Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
3394 posts
3135 upvotes
Hut wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:22 pm
What is the cheapest way to port out the # (effectively cancelling Koodo)?
virgin prepaid or bell prepaid
Please DON'T PM me for SPC codes, kindly ask for them in the Samsung thread's (HOT DEALS) section and I will respond with one.
Sep 28, 2010
701 posts
146 upvotes
Surrey
john.canad wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:07 pm
Yes I did. Does that matter?
doesn't matter but the reason i asked because i was curious when you were planning on cancelling it? waiting 2-3 months, or cancelling sooner?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2258 posts
288 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:19 pm
Was hoping to get additional $100 bucks off from the VIP event but I guess it's too late now, got the geeksquad warranty and $100 GC, gonna call in tomorrow and cancel the warranty, the sales rep also gave me free screen protector, free UAG case (retail value $69.99 - I would never pay that much for it) and a free charging cable and of course Google Home which I am gonna sell for $100 bucks. I got the s10+

I got virgin Alberta # on PPD plan, ported that to Koodo line and after few hours ported the # out to save money :) basically cancelled the Koodo line on day 2
Wow you got one heck of a deal...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6744 posts
7077 upvotes
Folks are still balling over this sale, question though?

Is the Samsung direct sale dead-ish? That is to say, is BestBuy still the best overall deal?

According to RFD logic, the Samsung S10 Series phone and Playstation Classic are the two must-own devices of the last two weeks.

God bless.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2509 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
purplekush604 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:32 pm
doesn't matter but the reason i asked because i was curious when you were planning on cancelling it? waiting 2-3 months, or cancelling sooner?
I didn't get the Geek squad protection from the best buy deal, I just bought the clear plex. I don't think that is cancellable as it is just a once time purchase
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
3394 posts
3135 upvotes
johnmoon wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:59 pm
Wow you got one heck of a deal...
I think it's a good deal, below our the items that I got for free and the $100 BBY GC for Geek Squad warranty
1) case https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ua ... 14247.aspx

2) cable https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/in ... 87478.aspx

3) screen protector https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cl ... 92109.aspx
Please DON'T PM me for SPC codes, kindly ask for them in the Samsung thread's (HOT DEALS) section and I will respond with one.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3901 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
I heard that Samsung launched an update that include night mode for the camera. Did anybody get this update yet?

Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2509 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the Clearplex but for some reason, there's a cut out for the speaker at the top, but it also has some of the actual screen exposed. It also doesn't completely wrap the edges and covers up the front camera. Did they install the wrong one?
Aug 30, 2015
376 posts
122 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Mr. Robo wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 9:46 am
I heard that Samsung launched an update that include night mode for the camera. Did anybody get this update yet?

Haven't gotten yet but reviews are not very positive. I have gcam installed for those situations but it's not as convenient
Sep 13, 2011
962 posts
123 upvotes
I accidentally shoved the "Sim ejection tool" in the "noise cancellation" hole when trying to eject the Sim tray, should I be worried about damaging anything?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3033 posts
2462 upvotes
gotrice wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 12:32 pm
I accidentally shoved the "Sim ejection tool" in the "noise cancellation" hole when trying to eject the Sim tray, should I be worried about damaging anything?
You potentially broke that mic, and breached the water proof rating. If calls still work fine (i.e. others can hear you without issue in noisey environments) you should be OK in the first. For the second, I wouldn't let that phone get wet.
Feb 4, 2019
90 posts
73 upvotes
pca1987 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:55 am
Haven't gotten yet but reviews are not very positive. I have gcam installed for those situations but it's not as convenient
When do you use the GCam and how do you find it in comparison to the S10 default camera? I'm coming from the Pixel 2XL and I fell in love with the Pixel processing and Night Sight. I also sideloaded the GCam but haven't experimented much with it yet. I'll probably start taking pictures with both to see how they compare but I appreciate any insight/thoughts from you or anybody else on it.
Aug 30, 2015
376 posts
122 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
AGTOM83 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 4:15 pm
When do you use the GCam and how do you find it in comparison to the S10 default camera? I'm coming from the Pixel 2XL and I fell in love with the Pixel processing and Night Sight. I also sideloaded the GCam but haven't experimented much with it yet. I'll probably start taking pictures with both to see how they compare but I appreciate any insight/thoughts from you or anybody else on it.
I'm coming from pixel 2 as well. I only took 2 pictures with it using the night sight and the results seem better than using the default camera. I wish we could use the wide angle lens within gcam
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6744 posts
7077 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:34 am
I got the Clearplex but for some reason, there's a cut out for the speaker at the top, but it also has some of the actual screen exposed. It also doesn't completely wrap the edges and covers up the front camera. Did they install the wrong one?
Bud they installed the case friendly screen protector, it's terribly cut IMO.

Go back and get them to install the full screen screen protector.

Geek squad is just silly sometimes.