotes
Mont-Royal
WorldIRC wrote: Agreed.
oh you mean swirls like on cars? in this case, yeah, i have quite some in my pixel 2xl on the camera lense. i thought scratch resistant includes swirl resistant too
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12953 posts
13705 upvotes
So folks, I've been holding out on this but I'm going to recommend:

BestBuy ClearPlex

I've been using it for 12 to 18 months on my S8+, here's the beauty:
- Free Replacement & Installation (if damaged, they're usually flexible)
- Partially Self-Healing
- Comfortable Feel
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor Friendly
- 'Professionally Installed'

I've already had the S10+ back done, and I may get the front done as well if I don't like the OEM screen protector they put on.

Cost: ~ $30 (per side)

Costly but you never have to worry about installing or replacing a screen protector again. If you're a power user, it's attractive.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2051 posts
740 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: So folks, I've been holding out on this but I'm going to recommend:

BestBuy ClearPlex

- Partially Self-Healing
- Comfortable Feel

I've already had the S10+ back done, and I may get the front done as well if I don't like the OEM screen protector they put on.

Costly but you never have to worry about installing or replacing a screen protector again. If you're a power user, it's attractive.
tempered glass for the front?
Feb 14, 2007
672 posts
168 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Nope, haven't touched tempered glass protectors since 2015. Plus they don't work with the fingerprint sensor.
Not true tempered glass works as long as you get the ones with the loca adhesive. I bought the whitestone one just coz its Samsung certified for the s10s installation was a bit of a hassle to get the fingerprint to work properly but once u do it properly the tempered glass feels great like the original glass. Only thing I don't like is the cutout for the camera. Would have preferred no cut out.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12953 posts
13705 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: Not true tempered glass works as long as you get the ones with the loca adhesive. I bought the whitestone one just coz its Samsung certified for the s10s installation was a bit of a hassle to get the fingerprint to work properly but once u do it properly the tempered glass feels great like the original glass. Only thing I don't like is the cutout for the camera. Would have preferred no cut out.
Fair enough. Bear in mind, the idea of an indented cut-out for a glass screen protector repulses me, seems like a magnetic for dirt and dust.

I also think screen glass protectors are so 2015, as they remain too thick, and appear unsightly sitting on the display.

I'm strongly recommending folks go with the BestBuy ClearPlex for convenience and warranty purposes.

My opinion.
Sep 27, 2003
9835 posts
2482 upvotes
Newmarket
I wonder when Samsung will close my order and remit my final invoice with the IMEI on it.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
9835 posts
2482 upvotes
Newmarket
redflagdealsguy wrote: Fair enough. Bear in mind, the idea of an indented cut-out for a glass screen protector repulses me, seems like a magnetic for dirt and dust.

I also think screen glass protectors are so 2015, as they remain too thick, and appear unsightly sitting on the display.

I'm strongly recommending folks go with the BestBuy ClearPlex for convenience and warranty purposes.

My opinion.
Is ClearPlex model specific? Like will it have the cutout for the S10 front-cameras?
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12953 posts
13705 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote: Is ClearPlex model specific? Like will it have the cutout for the S10 front-cameras?
Quite possibly, as the Samsung OEM protector does, and they try to mimic that in this generation (S10 series). It's a great product/service, see below:
redflagdealsguy wrote: So folks, I've been holding out on this but I'm going to recommend:

BestBuy ClearPlex

- Partially Self-Healing
- Comfortable Feel

Aug 20, 2017
69 posts
20 upvotes
I know this might have been answered before, but can i trade in an old windows 7 phone ( works, no cracks etc and factory reset 10 mins ago ) to get 200 CAD credit ?
Sep 27, 2003
9835 posts
2482 upvotes
Newmarket
Swammingo wrote: I know this might have been answered before, but can i trade in an old windows 7 phone ( works, no cracks etc and factory reset 10 mins ago ) to get 200 CAD credit ?
Yes
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12953 posts
13705 upvotes
So folks, preliminary impressions from the S10+:
- Fingerprint Sensor is 6.9 / 10 (before updates)
- Phone is snappy for common tasks
- Elegant design and feel

Pretty satisfied with the phone. I'm getting better with the fingerprint sensor, but I'm hoping it improves after I apply the updates queued up on my phone

I miss the S10e capacitive sensor on the side, but I feel there are enough fixes and workarounds to avoid serious annoyance.
Apr 12, 2008
942 posts
300 upvotes
Swammingo wrote: I know this might have been answered before, but can i trade in an old windows 7 phone ( works, no cracks etc and factory reset 10 mins ago ) to get 200 CAD credit ?
Looks like it only works on s10 and s10+, but not the s10e (which is what I'm looking for)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1487 posts
197 upvotes
Anyone with a white s10+ preorder who has not had it arrive yet with Koodo at bestbuy?

Its ridiculous how long it is taking.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.

On Koodo. 8gb, unlimited talk, text, 1000ld minutes. $45.