Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3897 posts
3423 upvotes
stifmeister wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 11:27 am
Good advice there. And this was through the front line agent you cancelled with? Or Loyalty?
Don't remember, don't even know what number I called, I think it was on the agreement they emailed me or something?

It might have been first level, but likely was retentions. I don't think it matters, tell them you want to cancel, deflect all BS, and they will put you with the right person.

People here make it sound like a herculean effort to cancel, it's not, be firm, and be polite, and it'll get done.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3897 posts
3423 upvotes
Calgon1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 11:43 am
How do you figure it’s worth that? I don’t think they offer any plans that cheap even a BYOD plan.
Just like getting a mortgage, the 'posted rate' isn't their best offer. NOBODY should go on a 'posted plan', there are always cheaper options.

Search RFD, both Virgin and Fido have had $40-45 plans with 4GB and unlimited BYOD offers recently, you just have to search.

As a quick look: PM (Telus 3rd tier) currently has 3G speed (still an LTE service, just limited in bandwidth, same network as Bell & Telus) plan for $40/month with 5GB of data and unlimited calling:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Get on that plan and stay with it until a 'deal' shows up, then switch to that (if you want).

NEVER go for a 'published' plan for tier one providers, it's ALWAYS a ripoff and there is ALWAYS a better deal to be had.

I played that game and my wife is on a Koodo $35/month plan with 5GB of data, while I'm on a $50/month combination that gives me 15GB/month.
Jul 19, 2017
70 posts
18 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 12:31 pm
Just like getting a mortgage, the 'posted rate' isn't their best offer. NOBODY should go on a 'posted plan', there are always cheaper options.

Search RFD, both Virgin and Fido have had $40-45 plans with 4GB and unlimited BYOD offers recently, you just have to search.

As a quick look: PM (Telus 3rd tier) currently has 3G speed (still an LTE service, just limited in bandwidth, same network as Bell & Telus) plan for $40/month with 5GB of data and unlimited calling:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Get on that plan and stay with it until a 'deal' shows up, then switch to that (if you want).

NEVER go for a 'published' plan for tier one providers, it's ALWAYS a ripoff and there is ALWAYS a better deal to be had.

I played that game and my wife is on a Koodo $35/month plan with 5GB of data, while I'm on a $50/month combination that gives me 15GB/month.
Yes you're right, but my phone is paid for through my company and it must be with telus. I was just wondering if you actually were aware of plans with telus at 40-50 dollars a month.
Nov 5, 2004
43 posts
51 upvotes
Calgon1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 12:49 pm
Yes you're right, but my phone is paid for through my company and it must be with telus. I was just wondering if you actually were aware of plans with telus at 40-50 dollars a month.
Telus has retention plans.
Wife is on $40/4gb with them.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3897 posts
3423 upvotes
Calgon1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 12:49 pm
Keep an eye out, they appear.
Oct 28, 2006
566 posts
273 upvotes
Alberta
Ravishing wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 4:07 am
On the Koodo website I'm currently getting an offer of $200 in bill credits for large tab and $150 for medium tab over 6 months. Does anyone know if the employees at Bestbuy will be able to see these and add them as well? And will they clawback if I decide to port out after they're over?
The koodo account specific promo automatically gets added when you upgrade to new phone. However these promo are not for not for new line.
I've done the upgrade couple times in last 6 months and was able to get the store specific promo and Koodo account promo. rep doesn't have to do anything specific just do the upgrade. BUT make sure before you go in what the account promo says. If it says online only then you won't get it if you upgrade in store
Hope this helps
Jul 19, 2017
70 posts
18 upvotes
lalala wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 12:52 pm
Telus has retention plans.
Wife is on $40/4gb with them.
That sounds good, when was she offered this?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2956 posts
847 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the Clearplex but for some reason, there's a cut out for the speaker at the top, but it also has some of the actual screen exposed. It also doesn't completely wrap the edges and covers up the front camera. Did they install the wrong one?
Sep 28, 2010
827 posts
199 upvotes
Surrey
john.canad wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 4:37 pm
I got the Clearplex but for some reason, there's a cut out for the speaker at the top, but it also has some of the actual screen exposed. It also doesn't completely wrap the edges and covers up the front camera. Did they install the wrong one?
I believe you have to request a full screen clear plex cover. They put the smaller ones on for those who want to put a protective case on it. Did you get the clear plex via the geek squad protection plan?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2141 posts
259 upvotes
North Vancouver
check website looks like VIP event is over, anyone have try today get a update?

was trying to check P30 Pro yesterday night in BB to get a compare but they don't have any demo machine.
L4cky wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 11:11 am
The geek squad protection discount still happens ? And the VIP event is just Thursday or entire week end ?
Aug 7, 2003
55 posts
10 upvotes
Ahh missed the $100 GC on Thursday. Also didn't get any $100 credit with the Geek squad. Anyone negotiate with koodo to get a better plan when cancelling.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1560 posts
993 upvotes
harveer wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 6:29 pm
Ahh missed the $100 GC on Thursday. Also didn't get any $100 credit with the Geek squad. Anyone negotiate with koodo to get a better plan when cancelling.
I went into BB in Ottawa yesterday and went through a quote for the 10+, the guy who was one of their senior reps didn't mention any GC, nor did he want to acknowledge any VIP deals for this phone, he didn't even know about the Geek Squad thing either. Ended up with a quote that was like $900 all-in (after tab balance) which was too high for my liking and seemed like it'd be too much work for me to try to get what you guys were getting so I gave up.

Going to go with the F1 Play instead for $270 all-in to tie me over until the Galaxy Note 10 becomes affordable, probably some time next year.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1486 posts
190 upvotes
ecgz88 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 6:25 pm
check website looks like VIP event is over, anyone have try today get a update?

was trying to check P30 Pro yesterday night in BB to get a compare but they don't have any demo machine.
I was told they dont even carry huawei.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.

On Koodo. 8gb, unlimited talk, text, 1000ld minutes. $45.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2956 posts
847 upvotes
Vancouver
purplekush604 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 5:58 pm
I believe you have to request a full screen clear plex cover. They put the smaller ones on for those who want to put a protective case on it. Did you get the clear plex via the geek squad protection plan?
Yes I did. Does that matter?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4322 posts
3998 upvotes
Was hoping to get additional $100 bucks off from the VIP event but I guess it's too late now, got the geeksquad warranty and $100 GC, gonna call in tomorrow and cancel the warranty, the sales rep also gave me free screen protector, free UAG case (retail value $69.99 - I would never pay that much for it) and a free charging cable and of course Google Home which I am gonna sell for $100 bucks. I got the s10+

I got virgin Alberta # on PPD plan, ported that to Koodo line and after few hours ported the # out to save money :) basically cancelled the Koodo line on day 2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)