Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1794 posts
1449 upvotes
Waterloo
Am I doing something wrong? Added a fully functioning iPhone 5 and gave me $4 off lol.
Feb 4, 2019
51 posts
44 upvotes
chipskylark wrote: My s7 battery just died a few days ago so it won't turn on. Do you guys think I would be able to trade it in without replacing the battery? On the online method it allows me to trade it in for $0 after asking specifically whether or not it turns on. The benefit for me is I get the $200 promo credit. I am not sure whether they will honour the promo despite me correctly answering their questions. What do y'all think?
You can go to galaxyupgrade.ca and use the live chat feature. Whenever I've had questions, I just chatted with them and they've been great every time.

Hope that helps!
Feb 28, 2016
921 posts
578 upvotes
I just signed back up with Telus, I was with Rogers. They had some winback promo's and it ended up being the best deal for. New Samsung S10 128GB on a two year plan with $0 down, just $35 activation fee. $95 per month for Canada wide long distance and 10GB. The other option was $190 upfront, $80 per month for 5GB and unlimited LD. I asked about any trade in promo's and there wasn't any according to the CSR. This is a better deal than the $520 upfront, up to $300 in rebates, $90 per month for 5GB and unlimited LD that Rogers offered me. I've also had issues with Roger's cell service up here in Northern Ontario so that was another reason for switching.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1181 posts
889 upvotes
Toronto
Yushimi wrote: Spoke to a sales at the SES store. Advised that as long as the phone is GSM (accepts SIM card and not CDMA) and it turns on; you can trade it in. They don't care if the screen is cracked. Only need the phone without any of the accessories (ie. charger).
I just preordered the S10+ at the Eaton Centre Samsung store. I specifically asked whether they would accept an old CDMA flip phone. The guy said yes and even confirmed with the manager. They said the only criteria is that it's a Canadian phone and that it turns on.
Nov 21, 2010
273 posts
59 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: I just preordered the S10+ at the Eaton Centre Samsung store. I specifically asked whether they would accept an old CDMA flip phone. The guy said yes and even confirmed with the manager. They said the only criteria is that it's a Canadian phone and that it turns on.
Odd. Well I’m glad it worked for you. I preordered at the store in Metrotown and they specifically told me it had to be GSM and that it also turns on because they needed the IMEI. I was going to bring in a CDMA which is why I had it clarified. Wished they could just make it easier and just say any Canadian phone that turns on.
Oct 13, 2018
4 posts
8 upvotes
Last year when I was there buying my S9, I traded in my old iPhone 6 bought in China with no issue. So I'm not sure if they really care about the country of the phone...
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10548 posts
1322 upvotes
Brampton
paintballdude05 wrote: I just signed back up with Telus, I was with Rogers. They had some winback promo's and it ended up being the best deal for. New Samsung S10 128GB on a two year plan with $0 down, just $35 activation fee. $95 per month for Canada wide long distance and 10GB. The other option was $190 upfront, $80 per month for 5GB and unlimited LD. I asked about any trade in promo's and there wasn't any according to the CSR. This is a better deal than the $520 upfront, up to $300 in rebates, $90 per month for 5GB and unlimited LD that Rogers offered me. I've also had issues with Roger's cell service up here in Northern Ontario so that was another reason for switching.
Did you call in and get this telus winback offer? May I ask how you got it? It looks like a great deal to me!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Feb 28, 2016
921 posts
578 upvotes
squall458 wrote: Did you call in and get this telus winback offer? May I ask how you got it? It looks like a great deal to me!
I had been getting calls from them for the past couple of weeks but was ignoring them (thinking it was telemarketing). When I finally talked to them I was originally offered a Note 9 or S9 for free on the $80 plan mentioned abive. I asked them to call back so that I could look at all my options but they never did. I called them back at 18663699826 and the CSR (sounded like regular Telus call center) saw the note from the winback team and told me they're call me back in 24 hours. When they finally called back I asked about the S10 and got the deal above. I might have been able to get a bit more out of them but felt the deal was good enough.

If you're a former Koodo or Telus customer I'd give them a call to see what they'll say. I was originally a Telus customer, transferred over to Koodo then left for Rogers. I guess it's really Telus trying to winback former Koodo customers.
Oct 31, 2011
157 posts
15 upvotes
Do you guys think I can trade in my Verizon Galaxy S5? I bought it on ebay a few years ago

I selected "Galaxy S5 Other" from the list and entered the IMEI. I was able to proceed... but I don't know if they will accept it once they get the phone... hmm.
Koodo 45$ 11gb
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6533 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
mcfart wrote: I have a 10 year old blackberry curve 9300...it's in rough shape but no cracks on the screen and it works fine.

Is it eligible for trade-in? :P
I have a BB curve I key-in the imei show trade in value $10 lol
Oct 9, 2003
20 posts
1 upvote
I put down my order for s10+ with s7 edge trade in yesterday. Online quote for trade in is $110. However, the email from trade-in handling company (clover wireless) gave only $75.

Really upset about this, just cancelled the order.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15506 posts
16751 upvotes
It looks like my corporate hookup fell through for various reasons, so I'm back to solutioning how to buy the S10+ without breaking the bank.

Options include:
- Selling my pair of S8+ phones
- Buying an unlocked S10/S10+ from Amazon.com (US)... and applying my $500 credit.
- Manning up and waiting for the S11

I'm leaning towards options 1 and 2. Buying from Amazon.com (US) still sets me back $500+ USD... after credit and before I sell my S8+.

Notice I'm buying outright here.