Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Nov 3, 2018
30 posts
2 upvotes
Any benefits to ordering through Costco vs directly through Samsung?
Mar 2, 2019
1 posts
According to Samsung's terms and conditions here, https://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions ... TCs_EN.pdf, Samsung requires a minimum trade in value of $25 to get the promotion.
s10_minvalue.png
I have an ancient phone with a cracked screen, but I don't want them to turn around and claim that my phone is ineligible after putting down the deposit. Did anybody get a guarantee from one of the reps?
Jun 20, 2015
30 posts
18 upvotes
Sqcups wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 10:55 pm
Any benefits to ordering through Costco vs directly through Samsung?
From what I can tell, if you order from Samsung you get the $200 discounted before tax, whereas Costco would be after tax. It would be easier to return to Costco if a problem came up though.
Nov 30, 2016
226 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
paintballdude05 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 8:53 pm
I just signed back up with Telus, I was with Rogers. They had some winback promo's and it ended up being the best deal for. New Samsung S10 128GB on a two year plan with $0 down, just $35 activation fee. $95 per month for Canada wide long distance and 10GB. The other option was $190 upfront, $80 per month for 5GB and unlimited LD. I asked about any trade in promo's and there wasn't any according to the CSR. This is a better deal than the $520 upfront, up to $300 in rebates, $90 per month for 5GB and unlimited LD that Rogers offered me. I've also had issues with Roger's cell service up here in Northern Ontario so that was another reason for switching.
This is a really good deal. i used to be with Koodo so i called Telus, and the Rep said it was targeted. that if i didn't get the email/call, then it wasn't for me. i really wanted the earbuds for cheap/free that was why i was considering the Telus offer. i still think preordering via Freedom Mobile is still the best deal of all (If you've got reliable Freedom mobile coverage in your area). i currently pay about 46 dollars after taxes (60 dollar plan discounted) and getting the S10+ with 0 upfront and 45 monthly would be a great deal. But gosh i really want those earbuds for free
Nov 3, 2010
493 posts
418 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 9:37 am
This is a really good deal. i used to be with Koodo so i called Telus, and the Rep said it was targeted. that if i didn't get the email/call, then it wasn't for me. i really wanted the earbuds for cheap/free that was why i was considering the Telus offer. i still think preordering via Freedom Mobile is still the best deal of all (If you've got reliable Freedom mobile coverage in your area). i currently pay about 46 dollars after taxes (60 dollar plan discounted) and getting the S10+ with 0 upfront and 45 monthly would be a great deal. But gosh i really want those earbuds for free
What Freedom deal are you referring to? Don't see anything like that on their site.
Feb 25, 2019
3 posts
I was planning on cancelling my Samsung preorder and do the Costco route with the cashback. I didn't realize the Costco deal has tax applied on the full amount, negating any cost savings depending on your trade in and if you collect Aeroplan
Feb 28, 2016
646 posts
270 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 9:37 am
In my case, the next cheapest option overall would have been to buy the phone outright and go to Public Mobile on a $40 BYOD plan. Now I've got to look to see if I'm going to get free earbuds with mine, the CSR never mentioned anything!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3801 posts
1981 upvotes
ilove wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:54 pm
Over $9000 for a phone? No thanks.
you really posted this? And, over all, win 70 upvotes? That upvote/downvote system makes me sick ;)
Nov 30, 2016
226 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
Ambushes wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 9:41 am
What Freedom deal are you referring to? Don't see anything like that on their site.
Freedom mobile's S10+ preorder is for Zero dollars upfront, and $45 monthly on a 2 year tab if you activate on a $60+ plan. i have the $60+ plan which has been discounted as a result of the family and friends 25% discount from a few months ago, meaning i could get the 128GB S10+ for about $100 after taxes, with a total of about 14gigs of data. total cost of the phone after all discounts comes to $1,080. i am wondering if its even worth it to get the 200 dollars from a phone trade in, unless that brings my monthly premium down.
paintballdude05 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 9:49 am
In my case, the next cheapest option overall would have been to buy the phone outright and go to Public Mobile on a $40 BYOD plan. Now I've got to look to see if I'm going to get free earbuds with mine, the CSR never mentioned anything!
Telus/Koodo are the only ones offering the free galaxy buds with preorder. you might wanna call and confirm.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3976 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
yesnomaybe wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 9:23 pm
I just preordered the S10+ at the Eaton Centre Samsung store. I specifically asked whether they would accept an old CDMA flip phone. The guy said yes and even confirmed with the manager. They said the only criteria is that it's a Canadian phone and that it turns on.
So when you preordered in store, they took your flip phone to get $200 off and you gave them a deposit of $50.
Nov 30, 2016
226 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
Ludepower wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 12:11 pm
How come this phone is cheaper on Ebay.ca

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy- ... gYYyy4bEU5
International version. That is usually the case. And best part is that it's Dual Sim. If my phone wasn't being paid for by my company, I'd jump all over this.

EDIT: It might be cheaper because it uses the Exynos chipset designed by Samsung themselves. Meaning they don't have to pay as much to Qualcomm. But that's just me speculating
Last edited by Gangsta101 on Mar 3rd, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 28, 2017
4 posts
Kitchener Ontario
I Can’t wait for Apple to come out with their
24inch IPAD PRO PHLIPLIT
Nov 30, 2016
226 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
Greenhill1962 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 12:23 pm
I Can’t wait for Apple to come out with their
24inch IPAD PRO PHLIPLIT
A 2 foot diagonal tablet. What would anyone want with that?
Only Apple product I'm waiting for is the Airport 2, rumoured to be launching on the 29th. I wanna comapre it with the Galaxy buds before buying any.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2149 posts
28 upvotes
Whats the best way to go about buying it. I noticed pre ordering it online gives you a $200 discount without the trade in value. Should I just wait till march 5 and then walk into a store (with stock) and trade in my old phone?