Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
gotrice wrote: Anyone else having issues with their s10 unlocking automatically while in your pocket? Specifically while at the gym and the pocket is sweaty/headphones plugged in?
There's a setting for that. Make sure that it doesn't stay unlocked when on your body, or near your connected bluetooth devices.

There are almost too many features on the S10 beast. Still loving my S10+.
Mar 24, 2011
794 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
I just received my S10, what's the easiest way to transfer stuff from a Samsung S7 Edge? Smartswitch? Does it transfer any cache files or like misc stuff that will slow down my phone? Also for the fingerprint issues, is it the update that fixes it and you do your fingerprint scan again?
Sep 5, 2011
92 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
AlienCh wrote: My mint condition galaxy s8 trade-in value quoted $35. okay there
Just an FYI at Best Buy my S7 quoted $95.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2087 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
How do I port out my S10+ from Koodo to Public mobile or Lucky Mobile prepaid? Will I be prompted when I put in my prepaid SIM?
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Flashfood app
Swagbucks
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1919 posts
395 upvotes
Scarborough
Just checked Koodo and my final bill is generated. Ported out the next day to Bell. 762.XX all in for the S10 (decided to pay 3 months of Geek Squad after getting influenced by another RFD member). Didn't sell my Google Home yet, so all in should be around 662.XX.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1343 posts
314 upvotes
Edmonton
Galaxy S10+ is out of stock at my nearest Best Buy... The rep said they'll call me once the new stock comes in. I should've asked her if other stores have it in stock. Hard to beat Best Buy's $360 trade-in offer since they don't even require a working phone for the trade-in according to someone I spoke on the phone yesterday. I don't think Koodo's trade-in program is as good at $200.

EDIT: All Best Buy stores in my city are sold out, they blamed the VIP sale and long weekend
Last edited by tablo13 on Apr 22nd, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2017
5 posts
4 upvotes
anyone rocking full screen coverage from clearplex what phone cases are you using? seems hard to find one that goes with the screen protector.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
floydrose24 wrote: anyone rocking full screen coverage from clearplex what phone cases are you using? seems hard to find one that goes with the screen protector.
RUNSY 6000mah battery case. Fits like a glove with the full screen ClearPlex screen protector.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12848 posts
13585 upvotes
You gents have issues with Google Assistant (GA)? It's not Samsung S10+ specific, and thankfully the GA experience has improved by upgrading my phone.

Sadly, GA isn't perfect. She will frequently ignore my 'Ok Google' voice commands by Bluetooth earpiece, and when she responds, she'll often throwback a 'smart' remark after ghosting me for the first few attempts.

When I ask her to make a call, she'll sometimes do it straight away, and other times ask me to unlock the phone, if she responds at all. And yes, I've enabled voice commands when the phone is locked.

Very hit and miss. I've also looked for bluetooth earpieces with dedicated GA buttons, to no avail.

Thoughts are welcome.
Jun 15, 2008
553 posts
62 upvotes
Frankly, I've read over 20 pages from this thread but am slightly confused. The part about Best Buy and then cancelling after the free stuff ... is that for signing up for a Koodo line as well?
If I only want to get the S10 and do a trade-in (bringing an old phone to the store when picking up the S10), then any store will be ok, right?
I chatted with a Costco mobile rep but he said they only handle phone + new line. So can't really buy from them.
Nov 20, 2012
811 posts
603 upvotes
Anyone who got $100 gift card on VIP sale? Can you please PM your receipt to me?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5247 posts
1045 upvotes
yogilo wrote: Frankly, I've read over 20 pages from this thread but am slightly confused. The part about Best Buy and then cancelling after the free stuff ... is that for signing up for a Koodo line as well?
If I only want to get the S10 and do a trade-in (bringing an old phone to the store when picking up the S10), then any store will be ok, right?
I chatted with a Costco mobile rep but he said they only handle phone + new line. So can't really buy from them.
BB deal is also with Koodo. You get $360 off when you trade in any phone, even crappy $0 phones. For me I've been with Koodo for a while, no plans to cancel. Samsung Experience Store will give you $200 off when you trade in. Samsung store you can buy outright, don't need to sign up on a plan
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1343 posts
314 upvotes
Edmonton
HP_John wrote: BB deal is also with Koodo. You get $360 off when you trade in any phone, even crappy $0 phones. For me I've been with Koodo for a while, no plans to cancel. Samsung Experience Store will give you $200 off when you trade in. Samsung store you can buy outright, don't need to sign up on a plan
Does the phone have to be working? I have a LG G3 that suffered a black/green screen of death.
Dec 3, 2017
46 posts
41 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: You gents have issues with Google Assistant (GA)? It's not Samsung S10+ specific, and thankfully the GA experience has improved by upgrading my phone.

Sadly, GA isn't perfect. She will frequently ignore my 'Ok Google' voice commands by Bluetooth earpiece, and when she responds, she'll often throwback a 'smart' remark after ghosting me for the first few attempts.

When I ask her to make a call, she'll sometimes do it straight away, and other times ask me to unlock the phone, if she responds at all. And yes, I've enabled voice commands when the phone is locked.

Very hit and miss. I've also looked for bluetooth earpieces with dedicated GA buttons, to no avail.

Thoughts are welcome.
I dont know about Bluetooth but my GA is always listening now on my new S10. Even when the screen is off and locked, as soon as I say hey Google it listens.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1343 posts
314 upvotes
Edmonton
Those of you who ordered from Samsung website, how long did it take to ship? Looking back at my S8+ days shows 2 business days. Will it take 2 business days again lol