Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1342 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I tried to add the dummy phone but it's $0 value. They only accept dummy smartphone?
Mine is a flip phone.

Help please. Trying to get the $200 min bonus.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12934 posts
13678 upvotes
wecare wrote: I tried to add the dummy phone but it's $0 value. They only accept dummy smartphone?
Mine is a flip phone.

Get a beater smartphone off Kijiji for $5 - $20, if the theory goes that they'll take any modern smartphone post-2007 for $200 credit, then you're set.
Apr 6, 2019
3 posts
What is the galaxyupgrade site? Why is that different from just entering the phone you want to trade in at the checkout page?
Sep 27, 2003
9826 posts
2474 upvotes
Newmarket
wecare wrote: I tried to add the dummy phone but it's $0 value. They only accept dummy smartphone?
Mine is a flip phone.

The phone will have $0 trade but should a trigger the $200 bonus. Take a screenshot once you've added the trade in to your order.
RFD Forums Moderator
Dec 2, 2010
214 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
WorldIRC wrote: I emailed Samsung asking if they could credit me back the $90 vs. going through the motions of return / repurchase. They told me no and would be happy to issue me a return authorization so I could go through the motions.
They probably don't have the ability to do that. Should have asked for something else like a coupon for the galaxy buds or other accessory discount. They likely have internal codes that they can give for discounts on these things
Sep 27, 2003
9826 posts
2474 upvotes
Newmarket
blackstaffer wrote: They probably don't have the ability to do that. Should have asked for something else like a coupon for the galaxy buds or other accessory discount. They likely have internal codes that they can give for discounts on these things
Let me see if they respond further and I'll go from there.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3115 posts
926 upvotes
Vancouver
WorldIRC wrote: samsung.ca - you'll see they now have it for $100 off (plus the usual promotions) as well as 0% financing (if one wants).
Isn't the financing more expensive in the long run? You have to pay a premium
Sep 27, 2003
9826 posts
2474 upvotes
Newmarket
john.canad wrote: Isn't the financing more expensive in the long run? You have to pay a premium
I believe as long as it's paid within a year the fee is waived.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1487 posts
197 upvotes
There has been between 110-160 dollar price drop on this phone since Huawei released their phone today. My deal pertains to the s10 plus 128gb but the s10 has also dropped in price.

So when combined with the bestbuy $360 dollar trade in special, this phone can be had for significantly cheaper than the p30 pro.

Just yesterday the large tab price was 860, now it is 700 today. So combine this with the $360 dollar trade in special, your paying $340.

Also when you get the geeksquad accident insurance for 3 months at 16 per month, they offered another 100 dollars off. You can cancel after 3 months. They offer this to everyone. This is like another 52 dollars off, on top of having accident insurance initially.

700 on large tab
- 360(with any phone including 0 dollars(just not blacklisted)
- 52(geeksquad bonus)
= $288

Add the large tab(if you cancel, which I won't because I want to stay on koodo's good side) add 480 and your paying $768 + activation fee

I was also able to get $100 dollar giftcard because my preorder came so late, so if you have a preorder at bestbuy and haven't picked it up yet, you can get this since I heard this was nationwide. Lastly I got them to throw in a $40 dollar credit towards any case. These two things are definitely case specific.

If you want this phone soon, I would get it today because I don't know if the $360 trade in will last after tomorrow since new promos start every Friday and the $360 dollar trade in banner has been scrubbed from the site. Don't forget to sign up for the referral bonus(before starting the transaction for koodo) which gives your 50 dollar credit on your bill and the original referrer.
Last edited by sheepdogexpress on Apr 11th, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.

On Koodo. 8gb, unlimited talk, text, 1000ld minutes. $45.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4595 posts
4253 upvotes
sheepdogexpress wrote: There has been between 110-160 dollar price drop on this phone since Huawei released their phone today.

So when combined with the bestbuy $360 dollar trade in special, this phone can be had for significantly cheaper than the p30 pro.

Just yesterday the large tab price was 860, now it is 700 today. So combine this with the $360 dollar trade in special, your paying $340.

Also when you get the geeksquad accident insurance for 3 months at 16 per month, they offered another 100 dollars off. You can cancel after 3 months. They offer this to everyone. This is like another 52 dollars off, on top of having accident insurance initially.

700 on large tab
- 52(geeksquad bonus)
= $288

Add the large tab(if you cancel, which I won't because I want to stay on koodo's good side) add 480 and your paying $768 + activation fee

I was also able to get $100 dollar giftcard because my preorder came so late, so if you have a preorder at bestbuy and haven't picked it up yet, you can get this since I heard this was nationwide. Lastly I got them to throw in a $40 dollar credit towards any case. These two things are definitely case specific.

If you want this phone soon, I would get it today because I don't know if the $360 trade in will last after tomorrow since new promos start every Friday and the $360 dollar trade in banner has been scrubbed from the site. Don't forget to you the referral bonus which gives your 50 dollar credit on your bill and the original referrer.
Which model are you referring to and what did you trade in?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4595 posts
4253 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote: I believe as long as it's paid within a year the fee is waived.
I rather get 1 year extended warranty via my credit card
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1487 posts
197 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Which model are you referring to and what did you trade in?
S10 + white 128gb

Traded in a old windows phone that original msrp was 50 dollars. Basically a worthless phone.

As per the geeksquad plan, they also throw in a screen protector with a lifetime warranty which is worth 30 dollars and this warranty continues even after you cancel the geeksquad plan. This all includes installation for each application and from my use, the screen protector works very well in terms of fingerprint sensor sensitivity.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.

On Koodo. 8gb, unlimited talk, text, 1000ld minutes. $45.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4595 posts
4253 upvotes
sheepdogexpress wrote: S10 + white 128gb

Traded in a old windows phone that original msrp was 50 dollars. Basically a worthless phone.

As per the geeksquad plan, they also throw in a screen protector with a lifetime warranty which is worth 30 dollars and this warranty continues even after you cancel the geeksquad plan. This all includes installation for each application and from my use, the screen protector works very well in terms of fingerprint sensor sensitivity.
How much did you pay in the store? Can u provide the breakdown?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3115 posts
926 upvotes
Vancouver
sheepdogexpress wrote: There has been between 110-160 dollar price drop on this phone since Huawei released their phone today. My deal pertains to the s10 plus 128gb but the s10 has also dropped in price.

700 on large tab
- 52(geeksquad bonus)
= $288

If you want this phone soon, I would get it today because I don't know if the $360 trade in will last after tomorrow since new promos start every Friday and the $360 dollar trade in banner has been scrubbed from the site. Don't forget to sign up for the referral bonus(before starting the transaction for koodo) which gives your 50 dollar credit on your bill and the original referrer.
It's a large tab though, so you still have to pay a larger monthly fee