Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Sep 13, 2011
977 posts
135 upvotes
Until April 15th Samsung is offering an additional 100$ off. Plus the 200$ off for any trade in... So 960$ for a s10 128gb. Is this a good deal? I'm with Rogers and my contract is up. And I'm kind of confused with the Koodo "tab" talk... What's the best way to get the s10?
Thanks for helping
EDIT: so am I supposed to sign a contract with Koodo than cancel the plan, to get the best deal?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1347 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if the Bestbuy Free Google Home (with new activation) is clawed back if you cancel the next day?
Nov 4, 2010
55 posts
19 upvotes
kijijis3lling wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:22 pm
SPC-M6DM-YMY9-TS4Y
SPC-M6DT-TZ3N-X19Y
SPC-M6NC-E1N4-CXXT
SPC-M6NE-6K4K-KSM3
SPC-M634-4NYT-ETE4
SPC-M6D3-KKSC-ZE6X
SPC-M6D4-4NYD-ECSY
SPC-M6DD-EMZS-661E
SPC-M63T-T11D-DSCX
SPC-M6N3-16ZS-36YC
SPC-M6N4-9NK1-ZCMM
SPC-M6D9-NN9E-N3ZS
SPC-M6N1-ZK9C-CSYE
You the man, I used the third code
Mar 24, 2011
721 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
cy wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 12:15 am
S10e is a great value, pretty much everything that S10 has minus the QHD screen and telephoto lens (the UWA is more important one). The flat screen and physical finger print reader is a pro for some people. I didn't like it solely because of the slightly wider screen, didn't feel right to me, but that's almost just nicpicking. I'd recommend keep an eye on deals from carrier on S10e, that seems to be the model that'll be priced like the iPhone XR which means it'll get tons of incentive or discounts.

I pre-ordered the P30 Pro as well, but decided to cancel it once I saw it in person yesterday. Screen is horrible compare to Samsung's and software is terrible as well. Camera is amazing, so if that's the primary reason of your phone, go for it - you won't be disappointed. All other aspects, other manufacturers are miles ahead. I heard EMUI 10 is going to be revamped towards the stock Android side. If that's true, it's going to really put Huawei up against Samsung. Until then, S10 series is a way better all-arounder for most people.

The P30 Pro reminds me of why I hated my Mate 20 Pro, nothing has been changed since then.
Thanks for your input! Lol yeah everywhere I see, it seems people are commenting about how awesome P30 Pro camera is, which I am sure it is but other than that, there's not much mention and I know their software isn't that great and probably the fluidness as well. Plus the Pro don't have the headphone jack and maybe their battery is better than Samsung but I want a all round reliable powerful phone, not something that will make me change my mind in 6 months. I have seen the S10e but I might have to get used to the screen but I have been using S7 Edge for 3 years so that's why I am inclined to get the S10
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6187 posts
1178 upvotes
pentexplorer wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 12:54 am
Thanks for your input! Lol yeah everywhere I see, it seems people are commenting about how awesome P30 Pro camera is, which I am sure it is but other than that, there's not much mention and I know their software isn't that great and probably the fluidness as well. Plus the Pro don't have the headphone jack and maybe their battery is better than Samsung but I want a all round reliable powerful phone, not something that will make me change my mind in 6 months. I have seen the S10e but I might have to get used to the screen but I have been using S7 Edge for 3 years so that's why I am inclined to get the S10
Their software IS fluid. It's the little things that makes the experience not enjoyable. To name a few - it has aggressive power management which screws up the notifications, the lock screen notification has this weird double tap to expand which makes interaction not as natural as you would do with all other Android, other small things like the shortcut to launch camera is double tap vol down instead of power key which means you'll launch camera while listening to music if you adjust the volume, etc.

It's usable, a lot of people are able to deal with it, but if I have the choice I wouldn't pick it. Afterall, you interact with the UI every time you use the phone, and for some people they only use the camera maybe few times a day.

S10 has a very capable camera. It's been a reliable set of cameras since S8 and S9, S10 is no different and added versatility of UWA. P30Pro has a better camera doesn't mean S10 is bad. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1486 posts
190 upvotes
mjtree wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 11:23 pm
Anyone have buyers remorse yet?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkell ... 55355c7add
Seems like a spite article. Listing none of the advantages of the s10/s10+ and all the advantages of the a80 which are really minor, but exaggerated to be over the moon. Lets ask ourselves this, do we want ultra detail on close selfie shots, especially at the cost of speed? Do we want even largers screens and even larger phones?

The only objectively better feature which the s10+ might be getting later is 25w charging.

Lets look at the disadvantages which are objectively worse. The A80 is thicker, while having a smaller battery than the s10+. It also losses waterproofing, dual firing speakers, the headphone jack and most importantly, loses expandable memory. The snapdragon 730 performs like a snapdragon 835 meaning it's significantly slower than the s10+.

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2101?vs=2487

That writer has no integrity and seems like a tabloid writer. All sensationalism for the sake of hits rather than writing truthfully to inform and enrich.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.

On Koodo. 8gb, unlimited talk, text, 1000ld minutes. $45.
Nov 20, 2012
747 posts
567 upvotes
Clearplex they put on device is so bad, has scratches all over it and seems very cheap quality one.

Hes like come in 24 hours if not fixed. Quite disappointed with it. He also said you cant ask them to change your protector for free, they charge 10 bucks for every change now. I am not sure if hes telling the truth.

I am gonna go beatbuy near my house tomorrow and see if they can put a new one on it.
Sep 13, 2011
977 posts
135 upvotes
turtleh wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 1:53 am
For the koodo/best buy method, what's the way, I go in on a tab and just cancel? How do I cancel, on spot or over the phone after I leave the store? Is the phone a koodo firmware phone?
I would like to know too please...
Nov 20, 2012
747 posts
567 upvotes
So I just found out that you can cancel the geek squad protection within 30 days and get your 16 dollars you paid for first month back.

I will be going to store tomorrow and getting refund on it. My phone was sold upfront at 240 for large tab so there is no way they can remove any discount since its not even listed there. This will save extra $48 dollars.

So the new total for S8+ is $700-460+35+480 = $755 plus tax = 845, after selling google home = $750 all in (solid deal for S10+) with case and screen protector

I would also like to know what is the best way to cancel koodo and pay off the tab?
Last edited by achohan91 on Apr 13th, 2019 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 24, 2011
721 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
If you don't like the Samsung S10 which you purchased over the Samsung website, can you return it at the Samsung store in Metrotown?
Mar 24, 2011
721 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone experiencing issues to purchase your S10 ? I tried like 3 times to purchase a S10 and it says transaction could not be completed at this time
Nov 20, 2012
747 posts
567 upvotes
mizermalice wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 12:42 am
Anyone know if the Bestbuy Free Google Home (with new activation) is clawed back if you cancel the next day?
no way, its best buy promotion.
Dec 14, 2018
46 posts
2 upvotes
hey guys, late to the party but could someone give me a short list down of what a deal would look like for a medium tab koodo user to buy a s10+ at bestbuy?

I have a spare phone that I can trade in as well.

Also, what is the SPC code? would it be required for the best deal?

Thank you in advance.
Aug 15, 2009
456 posts
242 upvotes
Montreal
turtleh wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 1:53 am
For the koodo/best buy method, what's the way, I go in on a tab and just cancel? How do I cancel, on spot or over the phone after I leave the store? Is the phone a koodo firmware phone?
If your saying you will get bloatware with Koodo, you don't.