Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
AriStar wrote: I have an S8+ with a cracked screen, it says $50 + $200 promo when preordering. Is this the best deal I can get?

Any possibility of better deals later this month?
any deal u get later on will be minus the $200 promo so prolly no difference
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Exactly. Happens a month or two after launch.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes
aos007 wrote: How does this trade in work for preorders? It doesn't actually say how and where to trade in the old phone if you purchase online. Best Buy does not allow in store pickup for this preorder, for example. Would you have to mail it in? At whose expense? I've read that trade in document and can't find anything.
For Rogers, you pre-order online, and choose a store to pickup from, and take your trade-in with you at time of pickup.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Jul 22, 2007
445 posts
139 upvotes
Will Samsung stores have it on the 5th or the 8th like every other store?

If u preorder through Samsung online it says starts shipping on the 5th, which probably wouldn’t arrive till the 8th or later
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2462 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
sergers wrote: Will Samsung stores have it on the 5th or the 8th like every other store?

If u preorder through Samsung online it says starts shipping on the 5th, which probably wouldn’t arrive till the 8th or later
If you preorder in store, the earliest you can pick it up is the 8th.
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: If you preorder in store, the earliest you can pick it up is the 8th.
if u preorder in store i dunno if you can even get it by the 8th anymore.. my email from samsung US shows if i preorder now i can get it by the 25th of march hinting at they are sold out of the first wave
Dec 15, 2012
85 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
I pre-ordered it on Saturday at Sherway - they booked an appointment for pickup on the 9th (could have gone as early as the 8th). Apparently they're doing them all via appointments to make it more "civil" and avoid making everybody wait in long lines.

Sales rep let me know that the phone only needs to be working and turn on to allow for the trade-in which is done upon pickup. The cracked screen of my trade-in won't matter.

He mentioned there was 30% off cases if you pre-order, which I took advantage of, but then I get home and check the receipt and they charged me full retail so idk what's up with that. Worst case I just refund my order and go by something off Amazon. Maybe they refund the whole thing (along with the $50 deposit) on pickup and charge for the full phone + discounted case?
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes
Nice cases for $21 on Amazon.
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: if u preorder in store i dunno if you can even get it by the 8th anymore.. my email from samsung US shows if i preorder now i can get it by the 25th of march hinting at they are sold out of the first wave
I ordered with Rogers and was number 62 in line, I just checked and saw this message:
"Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you."
I'm sure I can pick it up in March 8th.
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: I ordered with Rogers and was number 62 in line, I just checked and saw this message:
"Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you."
I'm sure I can pick it up in March 8th.
I meant if you preorder now and I guess it depends on which one? I selected the 1tb white which is Samsung store exclusive atm
Aug 7, 2005
80 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary
Gangsta101 wrote: International version. That is usually the case. And best part is that it's Dual Sim. If my phone wasn't being paid for by my company, I'd jump all over this.

EDIT: It might be cheaper because it uses the Exynos chipset designed by Samsung themselves. Meaning they don't have to pay as much to Qualcomm. But that's just me speculating
Remember though if you get the International version that the Exynos 9820 is supposed to be weaker in performance compared to the Snapdragon 855. I think for the savings it may be worth it as you wouldn't notice much of a difference during real-world use, but the rumor is that the Exynos 9820 is not as power efficient as the Snap 855...so that might make it a tougher call.

Mightygadget.co.uk chipset comparision page

UPDATE: Looks like the eBay seller has different listings for both the Snap 855 and Exynos 9820 versions of the S10 128GB but at the same price of $799USD + $22.99USD shipping. No need to compromise anymore and both dual sim:

S10 - Exynos version: Exynos9820

S10 - Snap version: Snap855
Feb 20, 2019
1 posts
Ottawa
It's only "up to". I would get $70 for my s7 edge. About the same I could sell it for, maybe less.
Jul 22, 2007
445 posts
139 upvotes
If u buy in Canada from a authorized store (Samsung), are you getting the snapdragon exynos processor?

When I last bought a Samsung phone it was the s7, and it came exynos.(which was better at the time than the snap s7)

Does any one know if it’s 855 version in Canada?
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
sergers wrote: If u buy in Canada from a authorized store (Samsung), are you getting the snapdragon exynos processor?

When I last bought a Samsung phone it was the s7, and it came exynos.(which was better at the time than the snap s7)

canada gets snapdragon, all the demo phones are snap dragon
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
sergers wrote: If u buy in Canada from a authorized store (Samsung), are you getting the snapdragon exynos processor?

This time the snapdragon is better.
Jan 27, 2013
54 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
Mr. Robo wrote: Anyone get their shipping notice?
Not yet. I ordered on Samsung's website and still says processing.
Nov 17, 2006
203 posts
65 upvotes
Sqcups wrote: Any benefits to ordering through Costco vs directly through Samsung?
Costco offers a 2 year warranty if you don't have a Credit Card with extended warranty.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1688 posts
2367 upvotes
Waterloo Region
shabby wrote: This time the snapdragon is better.
Better is subjective. Faster performance and modem doesn't matter if the difference is small and noticeable. But access to root and Custom ROMs might if you are so inclined, also UPDATEs! Canadian Carriers are almost invariably the last to release new Android versions. So you might have a super fast phone stuck on Android O when the rest of the world has moved on to Android Q.
Anyways my point is that processor choice is subjective based on what you plan to do with your phone. The only reasons I'm going with a Snapdragon this time around is because it's being paid for by work AND Canadian Carriers do not allow access to VoWifi or VoLTE when you use a phone you didn't purchase from them. This is very important for travel purposes.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
The S10 / S10+ don't seem to take advantage of the SD855's dual gps receiver feature. Oh well...